The four Robins

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Eto

Would you read a 'Robin team-up' ongoing?

The team consists of Dick, Jason, Damian and Tim. This is the team and it's solely about them and there's no Batman (maybe a cameo now and then)

So, it's not like Batman&Robin eternal or something like that.

I think if it's written by a good writer who cares for all of the current/former robins *cough not Snyder cough* than it should work.

I'd definitely give it a try!

So what do you think? Would it be awesome?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Enzo991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nah we already have enough Bat books as it is. I like all of the Robins (even Damian who I found a new appreciation for, despite still disliking the circumstances around him, I grew to like the little bastard), but I wouldn't want to read a book with only the four Robins. Tec is already the Batfamily book, and I'm not sure what the Batman book is trying to be, in addition to All-Star, Nightwing, Batgirl, BOP and the upcoming Batwoman. That's more than enough as far as I'm concerned.

What I really want though is for these characters to redistribute across the Bat books. Damian should be in either the Batman book or All-Star (instead of Duke. It's ridicules that the only book with both Batman and Robin is Deathstroke). Tec really needs to lose some characters as it's way beyond congested. Hopefully Batwoman will disappear once her solo launches, and the rest of sidekicks need to be thinned down in number. I think there shouldn't be more than 5 Batfamily members at most in a single book, that more than qualifies as a "Team" for Tec to be called a Team book I think.

I'm liking how the Bats are going back to being prominent in the DC universe again. We have Nightwing leading the Titans, Damian with the Teen Titans, and Batman with both the JL and the upcoming JLA. There are only so many things that can happen in Gotham to warrant having 20 books taking place in there. I'm glad that DC seems to be changing their policy of making sure that Batman and the rest of his cast are limited to Gotham as much as possible. The Batfamily is easily one of the most important groups in the DC Universe and they should feel like the major players that they are.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enzo991 said:

Nah we already have enough Bat books as it is. I like all of the Robins (even Damian who I found a new appreciation for, despite still disliking the circumstances around him, I grew to like the little bastard), but I wouldn't want to read a book with only the four Robins. Tec is already the Batfamily book, and I'm not sure what the Batman book is trying to be, in addition to All-Star, Nightwing, Batgirl, BOP and the upcoming Batwoman. That's more than enough as far as I'm concerned.

What I really want though is for these characters to redistribute across the Bat books. Damian should be in either the Batman book or All-Star (instead of Duke. It's ridicules that the only book with both Batman and Robin is Deathstroke). Tec really needs to lose some characters as it's way beyond congested. Hopefully Batwoman will disappear once her solo launches, and the rest of sidekicks need to be thinned down in number. I think there shouldn't be more than 5 Batfamily members at most in a single book, that more than qualifies as a "Team" for Tec to be called a Team book I think.

I'm liking how the Bats are going back to being prominent in the DC universe again. We have Nightwing leading the Titans, Damian with the Teen Titans, and Batman with both the JL and the upcoming JLA. There are only so many things that can happen in Gotham to warrant having 20 books taking place in there. I'm glad that DC seems to be changing their policy of making sure that Batman and the rest of his cast are limited to Gotham as much as possible. The Batfamily is easily one of the most important groups in the DC Universe and they should feel like the major players that they are.

We do have a lot of Bat books. However, batman main title is not that good tbh.... I'm probably gonna drop it after Bane arc and I'm also gonna drop Tec. I enjoy reading ASBatman, Nightwing and RHATO. I don't read Batgirl and BOP anymore, because it's terrible to me. Batwoman, well I couldn't care less for the character, so I'm definitely not gonna read it.

Like you said, it annoys me that Damian is not in the Batman main title. Yeah, he's with the TT but still. I also want cameos now and then by other robins, but ooh well.
I hope Batman and Tec will do better, since I dont want to drop them, but I will if it continues this way....

Anyways, back to the topic, I still think it could work, but there are indeed too many bat books.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't see the need for such a series. Enzo is right when he says there are enough bat books as it is. Nightwing, of this group, even has his own solo title. Besides that he's also got a team book now as well. A character really doesn't need anymore than that. Jason's got the Outlaws, Damian has the Titans, and Tim had Detective, but is currently missing in action. So each of them have team books where they can appear in and shine, away from Batman.

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A book with Dick and Damian would be fantastic. They'll always be partners as far as I'm concerned.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Without Damian sure.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If they do it right, and not again push one or two of them on cost of the others (line in Robin War and B&RE), I would be interested.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

DC does so many Batbooks because it sels. The probleme is not the number of titles there are. It's the quality of them. If they were all excellent it would be ok, but since they are all so so to bad, why continue with so much that people don't want to read.

DC should focus on making other forgotten heroes great again: Captain Marvel, Booster Gold, Plastic Man, Vixen, Lobo, Black Canary, ...

A title focussing on the Robins is not needed, even if I believe the story could be fun.

Cochise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think it would be great, and would make for a much better Bat family book that Detective is right now, which is an odd mish-mash of characters. I'd include Steph as well since she's an honorary Bat family member.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cochise: Yeah, I thought just mah four boys you know?

Nothing against Steph though

johanshieh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It seems like the direction Nightwing is going right now, team up with Damian, hang around with Jason, there will probably be more in the up coming issues.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Robin team-up will result in angsty fanboys getting pissy that their chosen self-insert character isn't getting enough attention or "feats"

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rurgandy said:

A Robin team-up will result in angsty fanboys getting pissy that their chosen self-insert character isn't getting enough attention or "feats"

Only if they keep writing it like the last attempts.

But they need concept how to balance the characters, if the approach of the writer is basically that one of them is the most awesome character and the others will never be as good as him, it is no surprise that the fans of the other characters are going to hate it ...

Avatar image for deactivated-5caa8c47e8598
deactivated-5caa8c47e8598

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Tim couldn't be on this team yet, could he? Not until Oz lets him out.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By RDClip

@rurgandy: All the Robins bring something different to the table. Damian is the youngest and arrogant one, Tim is the smart one, Jason is the strongest and possibly best fighter, and Dick is the leader (and also fighter).

If written well and playing to the strengths of all the characters, a book like this could work. They just need to make sure that the book isn't just about action and fights because that would sink it. If it were more about the brotherly relationship of the Robins and how they work together, it could be a great story.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rdclip said:

@rurgandy: All the Robins bring something different to the table. Damian is the youngest and arrogant one, Tim is the smart one, Jason is the strongest and possibly best fighter, and Dick is the leader (and also fighter).

That's how subpar writers like Lobdell and Tynion write team books, and unsurprisingly, they turn out to be bad-to-mediocre.

Lhynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rurgandy: Indeed, every one of them has so much more to bring to the table, people do them a diservice by boiling them down like that.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rurgandy: Not saying that's all there is to them. But, that is a simple base to build off of. Of course they are more than just those basic skills as personality is more important in a proper story and team dynamic are more important in a team story.

DrArcania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BibbyBoxx2219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love to see something like this. Is it necessary? Not really. But I'd buy the hell out of it. As long as it's written well. Lots of the team story arcs these days aren't written all that well.

Lhynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Lhynn

@bibbyboxx2219: These are comic books, none of them are necessary. Or what do you mean?

BibbyBoxx2219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BibbyBoxx2219

@Soulaf: Unnecessary in the sense that we already have so many Batman-related series going on right now.

Lhynn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bibbyboxx2219: Thats not true tho, we used to have more batman related series.

There was batman, detective comics, gotham knights, batman and robin, batman inc, batwing, batgirl, catwoman, batwoman, birds of prey, worlds finest, shadow of the bat, batman arkham city, legends of the dark knight, red robin. etc.

Plus Drake has a huge following and is a very good character with tons of potential for new stories that you simply cannot tell with any other character in the entire DC. Tims Red Robin outsold Damians Robin. That is insane, Robin is a very well established brand with tons of people that will buy it because its robin. Red Robin was a new thing with the kid that used to be robin.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe the could also just retool 'TEC with a bigger focus on the core Batfamily.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

@aahz said:

Maybe the could also just retool 'TEC with a bigger focus on the core Batfamily.

That would be terrible! the current Detective Comics team is amazing and the best one, i mean it made me really care about a bat-book since a long time, the eternals were both mostly fun but thats about it, Tec' it's the real deal...besides, as Tim Drake put it, it's: "Batman's private Justice League" (Batman, Batwoman, Cassandra Cain, Clayface, and Batwing) its one hell of a team!...you surely don't want to bring in Batgirl (Babs) Damian, etc, and ruin the whole concept, do you?...besides, Robins and former-Robins are mostly featured in super-powered-team-books to help those books sell better and because they end up leading those teams, because they all have very good leadership skills, and neither of those things are needed in Tec' right now, the title already has Batman to help the book sell as much as it can sell and a very good leader in Batwoman, plus a former-Robin in Tim Drake who is absent at the moment but we all know that he will comeback eventually...also, Steph who is a tech-wizard on this new continuity, and we know that she will be coming back to the book very soon, thanks to the solicitations.

So, no...

Plus, Tynion choose a team with 4 members who had very good dynamics pre-flashpoint (Batman, Cassandra Cain, Tim Drake, and Stephanie Brown) and he's still in the "phase" when he's doing one character-centric arc for each character, once that's done, the real fun will begin with stories focusing equally on all members of the team, meaning that the best is yet to come...sepparating this team right now, and/or putting other bat-fam members on the team could ruin it, and it would be a huge lost-opportunity story-telling-wise....(yet another one, on DC's vast history of lost-opportunities).

Besides, as others have pointed out, all members already have their own books or team books where they appear and shine on a regular basis.

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bat_girl_cc: Batman has allready his privat at the moment Justice League in Justice League of America.

And core Batfamily would imo mean that Batman, Cassandra Cain, Tim Drake, and Stephanie Brown stay around.

I'm anyway curious what will happen with the team dynamic if Tim and Steph rejoin.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump