#1 Posted by Zer0-X (661 posts) - - Show Bio

Saw there was one on Superman forums and thought "why not"? Sound off and share why you like the couple, and why you think it could work either short-term or long-term, whichever you think. I'll go first:

I personally think they have some resonance as a sort of opposites attract scenario. On the outward, they are nothing alike. Batman is dark, obsessive, and fights nutjobs whose entire purpose seems to be destroying a city that already seems to be hell on Earth. Wonder Woman is a warrior princess from an island with no men, raised with the values of believing the good in people and prefers to fight in the open than sneak around vents and sewers. Now, let's look inward. They're both warriors of different origins, both protectors of their respective domains. Batman respects Wonder Woman's mission for peace, accepting her as a beacon of light while Wonder Woman respects Batman's fighting skills and admires his tenacity for going against gods with a pair of batarangs. This contrast is what sparks deep stuff and could honestly create some interesting stories. Just my two cents. Let me know what you guys think.

#2 Posted by jayc1324 (26421 posts) - - Show Bio

They are appealing as a couple to me because of their relationship in the JL animated show. I don't think batman can last long term with anyone, but if there was anyone he could last with it would be wonder woman.

Think about the main reasons batman breaks up with the women he has dated. Either they turn out to be villains, they get hurt, he can't spend time with them because he's batman, or he doesn't trust them. None of that is an issue with Wonder Woman.

#3 Posted by Zer0-X (661 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayc1324: True. They are also both leaders of the Justice League and therefore are around each other a lot.

#4 Posted by Enzo991 (462 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my favorite pairings in DC. I find them cute together, probably because of the Justice League show as you mentioned. They're so different, and yet there is a charm to there interactions and flirting. On the other hand, I find the Supes/WW pairing to be the most boring pairing imaginable.

I adore the Bats/WW relationship, and I really hope it gets explored more in the future. It's getting teased in Batman V Superman, which is a good start, and Superman just broke up with WW, so the stage is set. Hopefully DC will have the balls to go forward with it.

#5 Posted by Zer0-X (661 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzo991: Supes broke up with Wondy? When?

#6 Posted by kiba (3650 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by Enzo991 (462 posts) - - Show Bio

@zer0-x said:

@enzo991: Supes broke up with Wondy? When?

@kiba said:

@enzo991: they did?!

Well I think they did........didn't they ? I haven't been keeping up with DC this year, but I think I read that they broke up in Superman/Wonder Woman #1.

No Caption Provided

Admittedly I didn't read what came after it, so I'm not sure if the break up actually happened. Anyway, I remember reading that Geoff Johns said the SM/WW relationship will end badly, so I think it's just a matter of time.

#8 Posted by Zer0-X (661 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzo991: Ah, they didn't break up after that though. Sadly.

#9 Posted by Enzo991 (462 posts) - - Show Bio

@zer0-x: Well too bad, sorry for misleading you. However, at the rate the SM/WW relationship is failing, I doubt it's gonna survive til the end of this year,

#10 Posted by entropy_aegis (20770 posts) - - Show Bio

No,no and no. I know it's an appreciation thread but this relationship should never EVER happen period.

#11 Posted by EcstaticGrace (7063 posts) - - Show Bio

Could care less on what people ship but why not put threads like this in a mutual area.

#12 Edited by Zer0-X (661 posts) - - Show Bio

@entropy_aegis: Then why comment? I mean seriously. If you know what it is, why comment here instead of a forum where there are people who agree with you?

#13 Posted by Zer0-X (661 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzo991: No big deal. I'm sure they'll break up soon but I would be unhappy if they immediately paired Bats and Wondy up as it would make him seem like a rebound guy. After a bit of time though, I'd be happy to see it.

#14 Edited by Enzo991 (462 posts) - - Show Bio

@zer0-x: The funny thing is that I have a feeling that I'd hate the actual relationship if it ever happened, most likely because DC will just mishandle it like they did with the SM/WW relationship. One of the major reasons that I loved the BM/WW pairing, is because how subtle it was for many years. It didn't seem like an immature crush like the current SM/WW relationship looks, but as genuine love born from the mutual respect and admiration that Bruce and Diana carry for each others. And then that Blackest Night moment happened and pretty much sealed the deal for me.

So while the continues teasing of the relationship is painful to watch for us fans of the pairing, I still think it's a big part of the charm that people find in the potential relationship between Batman and Wonder Woman. Still I'd like to see it become official, if only because I'm curious to see how it would be handled.

#15 Posted by Zer0-X (661 posts) - - Show Bio

@enzo991: That's very true. It ain't the show but the teaser that gets ya.

#16 Posted by SolidWall211 (303 posts) - - Show Bio

I always loved how Batman and Wonderwoman had a platonic relationship in the pre 52. So mutual and tensed.

#18 Posted by Zer0-X (661 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

#19 Posted by kiba (3650 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked it in the JL cartoon as a flirtation but that's it. I don't want them dating each other the way she is with superman. What I like most about the JLA is the fact that each member is a solo hero with their own supporting cast. Even though they're all in the same universe they should remain separate outside the JLA title, meaning no one dates one another. That way when you do see them all working together in JLA it's a special thing. Sups should date someone who's only in his comic, such as Lois and the same with Diana and some one from her own book, whether that's Steve or someone else and of course the same goes for Bats and whoever. Flirtation is okay but not dinner dates and waking up next to one another.

#20 Posted by PapiNacho (3396 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#21 Posted by Zer0-X (661 posts) - - Show Bio