Events between Knightfall and Contagion?

Alex79uk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey all - I've just finished re-reading the Knightfall saga, having previously enjoyed it 20+ years ago, and following a bit of a chronological reading list I've created for myself, just started Contagion (which is absolutely brilliant!)

I've got the old trades of Contagion and Legacy, and plan to follow on to Cataclysm and No Man's Land afterwards. Everything I've read online suggests Contagion is the next big Batman story after Knightfall, but I can't help feeling I've missed a bit in between.

Bruce is fully back as Batman, whereas at the end of Knightfall he'd only just put the suit back on, Gordon was still unsure who Batman was (because he'd been dealing with three of them) and a few other looses ends needed tying up. In Contagion Bats and Gordon are best pals again, Jean Paul seems to be an ally of the Bat and it just feels like there is some story content between Knightfall and Contagion I should have read.

Any ideas? I've looked up the individual issues and read brief outlines of them but they don't seem to cover what I'm looking for. Are there any trades that cover this interim period, or something I should be looking out for?

Thanks in advance :)

Aahz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The Azrael part is iirc covered in Azrael's solo series.

I'm not sure about Gordon, that happened probably as side plot in the regular comics. But honestly I cant really remember what happened between these two events, since that were mostly relatively small stories.

jb681131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By jb681131

@Alex79uk said:

Hey all - I've just finished re-reading the Knightfall saga, having previously enjoyed it 20+ years ago, and following a bit of a chronological reading list I've created for myself, just started Contagion (which is absolutely brilliant!)

I've got the old trades of Contagion and Legacy, and plan to follow on to Cataclysm and No Man's Land afterwards. Everything I've read online suggests Contagion is the next big Batman story after Knightfall, but I can't help feeling I've missed a bit in between.

Bruce is fully back as Batman, whereas at the end of Knightfall he'd only just put the suit back on, Gordon was still unsure who Batman was (because he'd been dealing with three of them) and a few other looses ends needed tying up. In Contagion Bats and Gordon are best pals again, Jean Paul seems to be an ally of the Bat and it just feels like there is some story content between Knightfall and Contagion I should have read.

Any ideas? I've looked up the individual issues and read brief outlines of them but they don't seem to cover what I'm looking for. Are there any trades that cover this interim period, or something I should be looking out for?

Thanks in advance :)

Indeed, As a sequel to Knightfall you have Prodigual and Troika.

You also have the start of Nightwing's own title and Azrael own series.

And you also have the DC Event Zero Hour: Crisis in Time.