Joe Manganiello is Deathstroke in solo Batman movie!

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Anjales_II

Joe Manganiello has been cast as Deathstroke in Ben Affleck’s Batman movie!

DC Entertainment president and chief creative officer Geoff Johns confirmed the casting in an interview with The Wall Street Journal.

Ben Affleck’s Batman movie doesn’t have a release date yet, but Affleck is working on the script with Johns.

What do you think of Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke? Sound off in the comments below!

SOURCE:The Wall Street Journal

Only two words came to mind when I read this "F*CK YES!"

The dude is a beast, kinda looks like Slade, can easily pull off the character's badassery and overall physicality, and he matches up well with Ben Affleck's Batman! Can't Wait!

Credit: Art by Bosslogic
Credit: Art by Bosslogic

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Doing a Batman movie with a character who isn't a Batman villain?

Fantastic...

warrior100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

awesome !

stormshadow_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 22

Damn. Was hoping for Collins ferrl so he and affleck could redeem themselves

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By entropy_aegis

HYPE

@scouterv said:

Fantastic...

Arrow has made it's bread and butter doing the same, as I recall you defended it by saying it's all DC lol, besides they may well be launching Slade as a solo character by having him appear in Batman first. Additionally his creator concieved him as an anti-Batman and the most high profile writer to handle him ever since views him that way,

bighero6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Fantastic...

can you tell me why superman fanboys so obsessed with batman anyway? every time first comment got to be some obsessed fanboy..

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: This isn't Arrow though. And the difference is, Batman has a huge set of rogues that Green Arrow doesn't. It'd be like Batman fighting Doomsday when he's got Bane.

Although, I can understand not using Bane or any League members for the moment. But Scarecrow as the main villain would be good. That was my pick. You've got The Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Killer Moth, just to name a few.

And jobbing to Batman seems a poor way to launch a solo character.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ready_4_madness: As someone who would have preferred a character like The Riddler, Mr. Freeze, or Scarecrow, yes, I'm going to be negative.

I guess I'm just the oddball for expecting/hoping for some of my favorite villains to get some love in their own wheelhouse.

DrArcania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I cant understand, just cant...

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ScouterV
entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Those villains have been done,excluding Moth but who cares about him. As for jobbing if by that you mean losing in the climax because he is a villain then yes hes going to job.

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@entropy_aegis: And Bane was done before Nolan and it worked. So was Joker. That's not important.

And yes. Deathstroke, I would hope, would be introduced as more than just "Evil Batman" villain. That hope falters at this news.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#16  Edited By dernman

Joe Manganiello would be great for a superhero character but does he look like Slade or even have his vibe?

Stephen Lang might have been able to pull it off though there might be better ones.

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Epyon007

I actually would have preferred Hush since it could have meant seeing more of Batman's detective skills at work. My only concern is that it turns too much into a fight fest... He is the World's Greatest Detective. Riddler would also work when done correctly. Looks pretty good though and I trust Afleck on Batman.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv: Bane and Dent were butchered, most of the others were accurate. Joker is Joker

apokos7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

The actor looks like he could play the part. I trust both Affleck and Johns so this movie should be amazing.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Please don't mess this up DC

Waynefan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is possibly the best casting DC has ever done

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By wrucebayne

@scouterv said:

Fantastic...

The problem is, Batman doesn't have many villains to choose from. They need to grab villains from Teen Titans. Next up, Trigon.

Couldn't agree more with you've been saying.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

Fantastic...

The problem is, Batman doesn't have many villains to choose from. They need to grab villains from Teen Titans. Next up, Trigon.

Couldn't agree more with you've been saying.

Well rumors by a guy who's been fairly accurate before(though it could just be clever guess work) say that the Cyborg movie has been scrapped and replaced by a Titans film with Deathstroke as the main villain. He further claims that Black Mask will be the main villain of the Batman film and it will feature a bunch of other Arkham inmates under Mask's control, Deathstroke will actually be sent in by Waller to contain the other villains so Bruce has to protect them from Slade.

I can see this happening, it does seem that Deathstroke is there because of a company push though the Batman movie is definitely in danger of being cluttered now. What I'm definitely sure of is that Slade's career in the DCEU wont start and end with Batman, they're using the biggest platform they have to push him in to becoming something big in the wider DCEU. It wont be like Arrow where he just existed to fight Queen and disappeared from the universe after that story was finished.

Usha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Joe Manganiello as Deathstroke, god dayum. I've been wanting him in that role for 2 and a half years. He's physically the most perfect choice.

He just has to deliver his lines with intensity as he already has that deep gravelly voice like Manu and that guy Deathstroke voice from Arkham Origins.

Listen here: https://youtu.be/6PmKVvVsPl0?t=100

BRING IT ON SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAADE!!!!!!!

Loading Video...

GreatSpiderBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

can't wait for this movie to come out

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By TDK_1997

I am even more hyped about this movie. At first I wasn't sure if Manganiello is a good choice but the more I think about it the more I like it. I think he is a wonderful actor who can represent Slade well and he would fit nicely into the DCEU and especially in the solo Batffleck movie.

I am glad that they are using a different type of villain for this movie because the general audience and me too are pretty tired of the same Batman villains again and again.

Avatar image for captain_batman_ftw
captain_batman_FTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayskee said:

Please don't mess this up DC

DrArcania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Knight101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unbelievable...

It SHOULD have been Stephen Lang. He would have been PERFECT for the role. Once again, the perfect choice has been passed over...

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#30  Edited By ULTRAstarkiller

Hopefully he's portrayed as Captain America level and doesn't get one shorted. I want Batman to have to use all his wits and skill to beat Slade, cause in the comics he still hasn't beaten Slade yet.

lordraiden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@scouterv said:

@entropy_aegis: This isn't Arrow though. And the difference is, Batman has a huge set of rogues that Green Arrow doesn't. It'd be like Batman fighting Doomsday when he's got Bane.

Although, I can understand not using Bane or any League members for the moment. But Scarecrow as the main villain would be good. That was my pick. You've got The Riddler, Mr. Freeze, Poison Ivy, Killer Moth, just to name a few.

And jobbing to Batman seems a poor way to launch a solo character.

Hey, it's not like they havn't clashed or don't know each other....

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-5988def3424a7
deactivated-5988def3424a7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Deathstroke VS Batman in live-action!!!

Mr___death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points