Batman overrated?

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

He's severely overrated, and Frank Miller's allegations that he can beat anyone with some planning is just plain stupid.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Valkaad

There seems to be a lot of people who think Batman is unbeatable. I have heard people say that he could even beat someone as powerful as Darkseid. I like Batman, I think he is really an awesome character and has one of the most tactically brillaint minds in all of comics. HOWEVER...he is only a MAN! No superstrength, no superspeed, he doesn't even possess superhuman intelligence! If Batman got into a battle with any superhuman above a D rate villain he would be mopped up quickly and efficiently! The only reason you will never see it is because he sells too many comics!!

The Voidwalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The Voidwalker

Aging > Batman. He has to die eventually.

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I agree that he's overrated, but that doesn't mean he isn't one of the most awesome humans in comics.

Avatar image for fourpower__r_i_p_
Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Fourpower (R.I.P)

Valkaad says:

" I have heard people say that he could even beat someone as powerful as Darkseid."

If you're referring to me, I was joking. Check the more fights thread. And I don't think he's that overrated. He could take a lot more people than you'd think.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Valkaad

Yeah, how would he beat someone like Hyperion who flew Wonderman into space and drove him through a planet

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Fourpower (R.I.P)

Hyperion would break him in half in less than a second. I didn't say he could beat EVERYBODY.

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Fourpower (R.I.P)

And, once again, Buckshot is right.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Valkaad

Fourpower,

one of my best friends totally agrees with you. He thinks Batman could beat anyone... I just don't see it. It does give us something to discuss though!!

The Voidwalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The Voidwalker

He may be overrated, but I still have to acknowledge the sheer amount of people he overcomes that should be way out of his league power-wise

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Valkaad

Buckshot says:

"I agree that he's overrated, but that doesn't mean he isn't one of the most awesome humans in comics. "

I agree he is in the top two of all humans in all of comics!!! I personally can't put him ahead of Captain America (because I am a Cap fan)

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FOR GOD"S SAKE, VALKAAD, I DON'T THINK BATMAN CAN BEAT ANYONE! I just mean that with time to plan, he can take a lot more people than you'd think.

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Valkaad

i wasn't trying to attack you!! I should have worded that differently. My friend does think he can take anyone!!!

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ask him what Batman would do with Living Tribunal......heh heh. But I think Batman could take Superman. Now before you yell at me, remember that we're trying to be civilized. So I think with time to plan, he could beat Superman. (Braces self for onslaught of screams)

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Valkaad

ahhhhhhh. He tried his best to kill superman and couldn't even after superman had been weakened with a Nuclear Missle!!

If Superman weren't so nice he would just fly batman to the sun and drop him off for a lonnnnng vacation!

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, thanks for not yelling. But if Batman carried kryptonite or blocked out the Sun, Supes is gone.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Have you read Hush? You should do that. I think this has been brought up on the boards like 3 times. Batman cannot take Superman.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

You should read Hush too.

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No actually, I haven't read Hush. Is it good? And okay, Supes would win. But Batman could take Living Tribunal, Death, Eternity, Spectre, Galactus, Darkseid, and Silver Surfer, all at once!

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

Post Edited:2007-01-30 19:58:09

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well, if Batman himself said that, it'd be hard to disagree.

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

That's funny, because your icon is from a Hush cover.

In Hush, Supes and Bats fight, and even though Superman is holding back, Batman barely leaves with his two front teeth.

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's not really a good synopsis of Hush. That's like saying Dark Knight Returns is about Batman coming out of retirement and fighting a gang.

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

Saddam Hussein also thought he won the first Gulf War simply because he made it out alive.

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chediablo is right. I'm talking shoot to kill, though, not sure about you guys.

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Besides, you're comparing a cartoon character to Saddam Hussein. Lord.

Chediablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Chediablo

Then again, in Hush he got away with what he wanted in the fight (not being killed) thanks to his planning...

It depends on your definition of "beat".

In a fight? It's just plain IMPOSSIBLE. However, Batman can, and most likely will, get away with what he wanted in the first place when the fight started. That's a victory right there, on another level, sure, but still a victory.

There are reasons behind the punching and the kicking.

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, well, since Donald Duck and George W. Bush each have white on them, they're the same.

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By ScoodleDaddle

It doesn't matter who the comparison involves, it's still logical.

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, okay.

Avatar image for captain_cascader
Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#36  Edited By Captain Cascader

Batman is by far #1 of anyone of all universes. #2 is Thanos, and he's simply in there for his powers.

The allure to Batman is not so much his powers, his intellect or anything else. It's mostly that he's so damned stubborn. He will not quit, ever. It's mostly the simplicity of his character that makes him so powerful. If Batman thinks what you are doing is wrong, it doesn't matter if you have a lifetime of good deeds behind you, batman will be there. Spider-Man, Superman... they've all found wives or long time lovers. Batman has only one love (and it's not Robin, G-Man!) and its personal justice.

In the world of superheros where no one ever dies, it's the guy who would actually die for it all that is the most powerful. Batman is the only guy out there that would never relent.

Yes, this is a Frank Miller belief, but really... who else out there has written about this kind of stuff better then Miller? Honestly in Miller's world the only time batman dies is when Bruce Wayne get's punked by Elektra (The Elektra:Assassin version) at a social benifit.

Post Edited:2007-01-31 02:43:55

Ebony Bishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Ebony Bishop

Chediablo says:

"Then again, in Hush he got away with what he wanted in the fight (not being killed) thanks to his planning...It depends on your definition of "beat".In a fight? It's just plain IMPOSSIBLE. However, Batman can, and most likely will, get away with what he wanted in the first place when the fight started. That's a victory right there, on another level, sure, but still a victory.There are reasons behind the punching and the kicking."

A good point here. I remember reading the first series of Iron Fist adventures, when they had him defeating every hero who fought him. Not because he was better, or stronger, or anything. He fought Iron Man, and Captain America, and the X-Men. He held his own for a bit, and realizing he could be beaten, he simply put himself in harms way and dropped his guard. Each one of these heroes, since they were, in fact, heroes, stopped fighting to save him, which ended the fight.

Batman may not be powerful enough to beat Superman, but he certainly wouldn't be killed.

Supes doesn't roll like that.

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Captain Cascader says:

"Batman is by far #1 of anyone of all universes. #2 is Thanos, and he's simply in there for his powers.The allure to Batman is not so much his powers, his intellect or anything else. It's mostly that he's so damned stubborn. He will not quit, ever. It's mostly the simplicity of his character that makes him so powerful. If Batman thinks what you are doing is wrong, it doesn't matter if you have a lifetime of good deeds behind you, batman will be there. Spider-Man, Superman... they've all found wives or long time lovers. Batman has only one love (and it's not Robin, G-Man!) and its personal justice.In the world of superheros where no one ever dies, it's the guy who would actually die for it all that is the most powerful. Batman is the only guy out there that would never relent.Yes, this is a Frank Miller belief, but really... who else out there has written about this kind of stuff better then Miller? Honestly in Miller's world the only time batman dies is when Bruce Wayne get's punked by Elektra (The Elektra:Assassin version) at a social benifit.
Post Edited:2007-01-31 02:43:55"

Tell it my man!

speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#39  Edited By speed

couldnt superman use his long range attack like freeze him or use heat vision

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Couldn't Batman avoid it or use an even more powerful range attack?

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

No, he couldn't avoid it and he can't damage Superman. The only way Batman could ever hope to beat Supes is with ridiculus amounts of preperation and trickery. Maybe he could get Superman to wear a kryptonite wetsuit and inhale kryptonite gas in a kryptonite room lit with 500 red suns, then chain him with kryptonite chains and plunge 47 magcal swords through his brain and heart.

I said it before, Batman is awesome and probably the best human around, but he can't beat any/everyone. He can beat a lot of superhumans that other people without powers couldn't hope to take down, and he can go up against most superhumans and walk out of the fight, but there are plenty people better than him.

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All right, Superman would win. GAACK! A cold shiver, cold as death, just ran through my very soul.....

Fourpower (R.I.P)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn straig-YEEEEEAAAAAAAA(has seizure)

ScoodleDaddle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers