#1 Posted by Al_capOWN (646 posts) - - Show Bio

So with the current batman run, Snyders run, how many villains have we seen take the center stage? I may miss one or a few but I remember:

1. Courth of owls

2. Joker (DoF)

3. Dr. Death (zero year?)

4. Riddler (zero year)

5. Joker (end game)

thats it right? Seems like Snyder isnt taking advantage of Batmans rouge gallery, or maybe he just spending too much time with the ones he has used, but Im not complaining, he is kicking butt IMO.

So my question to you guys is, who do you want/wish would take the stage next?

Personally I would love to see poison ivy and two face as a team up, or see Mr freeze (solo) as the main villain, I love mr freeze and havent seen him be center stage in comics for a while.

So who would you like to see next?

#2 Posted by arkhamace (206 posts) - - Show Bio

the next will be someone called mr bloom.

in batman eternal he had pretty good ones

I even like the villains in detective comics.

#3 Posted by william300 (783 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke.

Mr. Freeze (with his original origin restored.)

Owlman (Lincoln March/Thomas Wayne Jr.?). He hasn't shown up sense Night of the Owls, it's time for him to come back.

Hugo Strange.

#4 Posted by arkhamace (206 posts) - - Show Bio

i doesn't want to spoil you but i think he shows up in one more "special" comic : )

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
#5 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (3301 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke.

Mr. Freeze (with his original origin restored.)

Owlman (Lincoln March/Thomas Wayne Jr.?). He hasn't shown up sense Night of the Owls, it's time for him to come back.

Hugo Strange.

Just showed up recently.

Agreed on Hugo Strange however. Heck i'd kill for Arcs/storylines involved Clayface, Mad Hatter, Freeze, and Scarface as the main villains too.

#6 Posted by william300 (783 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathaniel_christopher: I always liked Mr. Freeze, then New 52 give him that awful new origin that turned him from a tragic husband, into a creepy stalker.

#7 Posted by arkhamace (206 posts) - - Show Bio

i like his new 52 origin better

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
#8 Edited by DeathpooltheT1000 (18984 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

#9 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (3301 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathaniel_christopher: I always liked Mr. Freeze, then New 52 give him that awful new origin that turned him from a tragic husband, into a creepy stalker.

Yeah the New 52 origin is just another example of the need for comics to be dark and edgy nowadays smh. New origin is trash and doesn't hold a candle to the previous one.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a60370ee1024
#10 Posted by deactivated-5a60370ee1024 (192 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m still holding out for something huge for either Two-Face or the Penguin. Great stories can be told with them, but writers these days don’t take advantage of that.

#11 Posted by amami (268 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Ra's al Ghul to resurrect.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
#12 Posted by deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3 (615 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see Two-Face, Penguin, Hugo Strange if we're talking about established rogues, but I'd probably rather see attempts at new villains even if they're one-offs. When it's all said and done, I want writers working with characters they want to work with.

@nathaniel_christopher: I don't feel like it was trying to be edgy at all, I never get that feeling from Snyder. It was just a twist on his TAS origin. Maybe he felt it was played out and Freeze needed to get away from that.

#13 Edited by Slade-Wilson (76 posts) - - Show Bio

I wanted something with Penguin, but that seems rather unlikely after the latest issue

After The Slenderman Mr.Bloom did this to him

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Still, I'd like to see him re-imagine someone lame like Kite Man or Condiment King

#14 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (3301 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathaniel_christopher: I don't feel like it was trying to be edgy at all, I never get that feeling from Snyder. It was just a twist on his TAS origin. Maybe he felt it was played out and Freeze needed to get away from that.

So instead of doing something else entirely he specifically takes the prior origin and makes Freeze into an obsessed stalker who can't tell imagination from reality, and who also murdered his mom?

No, no, not trying to be dark and edgy at all.

#15 Posted by Stefano (2515 posts) - - Show Bio

Courth of owls

Avatar image for gustavoburciaga1
#16 Edited by GustavoBurciaga1 (652 posts) - - Show Bio

I've said this a million times and I'll say it again. Prometheus, I think Snyder will have fun writing one of the best Anti-Batmen that has come out of DC.

#17 Posted by Bat_Girl_CC (6161 posts) - - Show Bio

We don't need a "main-event-Joker" type of story, for every single arc...a Hugo strange story could be interesting.

Or better yet, David Cain! with a new origin story, it would be awesome.

#18 Posted by Bat_Girl_CC (6161 posts) - - Show Bio

Lmao, mr.bloom, its a freakin poison ivy rip-off...as much as i am a snyder fan, what he did with that character was not add new villains to batman's rogues galery, it was taking things from ones and give it to others, and that sucks.

#19 Edited by Aahz (1266 posts) - - Show Bio

@b4tm4nish3r3 said:

I’m still holding out for something huge for either Two-Face or the Penguin.

Didn't Two-face die in the end of the "Batman and Two-face" Arc? And penguin is curently working for Catwoman.

@Bat_Girl_CC said:

Or better yet, David Cain! with a new origin story, it would be awesome..

He will probably show up in Eternal when they introduce Cass.