I sometimes feel as if DC dislikes Batman

Avatar image for jacksplendorman
JackSplendorman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I may be having tunnel vision. I admit, that I can get focused on so much of the "bad" that it's hard for me to see the "good". Now I do want to point out that I mean Batman the character. I'm sure DC loves Batman the franchise, because of all the money it makes. It's just the character himself, it's starting to feel as if every, "big" storyline he has, is the writers inventing new ways, to screw him as much as possible. Whether it's all the stuff people complain about Geoff John's for, having his back broken, sidekicks getting crippled/murdered/turned evil, family name being tarnished, etc. I know it's not canon, but the game Arkham Knight ,while everyone else was complaining about the frame rate, I felt like I was the only one ticked off, because it's a game where Batman loses, and at the end it was basically either; "Surrender to Scarecrow, or turn into The Joker" I just get the idea that DC loves kicking Batman, and I mean Bruce Wayne, around. As I said though, maybe I'm just having tunnel vision. Does anyone know what I mean?

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 4

I'm not seeing. DC loves Batman. He gets more constant exposure than any other character in the DCU.

I think that's just there way of challenging Batman. People like dark and edgy stories I guess.

At least DC doesn't treat him like Spider-Man.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not seeing. DC loves Batman. He gets more constant exposure than any other character in the DCU.

lxlGiftedlxl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By lxlGiftedlxl

@theexile285 said:

I think that's just there way of challenging Batman. People like dark and edgy stories I guess.

Arkham01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

At least DC doesn't treat him like Spider-Man

What does it mean? sorry ...I'm not a spider-man fan

The_Arsenal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman has the best rogue gallery of villains of any superhero by far. It's never even been close. There's so many ways to torture him with so many ingenious ways with his unique villains but he can't do serious damage because, well, most people don't see him as a murderer. Some people would argue that the villains are more interesting than Batman himself. Batman gets kicked around because the villains are so great. I'd argue that a writer of any game/comic/movie is doing his job when he has Batman seriously challenged.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@arkham01 said:

Spider-Man's world seems to enjoy taking a hefty s**t on him. Any time it looks like things are looking up for him, fate is waiting around the corner to kick him in the nuts.

Arkham01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arkham01 said:

Spider-Man's world seems to enjoy taking a hefty s**t on him. Any time it looks like things are looking up for him, fate is waiting around the corner to kick him in the nuts.

wow man, It seems they enjoy your suffering.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@arkham01: It started at his origin. He wins science awards in high school, but gets treated like crap, he gets amazing super powers and he ends up getting screwed out of money, then his uncle gets killed. He finds the love of his life, Green Goblin kills her Dad and throws her off a bridge, he manages to catch said love interest and accidentally kills her.

And the list just goes on and on.

Zer0-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

laflux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Considering he's DC's biggest earner I don't see why they would.

Jeoff writes Batman stupidly but he's not exceptionally kind to other characters. Its only more apparent with batman as his resourcefulness and intelligence is one of his defining traits

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#13  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

If you don't challenge a character and it's ideas you don't have a character.

Avatar image for suemorphplus209
suemorphplus209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@jacksplendorman: Maybe you should read Silver Age Batman, from the 1950s and 1960s, much more lighthearted. Batman's making bucks for DC, but if the whole constant tragedy is a turnoff, you can always try earlier versions of the character which are not so gritty.

HighAccuser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL. Are you kidding. DC loves and they NEED Batman as well. He's literally their most bankable character. Their flagship mascot, they put the best writers, best artists, and everything dedicated to Batman. He's constantly groomed for success and even when he falters DC picks him up and makes him accessible again.

arkhamace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I must say i learned over the years that not everything where batman says is batman quality level and that dc often puts his name to promote other characters. for example the animated movies there are batman bad blood, batman and son, batman assault on arkham, new 52 batman and robin comic, new 52 batman and robin eternal, new 52 batman incorporated, new 52 batman the dark knight, batman in justice league. The only true batman comics for me are batman and detective comics and some what if stories like batman the dark knight returns. The animated series is so old in comparison of the new comics that its sad that the comics doesn't went in that direction. To honestly say its worth mentioning that batgirl, damian, nightwing all of the bat family are quality wise for me in the lowest ranks and that only batman could hold his level. The lowest batman comic is better than any other comic of dc in my opinion.

Heatblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

http://www.jimchines.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/HaHaHa.jpgIf there was ever an appropriate time for a meme like this, it's this one.

Avatar image for darknightspideyfanboy
darknightspideyfanboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Troll thread

Impervious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

OrangeBat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This thread really should be renamed to the "some people can't be bothered to read" thread.

He's not asking you about Batman the franchise, fellas. He's asking you about Batman the character, and whether DC is addicted to making Bruce's life hell.

Now, admittedly, the title was poorly chosen, but that's why you should read the post itself.

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmfao. Batman literally keeps DC afloat.

Bat_Girl_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

This thread really should be renamed to the "some people can't be bothered to read" thread.

He's not asking you about Batman the franchise, fellas. He's asking you about Batman the character, and whether DC is addicted to making Bruce's life hell.

Now, admittedly, the title was poorly chosen, but that's why you should read the post itself.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By BappyRonChantin

Whereas I feel as if the entire DC creative board are Batman fanboys

Edit: Screwing the character doesn't mean the writers hate Batman, they are just trying to make the character interesting to the readers and followers

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Edit: Screwing the character doesn't mean the writers hate Batman, they are just trying to make the character interesting to the readers and followers

Johns would beg to differ.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By BappyRonChantin
Avatar image for avatar_of_green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll take him then

Red King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Red King

He has so many PIS moments because the writers show him to much love.

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for lone_wolf_and_cub
Lone_Wolf_and_Cub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for staticdwanyemcduffie
StaticDwanyeMcduffie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheExile285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

Tbh, I really agree. Sometime it feels like Bat wanking never ends.

Fifthchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No. Just no.

There are plenty of characters that DC don't really care about - talk to their fans and you might get some appreciation of the fact that Batman is the companies flagship character, and favourite bar none.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DarthAznable

He's their best selling property. They just try and take chances with him from time to time.

wingman542

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No-way. DC makes billions off Batman.

UltimatePower6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

I'd say it's more like the fans enjoy Bruce/Batman getting the bleep out of him, because all businesses change to what the fans want, and since the turn of the century (at least) fans have liked a dark batman, and in that darkness comes pain and suffering, so over the years they've been upping themselves to put Batman through the wringer because A.) fans enjoy it and B.) it's a storytelling method. The more Batman has to overcome the more we'll feel for him and thus cheer him on. Simple as that.