• 106 results
#101 Posted by Amu0003 (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman is the Greatest detective because Sherlock Holmes is long dead.

#102 Posted by Yarva (2937 posts) - - Show Bio

He's not. Detective Chimp is.

#103 Posted by lillion1 (149 posts) - - Show Bio

I find that his detective skills are shown best in Riddler stories. As in Zero Year, where he deducted Riddlers location for instance. Then there are the Two Face stories, where he deducts future crimes by analyzing behavioral patterns.vIn some Joker stories as well btw, for instance The Man who Laughs. He is the best, because he can deduct crimes of these psychopaths, while others can not.

#104 Posted by GhostRider88 (603 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Read Batman 399. He shows off his detective skills there.

#105 Posted by Rainshadow777 (521 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish there was more detective work and slow burn whodunnit style narratives in Batman books. I’ve always found this a frustration. It’s why stories like The Long Halloween are so special. It might not be perfect but at least it’s a detective story. It’s great.

If people didn’t go on about the detective element I wouldn’t have even realised he was supposed to be one in the last seven years or so.

#106 Posted by Nkishi (7 posts) - - Show Bio

that's the problems with some superheroes. They are usually "perfect" in regards to mental ability and physical ability. The only way to create challenge is to dumb the character down or give them a problem out of their depth (like static shock taking on an alien overlord or some shit)