• 48 results
modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By modernww2fare

Poll Was DCAU Batman overpowered? (94 votes)

Yes 40%
No 60%

Was DCAU Batman the way he should've been, or did Bruce Timm turn him into a god?

• 
Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JL Batman was.

Beata

zaied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By zaied

No, he was just the easiest character to not have deviate from the comics. He never really did anything that Batman hasn't done, or can't replicate in the comics.

Only his 2-3 higher end feats are really that over the top.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always liked the character more in the pre JL shows to be honest.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always liked the character more in the pre JL shows to be honest.

why?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@modernww2fare: I liked the writing better and how they focus in other aspects i found more interesting.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Only when he dodged omega beams

CuddleBear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

B:TAS Batman was just a dude. I remember him having a hard time beating Harvey Dent in a fist fight.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

Last episode of Justice League Unlimited he dogde two Omega beams and maganed to direct the beam to kill a parademon while Superman wasnt able to dogde it. But then you had in some episodes where he knew everything or could do anything.

ganon15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324 said:

Only when he dodged omega beams

And took out Sinestro with just a batarang

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

No he was Batman. Is Earth 1 Batman useless? Seems like a better thread.

Avatar image for masterdetective
MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If anything he gets downplayed, some people even think the Nolan Batman was superior.

His feats, for the most part, are in line with what I would expect from the character in that universe.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 the_stegman  Moderator

No. He just didn't get needed like the others. Except Hawkgirl, who seemed stronger.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The man didged darkseid's omega beams man come on if that isn't OP i don't know what is lol. Still he has his butt handed to him a good amount of times i remember lady wonder woman treating him like a rag doll and the joker knocking him out with a bag of bricks.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. BTAS Batman was fine. JL Batman was pretty much perfect.

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Off the top of my head? He dodged Darkseid's Omega Beams, kicked Darkseid and made him tumble, he dodged Kalibak's attack while Kalibak beat up Wonder Woman, he tossed Superman across the room...

That's off the top of my head.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By modernww2fare

@superguy1591 said:

Off the top of my head? He dodged Darkseid's Omega Beams, kicked Darkseid and made him tumble, he dodged Kalibak's attack while Kalibak beat up Wonder Woman, he tossed Superman across the room...

That's off the top of my head.

He also knocked out Sinestro with a mere batarang, as Ganon said

Superguy1591

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you didn't already know the answer, you wouldn't bother to ask.

We all know League Batman was amped, which wouldn't have been so bad if everyone else didn't get nerfed.

modernww2fare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

"Don't handle me J'onn, I'm serious"

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

"Don't handle me J'onn, I'm serious"

...Thank you.

I didn't think anyone would get that reference, but I'm glad someone did.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Gracetrack

@superguy1591: People make way too much of this.

"He dodged Darkseid's Omega Beams..."

Eh, happened one time. And Darkseid was also nerfed (in general) along with most of the other more powerful characters, as you yourself pointed out. So it's not really implausible. This is also the same episode that had Lex Luthor (sans battle suit) keeping up with Batman and taking on parademons with two pistols.

"kicked Darkseid and made him tumble..."

He didn't make him "tumble," he made him stagger a little. Also, Batman had a running start and pole-vaulted, essentially putting everything he had into it (his entire body weight). And again, it happened one time (in the exact same episode as the above feat) against a nerfed Darkseid. This was literally the last episode in the Timm-verse series.

"he dodged Kalibak's attack while Kalibak beat up Wonder Woman..."

Um... Batman being able to dodge Kalibak isn't all that impressive or unbelievable. Wonder Woman wasn't trying to evade him. Besides, all these characters were nerfed, remember?

"he tossed Superman across the room..."

Again, Superman was nerfed, especially the STAS version of Supes (which is when this happened). Supes then immediately speed-blitzed Bats and put him in his place.

In general, Batman was not overpowered in the DCAU. Yes, there were a few brief, anomalous moments (dodging the Omega Beam in the final episode being the biggest "offender" by far), but said moments ultimately amounted to nothing anyway.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, happened one time. And Darkseid was also nerfed (in general) along with most of the other more powerful characters, as you yourself pointed out. So it's not really implausible. This is also the same episode that had Lex Luthor (sans battle suit) keeping up with Batman and taking on parademons with two pistols.

He didn't make him "tumble," he made him stagger. And Batman had a running start and pole-vaulted, essentially putting everything he had into it (his entire body weight). And again, it happened one time (in the exact same episode as the above feat) against a nerfed Darkseid. This was literally the last episode in the Timm-verse series.

Um... Batman being able to dodge Kalibak isn't all that impressive or unbelievable. Wonder Woman wasn't trying to evade him. Besides, all these characters were nerfed, remember?

Again, Superman was nerfed, especially the STAS version of Supes (which is when this happened). Supes then immediately speed-blitzed Bats and put him in his place.

In general, Batman was not overpowered in the DCAU. Yes, there were a few brief, anomalous moments (dodging the Omega Beam in the final episode being the biggest "offender" by far), but said moments ultimately amounted to nothing anyway.

So pretty much your entire argument is, "It works cause everyone was nerfed?"

Just so we're clear.

Gracetrack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@omnicrono said:

He didn't make him "tumble," he made him stagger. And Batman had a running start and pole-vaulted, essentially putting everything he had into it (his entire body weight). And again, it happened one time (in the exact same episode as the above feat) against a nerfed Darkseid. This was literally the last episode in the Timm-verse series.

Just so we're clear.

That wasn't the entire argument... but yeah, you run with that.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ScouterV

@scouterv said:

@omnicrono said:

Just so we're clear.

That wasn't the entire argument... but yeah, you run with that.

Just Saiyan.

It was in every point you stated, so...

Errorinscript

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We'll yes if you take all the plot armour and the bullets the cops miss..

Avatar image for masterdetective
MasterDetective

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He wasn't until Justice League

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every Batman is

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No and the comic book version is more powerful.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Every Batman is

And that's what I hate most about Batman. He's supposed to be "human", but does stuff like this. Yes I know it's comics and all but it irks me to know that members of the Justice League, hell people with superpowers are more human than him.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nerevarine_11 said:

Every Batman is

And that's what I hate most about Batman. He's supposed to be "human", but does stuff like this. Yes I know it's comics and all but it irks me to know that members of the Justice League, hell people with superpowers are more human than him.

His power doesn't come from physical strength because we know that Superman, Captain Marvel and many others are stronger.

His power come from is intelligence and knowledge, he can outsmart anyone.

Far from every Batman is overpowered ! He's let people die or get hurt (Robin or Batgirl for exemple), he's got beaten a few times (Bane in Knightfall for exemple), he's needed help from others (in No Man's Land for exemple), he doesn't know everything (Court of the Owls for exemple), ...

Haters are alway gonna hate.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#38  Edited By Eto

@jb681131 said:
@jeremy1989 said:
@nerevarine_11 said:

Every Batman is

His power doesn't come from physical strength because we know that Superman, Captain Marvel and many others are stronger.

Far from every Batman is overpowered ! He's let people die or get hurt (Robin or Batgirl for exemple), he's got beaten a few times (Bane in Knightfall for exemple), he's needed help from others (in No Man's Land for exemple), he doesn't know everything (Court of the Owls for exemple), ...

This

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Brave and the Bold version is more powerful than DCAU Batman.

Huir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No.

TifaLockhart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

He dodged the Omega Beams. Everything else I can buy.

And it was supposed to be a more powerful version of Darkseid. Don't even give me Luthor killing Parademons, parademons are fodder, literally. Their job is to swarm and overwhelm and even in the comics Robin has taken out several at once.

The Omega Beams, smh. And I like Batman.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Jeremy1989

@jb681131 said:
@jeremy1989 said:
@nerevarine_11 said:

Every Batman is

Haters are alway gonna hate.

I don't hate Batman as a character, I hate this ideal that he is this Prep God/BatGod that people praise him to be. That he can beat everybody due to PIS/CIS.

For example...

No Caption Provided

When he defeated Spectre with one kick.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jb681131

@jeremy1989: I agree that some writters tend to make too mush of a "batgod" and that also annoys me.

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131 said:

@jeremy1989: I agree that some writters tend to make too mush of a "batgod" and that also annoys me.

Speaking of which...

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65
deactivated-5bb6a6f86dc65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His power level fluctuated so much it's impossible to say. With the Justice League he's stomping teambusters but in the streets of Gotham he struggles with lone thugs. It happens.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeremy1989: batman didn't defeat spectre with one kick but spectre let him kick because he killed the person that batman was trying to save

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeremy1989: batman didn't defeat spectre with one kick but spectre let him kick because he killed the person that batman was trying to save

Still, it's a ridicules moment. Too ridicules even for metahuman standards. Although ironically, he is now deemed metahuman for some reason. I think his only superpower is nerfing powerful beings.

deathstroke512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jeremy1989: Then I hope he keeps using this nerfing powers as long as he is in jla.Makes comic books interesting because they would suck without plot.