How would you write Harley Quinn?

kmb501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

How would you write Harley Quinn? She kind of reminds me of a Silver Age Joker with more comical antics than deadly pranks. Harley seems to like getting physical when fighting, opting for hammers and one-liners as opposed to more subtle methods, like poison.

Sirens_4_life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Sirens_4_life

I would write her as a deadly metahuman. She would be neutral. She would fight amd commit crime when she chooses to. She would be independent (no reliance or Joker or Ivy).

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would write her as a deadly metahuman. She would be neutral. She would fight amd commit crime when she chooses to. She would be independent (no reliance or Joker or Ivy).

Her being reliant on Joker is like a key part of her character though. Despite his abuse towards her, he is the only reason she is how she is in the first place.

just_sayin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Harley should continue being portrayed as someone who is mentally unstable and does the unexpected. She has had a relationship with Joker and has been the mentally abused but faithful significant other. I think her getting over that would be a driving force in her stories. I also see lots of instances of excessive crazy violence and lots of questionable choices.

Harley switches between sweet and serial killer. This neurotic trait should be part of any series. She is also one of the most popular DC characters so I think going back between criminal and unexpected hero is the way to go.

Sirens_4_life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayc1324: But she hasn't relied on him since the New 52. She is currently with Rick Flag anyways. And in New 52 she turned The Joker down when he wanted her to come back to him.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd writer her as a tragic character who is in love with a man who broke her mentally and emotionally. When she was still Hareen Quinzel, she dreamed of adventure and romance, but saw her life as boring and humdrum. When she met the Joker, he said all the right things to get make her fall for him. After she breaks him out, he shows her a world of deprivation and cruelty and her mind breaks.

She would try to act giddy and joke all the time, but that covers up serious torment inside of her and it would break through once in a while. She might act dumb, but she would be an expert in human behaviour and know what buttons to push to manipulate people. When she finally does break away from Joker, he obviously still has a hold over her. She finds in incredibly difficult to stand up against him and, against her better judgement, she goes back to him several time all to be abused the same.

Yeah, I guess I would go super dark with her. That's because I always found her to be a tragic character that can never get Joker out of her mind.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Dead

Yassassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Yassassin

I'd write a Guy Gardner book instead.

blackknighting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like her book, so nothing to change.

Arkham01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Arkham01

I'd write her in a serious story, in batman, Rebirth is an opportunity to tell her story again.

Since they told it so many times during New52 and in a superficial way you can confuse them or forget them, I could begin from a point where she is still a doctor, she knows Joker already but she isn't a loyal minion, she would be a case for detective batman, Harley is in essence a batman story. About her subsequent "trasformation" I don't know what magic method I'd use but I don't like the vat of chemicals for her or Joker being honest.

After years and years of the poor abused girl who became strong and independent I don't want to hear that never again. Her story could be a bit tragic without that element. It's boring, they have used this so much that It's waste of paper and ink to write that.

Personality: Lately she's like drunken all the time, old Harley was happy or sad sometimes, she had human emotions. A frequent problem is that writers don't understand what "crazy" means, it was about her reasoning and illogical actions

Other than Joker she shouldn't have a love interest. Her business with Joker was particular and curious but this loses when she's in several relationships across books. For a moment last month she could have been in a triangle with Ivy and Red Tool (her solo), sleeping with Rick Flagg (suicide squad) and Joker (Backup stories). From the point of view of marketing she could have other relationship in non canon books but never in canon and for God's sake one or two instead of 6.

Suicide Squad: Harley shouldn't be in this book, for a while it could be ok, they need to take advantage of the film but in behalf of the character she has to disappear off that book. She's useless there anyway.

Harley Quinn: They need other creative team. I don't like Conner's style and if Palmiotti gets a laugh from you it was a coincidence. If Palmiotti can't be funny at least he should try a plot but he didn't do neither. Comedy is hard, there're people simply aren't good at it. IMO Harley needs to be a part of Gotham, that's how she works even in a humorous book

Hungry_Sharky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hungry_Sharky

Turn her back into Joker's loyal, unitard-wearing goon.

Fully independent Quinnpool just really doesn't interest me.

Avatar image for superbatty90909
Superbatty90909

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Superbatty90909

@kmb501: I would write her like she was in the Animated Series. Just a little bit more mature. She might have been an abused women under the Joker. But she was also more human. She was usually acting like the Jokers conscious. Stopping him from doing horrible things. Now she just as psychopathic as he is and a Deadpool wannabe to boot. And don't get me started about the Harley/Poison Ivy Relationship. Every time i see a lesbian in Comics. I think its more about giving 15 year old boys something to wack off to. Then any LGBT Empowerment. Every wonder why Apollo and Midnighter are the only two Gay Dudes in the Whole DC Universe.