The New 52 Batman timeline makes absolutely no sense

• 121 results
HighlyEvolved

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@twentyfive: This should be DC's official explanation for the whole ordeal.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Aahz

@darthshap said:

And what about Damian? The kid is freakin' TEN!!!

Even in the old timeline it is hard to justify Damien being ten, since Batman and Talia first met when Dick was already in college (=year seven) and Damian first appeared in year 13.

nightwingrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I´m from Spain and i´m a great fan of batman comics and when i read new 52 timeline of six years i got a little bit mad.

I think DC has fear of having and ``old´´ Bruce Wayne.

Instead of six years i think it should be 12 or more years (enough time to become batman, train dick and barbara, train and lose jason, fight and lose against bane, train tim, no man lands, train damian...)

I think people coud complain about this and maybe DC changes this stupid timeline...

Boynerdgeek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

This is comicbookworld , not real world. So please throw away element of "Realism"

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@bat_girl_cc said:

@captainmarvel4ever: Just check this thread...this is one of the main problems of the New 52.

This was before DC released the timeline of Batman's events.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc said:

@captainmarvel4ever: Just check this thread...this is one of the main problems of the New 52.

In 5 years?...Did all of that stuff happened in 5 years? seriously?

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever said:

@bat_girl_cc said:

In 5 years?...Did all of that stuff happened in 5 years? seriously?

Technically 7 years according to the timeline. Also don't act surprised, Batman is one of the busiest heroes in comics, I can honestly say I believe most of the events of his career can be summed up in 7 years. Even if you can't believe that it doesn't make the comics your reading any less enjoyable. Like I said, be positive, it goes a long way.

jonathancoit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000:

Mine is about the same. My own personal timeline includes a few of my favorite pre-new 52 arcs and my favorite of the new stuff too. I drop anything that doesn't make sense. It makes them more fun to read, as I am not struggling with the broken logic of the timeline.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Where do I find this timeline?

And to be honest, to make time line that would make sense they either had to do a real reboot of the Batman franchise (like it was done for most of the other characters) or to stretch the old time line by several years.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: Not really, comics move much slower then they do in the real world, and considering how busy Batman is, I can buy everything that happened in those 7 years. Heck, the events of Throne of Atlantis, Trinity War, and Forever Evil all took place within roughly one month. If you've ever watched or read Bleach, then from the time Ichigo and the others entered Hueco Mundo, to when Ichigo has his final battle with Aizen, takes place over 2 days, even though that took years to get through on our end.

Anyways, here's the timeline

No Caption Provided
MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz said:

@darthshap said:

And what about Damian? The kid is freakin' TEN!!!

Even in the old timeline it is hard to justify Damien being ten, since Batman and Talia first met when Dick was already in college (=year seven) and Damian first appeared in year 13.

How are you mapping the years like that? That seems rather precise when there is little to base it on, aside from assumption?

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By Aahz

@captainmarvel4ever: Is this really the official time line? I thought it was fan made.

@muyjingo: It was based on some Batman timeline, don't ask me which there are several. But since Dick was still in his mid 20s when Damian appeared. They eigther retconned the time of Ras fist appearance or Damian could not be Ten. In the comics Ras first appeared in Batman #232 from 1971, at this time Dick was already in collage (he went there in Batman#217 from 1969).
And in the Elseworld story "Son of the Demon" where Damian is born, appears no Robin so it must be set after Dick left and before Jason became Robin.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@aahz: Either way, it works.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's been Batman for 8 years now.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm a little bit confused about Barbaras timeline, during her tie in in "Death of the Familay" it is said that the Joker shot her 4 years ago at the age of 17. But wouldn't that mean she started as Batgirl around the Time Dick became Robin and was shot before he became Nightwing and therefore before Jason appears?

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Bat_Girl_CC

The New 52 itself wasn't planned, they took on Flaspoint, which was supposed to be a Flash centric story, and used it to be a crisis-like-event...everything about the New 52 was rushed...so the new timeline making no sense, it's only logical and predictable.

AgentofChaos1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman > Presence > DC

Atek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair the The New 52 timeline doesn't make an sense.

Avatar image for christianrapper
christianrapper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it's a comic book. how believable is for a man to be training pre tweens to fight dangerous criminals anyway. just go with it.

boilinghippos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@christianrapper: It's the most believable out of any sidekick situation. Honestly Bruce Wayne taking it Dick Grayson and training him to be Robin makes perfect sense.

Avatar image for deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3
deactivated-57dd84d2af8d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The best way to look at the Batman timeline, in my opinion, is the Grant Morrison approach. Everything happened from 1939 until now.

@christianrapper: Dick Grayson's relationship with Bruce only works if he loses his parents as a child. He's meant to be a parallel for Bruce.

lillion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually Damian Waynes age can be explained. Just read Batman and Son and some other stories that actually explain his origin. He was kinda artificially raised till an age he could start learning stuff. If you change the part of the story back then where they said he was 3 years old when he started training (or 4 years?) into 5 or 6 years old it kinda makes sence, if Bruce met Talia in his first year. I actually made a guide where I explain the entire continuity of Batman of the new 52.