Avatar image for enrique_boy
#1 Edited by Enrique_Boy (25 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always thought that Batman never cries, but after I finished reading Flashpoint #5 I find out that he cries when Flash gives him the letter from his father.

Are there other times when Bats had cried or at least felt very emotional?

Did he cry when Jason got killed?

Avatar image for sog7dc
#2 Edited by SOG7dc (11368 posts) - - Show Bio

batman doesnt cry. batman makes onions cry

Avatar image for deactivated-579cd0e5dfb0d
#4 Posted by deactivated-579cd0e5dfb0d (110 posts) - - Show Bio

We don't really see tears (I think) but I'm pretty sure he cried in Injustice:Gods Among Us when Nightwing died.

Avatar image for veshark
#5 Edited by Veshark (9458 posts) - - Show Bio

@sog7dc said:

batman doesnt cry. batman makes onions cry

HOO-RAH.

He cried when Damian died, though. Which was pretty heartbreaking.

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
#6 Edited by Dark_Vengeance_ (15334 posts) - - Show Bio
@veshark said:

@sog7dc said:

batman doesnt cry. batman makes onions cry

HOO-RAH.

He cried when Damian died, though. Which was pretty heartbreaking.

It was because the water molecules were too scared to be in his body so they tried to leave through his eyes, they knew sh!t was going to go nuts.

Avatar image for rustyroy
#7 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

TBH I think Batman cries too much now, I mean since Flashpoint he's crying too much, I've never seen him cry in Pre-Flashpoint Universe. I hated when he cried in Court of Owls, that's one of the reasons I don't like Snyder's take.

Avatar image for knightrise
#8 Posted by KnightRise (4811 posts) - - Show Bio

It was because the water molecules were too scared to be in his body so they tried to leave through his eyes, they knew sh!t was going to go nuts.

Avatar image for daredevil21134
#9 Posted by daredevil21134 (15871 posts) - - Show Bio

In Flash Point

Avatar image for marionettegeist
#10 Posted by Marionettegeist (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

TBH I think Batman cries too much now, I mean since Flashpoint he's crying too much, I've never seen him cry in Pre-Flashpoint Universe. I hated when he cried in Court of Owls, that's one of the reasons I don't like Snyder's take.

Batman should only cry in really rare situations. It's what makes it so dramatic when he does. The end of Flashpoint was actually pretty emotional because of it.

Avatar image for dayvid3
#11 Posted by Dayvid3 (919 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for rustyroy
#12 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

Batman should only cry in really rare situations. It's what makes it so dramatic when he does. The end of Flashpoint was actually pretty emotional because of it.

Well I don't like it, I'm not saying he can't be sad but to me the last time Batman should've cried is when he saw his parents die before his eyes, anyways its not that rare now.

I particularly hate this one......

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
#13 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (9121 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre 52 never cried. New 52 read almost every comic he's in.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
#15 Posted by Marionettegeist (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@dctv3363 said:

Batman should only cry in really rare situations. It's what makes it so dramatic when he does. The end of Flashpoint was actually pretty emotional because of it.

Well I don't like it, I'm not saying he can't be sad but to me the last time Batman should've cried is when he saw his parents die before his eyes, anyways its not that rare now.

I particularly hate this one......

No Caption Provided

I hate it when he cries to. I'm saying it should only be very rarely used. Like you said about him crying when his parents died, in Flashpoint he shed a single tear because he was delivered a letter from his dead dad, it made sense for him to cry that one time.

Avatar image for rustyroy
#16 Edited by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

@toplel: @dctv3363: I know what you mean, I just hope it becomes rare again because crying just seems very out of character for Batman, the panel I posted, I hated that because it was too dramatic, too cliché to me, Batman will not fear death or the devil, the fear and desperation can also be seen in the eyes if you notice the panel but the tears were unnecessary and what came after made it more cheesy, it works better with other heroes but not Batman.

Avatar image for marionettegeist
#17 Edited by Marionettegeist (1936 posts) - - Show Bio

@rustyroy said:

@toplel: @dctv3363: I know what you mean, I just hope it becomes rare again because crying just seems very out of character for Batman, the panel I posted, I hated that because it was too dramatic, too cliché to me, Batman will not fear death or the devil, the fear and desperation can also be seen in the eyes if you notice the panel but the tears were unnecessary and what came after made it more cheesy, it works better with other heroes but not Batman.

Agreed.

Avatar image for rustyroy
#19 Posted by RustyRoy (16610 posts) - - Show Bio

@toplel: I think he was tired too (although I still believe he was scared because of how he reacts when he sees the Talon in the cave)but getting tired, giving up that's not who Batman is, one of the reasons I didn't enjoy Snyder's.

Avatar image for chrisj_1
#20 Posted by chrisj_1 (289 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

@sog7dc said:

batman doesnt cry. batman makes onions cry

HOO-RAH.

He cried when Damian died, though. Which was pretty heartbreaking.

It was because the water molecules were too scared to be in his body so they tried to leave through his eyes, they knew sh!t was going to go nuts.

Most amazing response ever... of all time.

Avatar image for innervenom123
#21 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29887 posts) - - Show Bio

Jason Todd.

Avatar image for silent_bomber
#22 Edited by silent_bomber (4704 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for gordyman
#23 Posted by Gordyman (678 posts) - - Show Bio

Didn't he cry when Jason Todd died?

Avatar image for redleader1
#24 Posted by redleader1 (845 posts) - - Show Bio

@gordyman: yes look at the cover and on the actually book

Avatar image for kgb725
#25 Posted by kgb725 (15232 posts) - - Show Bio

Whenever a son of his dies or something happens with his parents

Avatar image for russellmania77
#26 Posted by russellmania77 (17602 posts) - - Show Bio

when he was holding jason's body :'(

Avatar image for darkknight1939
#27 Posted by DarkKnight1939 (159 posts) - - Show Bio

He cried in Batman: Venom, on the phone call to Alfred.

Avatar image for divine_disorder
#28 Posted by Divine_Disorder (200 posts) - - Show Bio

He cried in Batman: Broken City. Something to do with his parents' memory. I don't mind him crying if it's over the people he loves. Or if he does it when he's alone, because in his line of work, with all the crazy sh*t he's been through, I'm actually a little surprised he doesn't have a meltdown more often. I don't think I've ever seen him cry in front of anyone, though. Has he?

Avatar image for Elbarto17
#29 Posted by PunyParker (15670 posts) - - Show Bio

He cried when he read Frank Miller's All Star Batman and Robin......

Avatar image for z3ro180
#31 Posted by z3ro180 (8774 posts) - - Show Bio

@bruxae: To witch Batman pointed and yelled ''Dick your a F()KIN SLAG''....Dick joke :D

Avatar image for aaron_the_great
#32 Posted by aaron_the_great (56 posts) - - Show Bio

My heart absolutely melted in flashpoint #5

Good series.

Avatar image for joeeddie
#33 Posted by JoeEddie (555 posts) - - Show Bio

Good topic for a thread

Avatar image for crazy_llama
#34 Edited by Crazy_Llama (40 posts) - - Show Bio

Both he and Alfred cried while watching his mission recordings with Damian.