Change to Tim and Damians Backstory

MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MaxSchreck

Looks like Damian is stronger than Tim now. According to Deathstroke vs Batman the boy impaled Timothy on a stalactite accidentally while they were fighting, thinking that he had better combat skills. This fits with his portrayl in Secret Origins Issue four where he was shown to be quite an effective crime fighter even without Dicks guidance.

I find this quite interesting. It should change the debate whenever Damian is brought up in battle threads. Also, it should annoy Damian haters. Which is good in my book.

No Caption Provided

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Looks like Damian is stronger than Tim now. According to Deathstroke vs Batman the boy impaled Timothy on a stalactite accidentally while they were fighting, thinking that he had better combat skills. This fits with his portrayl in Secret Origins Issue four where he was shown to be quite an effective crime fighter even without Dicks guidance.

I find this quite interesting. It should change the debate whenever Damian is brought up in battle threads. Also, it should annoy Damian haters. Which is good in my book.

No Caption Provided

Damian has been a better fighter than Tim since the New-52 started, this is not news.

MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@maxschreck said:

No Caption Provided

Damian has been a better fighter than Tim since the New-52 started, this is not news.

What established Damian as a better fighter?? I think I´ve read everything with him.

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LeonardoTMNT said:
@maxschreck said:

No Caption Provided

What established Damian as a better fighter?? I think I´ve read everything with him.

For the very fact Tim was consistently shown as the weakest fighters out of the Robin's since the New-52 started. Heck, Tim himself flat out said he was the least skilled as a fighter out of the Robins. Can't get any more confirmation than that.

Pre-52 Tim was a different story, but current Tim, yep definitely bottom of the barrel.

MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LeonardoTMNT: Lol

Can you show me a scan of him saying that or a display of it? I know someone who is convinced Rebirth Tim is a Mary Sue. Maybe that will change his mind (alltough I doubt it).

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LeonardoTMNT

@maxschreck said:

@LeonardoTMNT: Lol

Can you show me a scan of him saying that or a display of it? I know someone who is convinced Rebirth Tim is a Mary Sue. Maybe that will change his mind (alltough I doubt it).

People love throwing out Mary Sue, rebirth Tim nor anyone in the Bat Fam is a Mary Sue(I've heard the same claim about Damian and Batman as well). For all their strengths each of them has notable flaws.

As for the scan, I'll fetch it for you and post it soon.

MaxSchreck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@LeonardoTMNT: Yeah, I kinda hate the term Mary Sue for how it is casually thrown around.

Thanks.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

@maxschreck: It wont change my mind. A mary sue is a a character so horribly idealized by the writer that he/she ends up being devoid of any character or engaging storyline. Thats exactly what Tim has been for a long time.

Tim Drake's fighting skill is only downplayed so that his writers can massively over play his intellect. Then they try to make it look like fighting skills are such an inferior set of powers next to the formidable intellect anyway. It doesn't stop there either, they use intellect to convey that Tim is Batman's real heir or equal cause being the Batman is more about mind than body. Truth is that all the Robins have the same basic powers, just different notable personalities. Tim Drake doesn't have the character so they overcompensate with him in terms of power which manifests in the form of intellect. The end is result is a character lacking in depth but powerful and idealized ergo Gary Stu.

LeonardoTMNT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By LeonardoTMNT

@entropy_aegis said:

@maxschreck: It wont change my mind. A mary sue is a a character so horribly idealized by the writer that he/she ends up being devoid of any character or engaging storyline. Thats exactly what Tim has been for a long time.

Tim Drake's fighting skill is only downplayed so that his writers can massively over play his intellect. Then they try to make it look like fighting skills are such an inferior set of powers next to the formidable intellect anyway. It doesn't stop there either, they use intellect to convey that Tim is Batman's real heir or equal cause being the Batman is more about mind than body. Truth is that all the Robins have the same basic powers, just different notable personalities. Tim Drake doesn't have the character so they overcompensate with him in terms of power which manifests in the form of intellect. The end is result is a character lacking in depth but powerful and idealized ergo Gary Stu.

That is not a thing, nor has it been hinted at. Dick and Damian are one and two in line and have been since the New 52 started.

Do you even know what a mary sue character is? Because what you've written out certainly isn't one. A Mary/Gary type characters is someone who is perfect at literally, or most everything, and has little to no flaws. Backing this up would be other characters around them always giving them praise, and not calling them out on things when they make a mistake or act on a bad decision. Tim is far from that.

He's definitely suffered from some bad writing as of late, but that's it. There is no one in the Bat Fam who fits the Mary sue/Gary description, even if some have a few traits of one. Which would include of the Batman characters if we're being honest.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0937ce9ad57
deactivated-5c0937ce9ad57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Interesting.

Stahlflamme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Uhm, does Damien saying he is better than someone really proof anything given his personality? This might just be the revisioned version of this:

No Caption Provided

You know with Tim getting injured due to being impaled on a stalactite rather than crashing through a glass case.

Xmthiyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terrible.