Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DeathpooltheT1000

Overrated: Hush, i liked hush i just dont loved Hush, i dont feel it was that amazing.  
The Dark Knight Returns, please dont hate me, i love the concept and some of the ideas, but i always thinked that people overrated thie one and not for the good things 

Underrated:Ten Nights of the beast, sorry but when KGBeast was such an a amazing character, he was by far better that Bane, saddly, KGBeast is used as a joke style character, even when he was such a badass 
Batman vs. Predator, the first one was amazing, is sad to see people hate it, even when make more sence that Batman in the JLA. 
Batman-Spiderman, i have to be honest, i was amazed when i read the comic book, almost everytime DC/Marvel do an Xover, it sucks i was amazed of how good this one was. 
Batman/The Darkness, oh cmon by far on of the best xovers ever, is one of the best Batman comic books ever. 
Dark Knight , Dark City, hey i am a huge Riddler fan so sue me if you dont like this one, the Riddler have many cool comics, saddly he haves to lvie at the shadow of the Joker, and i love the Joker, but the Riddler needs some love. 
Riddle me That, i say it, the Riddler is a great character, he is so underrated that is not funny.
cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By cattlebattle

The reason I believe TDKR is so popular is due to Frank Miller bringing grit back to the character after television shows and the Silver Age made him...you know

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Baddamdog

Underrated: Dark Victory

Can't think of any overrated :/

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DEGRAAF

I cant realy say if i think they are under rated or over rated but i am sick and tired of them bringing up villains and traps that were set at the beginning of Gotham city and has to do with legacy families that were the founders of Gotham. It supposed to be about this new DCU and the future but all i keep hearing in batman stories is about these villains that have been manipulating Gotham, it's villains, and even Bruce for most of or all of his life. Im tired of it. Just tell us there is a new guy coming to town shaking shit up.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By ReVamp

@aztek_the_lost said:

Overrated: Killing Joke, the book was supposed to be about the art (Bolland's last interior artwork) but someone, probably accidentally, said it was one of the greatest Batman stories they ever read and everyone else seemed to hitch along for the ride without thinking about it, and of course DC capitalized on that because well, it is a business

Underrated: I haven't read enough Batman comics to say as I would like to pick something obscure for this answer

KJ is quite good.

Overrated: Can't think of any

Underrated: Morrison's Batman

CptPanda29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By CptPanda29

Overrated: Technically Justice League but I found it looking for Batman books, Tower of Babel. Did not click with me on any level whatsoever.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ReVamp

@aztek_the_lost said:

@ReVamp said:

@aztek_the_lost said:

Overrated: Killing Joke, the book was supposed to be about the art (Bolland's last interior artwork) but someone, probably accidentally, said it was one of the greatest Batman stories they ever read and everyone else seemed to hitch along for the ride without thinking about it, and of course DC capitalized on that because well, it is a business

Underrated: I haven't read enough Batman comics to say as I would like to pick something obscure for this answer

KJ is quite good.

Overrated: Can't think of any

Underrated: Morrison's Batman

it's good but it's not great, IMO that is the definition of overrated

I think it was great as a story. Not the best, but I don't think its overrated... Well whatever. Matter of opinion, and you can't argue likes and dislikes.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Billy Batson

Underrated: Batman: Anarky
Overrated: Batman R.I.P.
BB

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#11  Edited By TheGoldenOne
Underrated: Dark Victory.
Overrated: Morrison's Batman.
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cattlebattle said:

The reason I believe TDKR is so popular is due to Frank Miller bringing grit back to the character after television shows and the Silver Age made him...you know

Yeah, i like the concept and many of the ideas, but i think there is something missing, something that dont make ti the best Batman ever.

To be honest, i am a bigger Dixon fan that Miller fan.

@aztek_the_lost: @ReVamp: Yeah, overrated, dont mean crap like most of people think, i like Arkham Asylum, but i think is amazingly overrated, i dont liked the Amadeus Arkham thing that much and at the end, the comic is about Batman, so the Amadeus Arkham ruin big part of the plot.

I think Alan Moore is an overrated guy, he does amazing things, but when he does bad things, people still ay they are amazing.

Morrison did an amazing job most of the time, the problem was the time when he get crazy and ruin everything he made, still i like most of his Batman.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ReVamp

@Billy Batson said:

Underrated: Batman: Anarky
BB

Ditto. I found RIP kinda overrated.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#14  Edited By the_tree

Overrated: Batman: Year One, Hush

Underrated: Batman: Snow

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By danhimself

@aztek_the_lost said:

I really think that's the case with a lot of the "best stories ever!"

I've tried reading Watchmen, TDKR, and Batman: Year One a couple of times and I can't get through them

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@danhimself said:

@aztek_the_lost said:

I really think that's the case with a lot of the "best stories ever!"

I've tried reading Watchmen, TDKR, and Batman: Year One a couple of times and I can't get through them

Watchmen Movie: Underrated Watchmen Comic Book : Overrated

Rudyftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Rudyftw

Overrated: Batman: Year One

(YEAH, I SAID IT!...)

Batman R.I.P

(Boring......)

Underrated: All-Star Batman & Robin

(So what if Batman smacked Robin around a little bit.... It was still badass.)

Battle for the Cowl

(With the exception of Jason Todd being a complete douche, this was probably the best written story arc I have read)

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#18  Edited By entropy_aegis

Overrated:

Everything Frank Miller

Everything Jeph Loeb

Underrated

Everything Doug Moench

Everything Chuck Dixon

@DeathpooltheT1000:

Sorry but KG beast was nowhere near Bane as a character,sure he may have started as an impressive rival but nothing more,he had nowhere near the depth that Bane brought to the table.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

Overrated:

Everything Frank Miller

Everything Jeph Loeb

Underrated

Everything Doug Moench

Everything Chuck Dixon

@DeathpooltheT1000:

Sorry but KG beast was nowhere near Bane as a character,sure he may have started as an impressive rival but nothing more,he had nowhere near the depth that Bane brought to the table.

Chuck Dixon is the best Batman writter, saddly, people go with Moore, Morrison , Gaiman, damn i mean Dixon makes the Batman that always makes sense. 
Sorry, but i dont feel Bane was original, i alway feel he is there, because DC dont want to remember great character like Wrath 1 and 2. 
I never liked Bane, i dont belive he is that great or that he could even beat Deathstroke, like many Batman fan belive.
@Rudyftw said:

(YEAH, I SAID IT!...)

Batman R.I.P

(Boring......)

Battle for the Cowl

(With the exception of Jason Todd being a complete douche, this was probably the best written story arc I have read)

Like i aid, Morrison does an amazing job most of the time, but he get crazy and ruins everything, Jason Todd will have a hard time after the Red Hair Psycho. 
I just hope he gets back on track. 
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By entropy_aegis

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Overrated:

Everything Frank Miller

Everything Jeph Loeb

Underrated

Everything Doug Moench

Everything Chuck Dixon

@DeathpooltheT1000:

Chuck Dixon is the best Batman writter, saddly, people go with Moore, Morrison , Gaiman, damn i mean Dixon makes the Batman that always makes sense.
Sorry, but i dont feel Bane was original, i alway feel he is there, because DC dont want to remember great character like Wrath 1 and 2.
I never liked Bane, i dont belive he is that great or that he could even beat Deathstroke, like many Batman fan belive.
@Rudyftw said:

(YEAH, I SAID IT!...)

Batman R.I.P

(Boring......)

Battle for the Cowl

Like i aid, Morrison does an amazing job most of the time, but he get crazy and ruins everything, Jason Todd will have a hard time after the Red Hair Psycho. I just hope he gets back on track.

Who says Bane can beat Deathstroke?and why does it matter anyway when just about now a guy on the battle thread thinks Deathstroke can beat Batman and Black Panther.Wrath was fairly cliched when he arrived(no surprise since he was a Pre-crisis character),Wrath 2 was created about 3 years ago that's about 15 years after Bane.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

R.I.P is overrated? (Facepalm) 

(Leaves thread in disgust)

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

So you think is underrated? 
Why everybody talks about overrated one, but not about underrated ones? 

@entropy_aegis

Still the Antibatman characters are silly, Deathstroke is being called the Antibatman, not because he was created in the Antibatman gimmcik, is how the character evolved, not like Bane that was created under the AntiBatman gimmick, like KGBeast, Prometheus,Wrath1 and 2 and a ton of other antibatmens. 
I dont see the reason why he is so special.
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@DeathpooltheT1000 said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

It, and the entirety of Morrison's run, is the best treatment Bruce Wayne has ever got. It has everything that makes Batman the best fictional character of all time. I just can't believe people are saying it's overrated. That's like calling Blade Runner (Director's or Final Cut) overrated. 
Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I'm assuming that people who say it's overrated didn't bother to read Batman & Son or The Black Glove first. It'd be like watching Return of the Jedi without watching New Hope & Empire Strikes Back.
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By entropy_aegis

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

So you think is underrated?
Why everybody talks about overrated one, but not about underrated ones?

@entropy_aegis

: Still the Antibatman characters are silly, Deathstroke is being called the Antibatman, not because he was created in the Antibatman gimmcik, is how the character evolved, not like Bane that was created under the AntiBatman gimmick, like KGBeast, Prometheus,Wrath1 and 2 and a ton of other antibatmens. I dont see the reason why he is so special.

Bane was created as the anti-Doc Savage,and the difference between him and the others in terms of consistency,storytelling and characterization is blatantly obvious.

Prometheus=Awesome,then a loser,then retcon awesome,then mary sue

Wrath= Cliche

Wrath 2= Awesome and even managed to justify the orignal Wrath,but has only been featured in one story.

Black Mask,Hush etc were plain bad characters right from the get go,there was nothing special about them,and their motivations and personalities were downright idiotic.

Owlman=No content.

So yes Bane is the most successful anti-Batman overall.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
@Jake Fury said:
@FadeToBlackBolt said:

I'm assuming that people who say it's overrated didn't bother to read Batman & Son or The Black Glove first. It'd be like watching Return of the Jedi without watching New Hope & Empire Strikes Back.
True. 
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Yeah ht is the only AntiBatman that people likes, but i thinks is more bacause DC fails with the other AntiBatmens. 
Why everytime i do somethign thins get around Daniel Way or Grant Morrison?
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By entropy_aegis

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@entropy_aegis: Yeah ht is the only AntiBatman that people likes, but i thinks is more bacause DC fails with the other AntiBatmens. Why everytime i do somethign thins get around Daniel Way or Grant Morrison?

I was actually having a conversation with someone on anti-Batmen the other day and he gave what i consider to be the best reason for their failure.

It's something like this,those guys are just evil Batmen,they want to be a better Batman than Batman himself,that's never gonna happen so they are always destined to fail,even as characters.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@entropy_aegis: Yeah ht is the only AntiBatman that people likes, but i thinks is more bacause DC fails with the other AntiBatmens. Why everytime i do somethign thins get around Daniel Way or Grant Morrison?

I was actually having a conversation with someone on anti-Batmen the other day and he gave what i consider to be the best reason for their failure.

It's something like this,those guys are just evil Batmen,they want to be a better Batman than Batman himself,that's never gonna happen so they are always destined to fail,even as characters.

The main problem is that they never get anough time to evolve, Deathstroke came from the antiCap gimmick, and loook, today he is a whole other character.
I dont get why there is charater that never get a chance, even when they can have better future if they evolve from a gimmick into a character.
Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Vortex13

Overrated:

Batman: Year One.

The Killing Joke.

Not saying those weren't good but a lot of people seem to think these are the greatest interpretations and most accurate batman stories ever.

Underrated:

War Games. I know a lot of people will disagree with me on that but I personally loved it and it doesn't get enough credit in my opinion.

Dark Victory. It's a solid book the reason it isn't thought of that highly is people try to compare it with the long Halloween, which of course was it's predecessor, and it is obviously not as good as long halloween but it is still a good story.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By entropy_aegis

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

The main problem is that they never get anough time to evolve, Deathstroke came from the antiCap gimmick, and loook, today he is a whole other character.I dont get why there is charater that never get a chance, even when they can have better future if they evolve from a gimmick into a character.

They did'nt evolve because there is NOTHING to evolve from,they just want to be better Batmen.If you take that away they become somethingelse entirely.

Bane and Deathstroke did'nt suffer from the same limitations and that's why they succeeded,they DON'T want to be better than Batman.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Billy Batson

@Vortex13 said:

Overrated:

The Killing Joke.

Not saying those weren't good but a lot of people seem to think these are the greatest interpretations and most accurate batman stories ever.

They're not really Batman stories. Year One is more about Gordon and The Killing Joke is about the Joker.
BB

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: Deadpool is the example of a character that was another character and evolved from that point.
At this point no one see him as a Deathstroke ripp off.
Vortex13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Vortex13

@Billy Batson said:

@Vortex13 said:

Overrated:

The Killing Joke.

They're not really Batman stories. Year One is more about Gordon and The Killing Joke is about the Joker.
BB

A very good point.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By entropy_aegis

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@entropy_aegis: Deadpool is the example of a character that was another character and evolved from that point.At this point no one see him as a Deathstroke ripp off.

Really? because i've seen a lot of people here calling him a Deathstroke ripoff,i think Catman is a better example.

Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aztek_the_lost said:

101% agree
Avatar image for higher_evolutionary
higher_evolutionary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Overrated:

Everything Frank Miller

Everything Jeph Loeb

Underrated

Everything Doug Moench

Everything Chuck Dixon

@DeathpooltheT1000:

@Rudyftw said:

(YEAH, I SAID IT!...)

Batman R.I.P

(Boring......)

Battle for the Cowl

Like i aid, Morrison does an amazing job most of the time, but he get crazy and ruins everything, Jason Todd will have a hard time after the Red Hair Psycho. I just hope he gets back on track.

Who says Bane can beat Deathstroke?and why does it matter anyway when just about now a guy on the battle thread thinks Deathstroke can beat Batman and Black Panther.Wrath was fairly cliched when he arrived(no surprise since he was a Pre-crisis character),Wrath 2 was created about 3 years ago that's about 15 years after Bane.

yeah why doesnt anyone mention chuck seriously his run was amazing and without hyping it up
any thing frank millar, loeb and alan moore is atumatically considered awesome and over analyzed bringing ideas even the writer might not have thought about it lol

P.S:cant a guy have his opinion, and some other dudes thought so as well anyway thats what the battle forums is all about :P
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By entropy_aegis

@higher_evolutionary said:

@entropy_aegis said:

@DeathpooltheT1000 said:

@entropy_aegis said:

Overrated:

Everything Frank Miller

Everything Jeph Loeb

Underrated

Everything Doug Moench

Everything Chuck Dixon

@DeathpooltheT1000:

@Rudyftw said:

(YEAH, I SAID IT!...)

Batman R.I.P

(Boring......)

Battle for the Cowl

yeah why doesnt anyone mention chuck seriously his run was amazing and without hyping it up any thing frank millar, loeb and alan moore is atumatically considered awesome and over analyzed bringing ideas even the writer might not have thought about it lol P.S:cant a guy have his opinion, and some other dudes thought so as well anyway thats what the battle forums is all about :P

Dixon did make some remarks against homos in comics which i think could have affected the perception of his work negatively.Other than that he never did anything status quo shattering either but i believe he's the best Batman writer ever,he NAILED everything and everyone in the batuniverse perfectly.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: @higher_evolutionary: Dixon is arguably the most underrated Batman writter ever.

Miller and Moore are overrated, they just get this shock factor that help them, but to be honest, without the shock factor i dont think they are that good with Batman, i actually think Morrison did a better job that Miller and Moore.

damswedon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#40  Edited By damswedon

I really like the Anarky stories.

I hear that Fabian Nicieza turned him into ass-hole villain #794.

And they never did answer or retcon if he wasn't the Joker's son.

KenTheProfile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By KenTheProfile
@DeathpooltheT1000

not trying to bash you or anyone else but these kind of things are stupid to me. 
underrated and overrated mean nothing. it would be like saying something is something is over good or under good. it a nonsens  statement. unless it measured against soemthing it can't be better or worse

Thing are good or bad, liked or unliked. too often people call soemthing overrated when they don't have the balls to say they did not like it or just want to be diffrent from everryone else.
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@KenTheProfile: Lies, i liked Arkham Asylum and i think is overrated, i liked TDK and i think is overrated. 
Heck i dont liked King of Figther the movie and i think is underrated. 
Most of people dont know how sto use the term overrated, becuase they dont understand what it means. 
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Billy Batson

@damswedon said:

I really like the Anarky stories.

Same :)
BB

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Phaedrusgr

Underrated: Batman Dark Victory

My opinion...

Doveland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Doveland

Overrated: The Killing Joke 
It portrayed an origin story to the Joker. I don't like that! He's the Joker! He's not supposed to have an origin, he's meant to be the opposite of Batman who will never disappear until Batman disappears.

Underrated: Battle for the Cowl
I loved it. Jason was the perfect jerk and Dick was really easy to become attached to. He really didn't want to put on the cowl, but in the end, he knew he had to.

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#46  Edited By cosmo111687

Overrated:

The Dark Knight Returns. I'm amazed that so many Batman fans think it's okay that Batman uses a giant gun powered by the lamppost under which his parents were murdered to generate enough power to shoot and fatally wound Superman. That just totally contradicts everything about his character.

Underrated:

Batman: Ego and Gotham Central.

@The_Tree: J. H. Williams III doing a Batman book? Involving snow?! (there's no limit to how much I love the combination of Batman and snow.) I NEED to read Batman: Snow now! 0_0

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#47  Edited By the_tree

@cosmo111687: Yeah, it's pretty great, just don't go in expecting those amazing shots he does in Batwoman. The entire book is how he draws Batwoman when Kate's being Kate.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By entropy_aegis

@cosmo111687 said:

Overrated:

The Dark Knight Returns. I'm amazed that so many Batman fans think it's okay that Batman uses a giant gun powered by the lamppost under which his parents were murdered to generate enough power to shoot and fatally wound Superman. That just totally contradicts everything about his character.

Underrated:

Batman: Ego and Gotham Central.

@The_Tree: J. H. Williams III doing a Batman book? Involving snow?! (there's no limit to how much I love the combination of Batman and snow.) I NEED to read Batman: Snow now! 0_0

You wanna read a Mr Freeze book that badly?

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#49  Edited By cosmo111687

@entropy_aegis: Yes! Although I never particularly cared for Batman Returns, that and the Animated Series instilled in me a life-long love of Batman in snowy environments. So discovering that there's a book that has that as it's focus with J. H. William III doing the art makes me very excited. :) Also, I really like Mr. Freeze. You may disagree with me on that, but that's fine. Frankly, it wouldn't be the first time you and I haven't seen eye-to-eye on something.

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Aero_gt

Underated: none 

Overated: none 

It's really more if you like you like it if you didn't then you didn't . Saying something is overated is just a way to say what you really like is better and saying something is underated is just a way for you to get people who seem to not feel the same about your fave thing to aknowledge/read it.