I would love a long-running Elseworld's series

kmb501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By kmb501

Wouldn't you? DC has introduced so many interesting story concepts over the years. My favorites are the ones where the heroes and villains switch roles or have to band together against greater threats. I would like to see a long-running Elseworld's series that had characters capable of hopping dimensions and exploring other Elseworld's, each with a better story than the next. Of course, the Batman universe should be the main focus of the stories.

Zearing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

So, a DC version of the Exiles? I'd read that. I kind of hope that the Justice Incarnate team that came out of Multiversity evolves into that.

Vonstantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Vonstantine

Keep it writer owned too. Straight up like a manga

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@kmb501: There is Earth-One if DC deems to continue it.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jb681131: Johns would supposedly return for vol.3 but I think with rebirth/watchmen there simply is no time for that.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Black_Arrow

@eto said:

@jb681131: Johns would supposedly return for vol.3 but I think with rebirth/watchmen there simply is no time for that.

He said on a recent interview that vol.3 was almost finished.

"I said if Gary Frank doesn’t draw this, I’m not doing this book. There is no other artist that can do this on the planet. We have been working together nonstop since, I think, 2005. Everything I have done with Gary, I would hand to somebody and say, “You want to know what I do?” This. Here is Braniac, Legion of Super Heroes, Shazam, here’s Batman: Earth One. Everything we’ve ever done together is super new-reader friendly. You can read them in any order. We meld on a creative level, and you don’t find that often. He was the only one, to me, that can capture something like this. We were working on Batman: Earth One, Vol. 3, which is almost done. And as we were, we were talking, and this came up. He was very on the fence because of the material, but once we talked about the story, we thought it was something – maybe more than anything else we’ve done – we believe in. We have never been more enthusiastic about a project. This is the most powerful creative energy I have felt working in comics. Everything I have ever done in comics has led to Doomsday Clock."

Source: http://www.blastr.com/2017-5-13/dc-comics-geoff-johns-doomsday-clock-interview

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Eto
RabumAlal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Would read it.

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Injustice . . . counts.

kmb501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By kmb501

Those of you who read my other posts probably know that I'm a big fan of Batman's rogues gallery. I would love to see an Elseworld where the hero versions of Batman's villain counterparts work to save the day. It would really showcase what the rogues are capable of. Imagine a Justice League comprised of Riddler, Joker, Harley Quinn, Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Mad Hatter, Clayface, Lex Luthor, etc. It might be a bit like X-Men...

RamessesII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kmb501: If it's a JL comprised of alternate reality villains shouldn't there be a greater balance of villains from the rest of the JL's rogues gallery as opposed to such a heavy emphasis on Batman's rogues. Something like: Lex, Joker, Cheetah, Sinestro, Reverse Flash, Black Manta, etc.

I know a lot about comics but don't read them a lot but have they ever done anything like what you're suggesting on Earth-3? I think it would be pretty cool to have the Crime Syndicate usurped by the good-version of their villains from Earth-3.

Quinlan58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramessesii: The Crisis On Two Earths movie (based on Grant Morrison's Earth 2) had hero versions of Lex Luthor and the Joker fighting the CSA at the start. And the Lex said the CSA had killed every other member of the JL of Earth 2. And Deathstroke was the president.

Johnny Quick also said on Forever Evil that Captain Cold's counterpart on his Earth was a cop (who he killed).

rogueshadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rogueshadow  Moderator

@eto said:

He said on a recent interview that vol.3 was almost finished.

"I said if Gary Frank doesn’t draw this, I’m not doing this book. There is no other artist that can do this on the planet. We have been working together nonstop since, I think, 2005. Everything I have done with Gary, I would hand to somebody and say, “You want to know what I do?” This. Here is Braniac, Legion of Super Heroes, Shazam, here’s Batman: Earth One. Everything we’ve ever done together is super new-reader friendly. You can read them in any order. We meld on a creative level, and you don’t find that often. He was the only one, to me, that can capture something like this. We were working on Batman: Earth One, Vol. 3, which is almost done. And as we were, we were talking, and this came up. He was very on the fence because of the material, but once we talked about the story, we thought it was something – maybe more than anything else we’ve done – we believe in. We have never been more enthusiastic about a project. This is the most powerful creative energy I have felt working in comics. Everything I have ever done in comics has led to Doomsday Clock."

Source: http://www.blastr.com/2017-5-13/dc-comics-geoff-johns-doomsday-clock-interview

Nice, I hadn't seen that.

dragonrampage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Have a next generation of batman vs joker. Say Harley quin and joker have the Kidder and then tim drake, as batman has to fight the Kidder

kmb501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By kmb501

Well, she has a daughter in Injustice, but I would like to see a Joker Junior (one that isn't Tim Drake) that is literally just like his daddy. That would be satisfying... It would be pretty satisfying too, though, if Lucy becomes a villain. I wonder what kind of villain she would be?

kmb501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kmb501

@ramessesii said:

@kmb501: If it's a JL comprised of alternate reality villains shouldn't there be a greater balance of villains from the rest of the JL's rogues gallery as opposed to such a heavy emphasis on Batman's rogues. Something like: Lex, Joker, Cheetah, Sinestro, Reverse Flash, Black Manta, etc.

I know a lot about comics but don't read them a lot but have they ever done anything like what you're suggesting on Earth-3? I think it would be pretty cool to have the Crime Syndicate usurped by the good-version of their villains from Earth-3.

Well, on the Earth 3 version, unless I'm mistaken, the good guy version of Joker battles Owlman with mostly superhero counterparts of the rogues' gallery, Riddler, Three-Face (a female two-face counterpart), and Joker's Daughter (Duala Dent--the daughter of Earth-3 Joker and Three Face). This story ended, though, in a crisis comic where Earth-3 Joker, after meeting regular continuity Jason Todd, gets killed by a monitor while looking for his daughter who was already dead. Too bad they decided to kill off the characters, I kind of wanted an alternate universe Batman series to come of it, with Earth 3 Joker as the main protagonist...lol. As you can see from the scans, he appears to be just as crazy for doing hero work as his counterpart is for doing evil.

As you can see from the scans, he appears to be just as crazy for doing hero work as his counterpart is for doing crime. I wish someone would bring back this Jokester. They brought back regular continuity Jason Todd, and they did include a Duala Dent, but they gave her a completely different origin story.

Did they lose their good Joker writers or something? This Joker seemed like such a good idea. Why did they decide to discontinue the series?

Waxonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theres been a few.

kmb501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theres been a few.

Yeah, but some of them apparently want to change the character quite a bit...

RamessesII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kmb501: @quinlan58: As I said I'm not well versed in the source material but I do try stay mostly in the know about pertinent stuff. First to kmb501, I did watch Co2E but I don't remember much of the first half, I only remember parts of the latter half where the JLA fight the CSA especially BM vs SW and BM vs OM. The finality by which they end the earth-3 heroes is quite interesting. There was also a cool episode of Batman: The Brave and The Bold that featured hero versions of the villains with Joker as the Red Hood. Second to kmb501 thanks for the link.

kmb501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kmb501

I would love to read an Elseworld series where Jokester is back and funnier than ever. It would be great if they gave Duela back her awesome origin story, too. Sure, she's a supervillain, but she was also one interesting character when her origin was Earth-3 and she really was Joker's daughter.

I would also like it if they wrote an Elseworld where Joker and Harley's relationship actually works and they care about each other like the perfect partners in crime they could be. They could call it Joker and Harley Kill the DC Universe, to spoof Deadpool, and it could follow their hilarious adventures as they conquer their world with crime and comedy...and then settle down and have a family.

lolbatmanisgei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

There was the New52 Earth-2 universe of stories. Also Frank Miller's Batman is its own verse.