Batman Fights for 28 HOURS STRAIGHT in Batman #23

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The sad part is that Batman fighting for 28 hours is the only thing people seem to take away from that story despite it actually being a little thought-provoking. The point of the story wasn't "Look at how much stamina Batman has, this should make some fanboys cry", it was intended to be a rebuttal to the idea that Batman killing his enemies is the only way to stop evil permanently. Snyder's take is that Bruce doesn't need to kill as long as he can frighten the cowardly superstitious lot into submission, but while that take might work on low-level criminals and rogues like Penguin or Riddler, it doesn't provide a satisfactory answer for the likes of Joker, Bane, Ra's et al; the villains who simply aren't scared of Batman. This is a point that's been raised in pre-FP Batman stories as well; Bruce relies on fear to keep Gotham standing, so what happens when someone who's just not afraid of him shows up?

But nooooo, let's all go crazy over an over-the-top Batman feat instead.......like those are rare or something.....

Agreed. The point was that he won't break his code even if he died.

@rustyroy said:

@guardian_of_gravity said:

@alexander505 said:

Ok, he's superpowered. So? You want write a letter to Snyder and say to him: you're silly, let me write something more realistic for Batman.

I'd rather DC just admit that he's superhuman and drop the peak human thing altogether. It'd be more faithful to his character and there are ways to give him superhuman powers without getting too "unbatmanish". The Mind over Matter theory I mentioned earlier. It's clear that in both Marvel and DC, Martial arts can grant some pretty biology twisting powers, so they could say that he learned techniques that let him bring his body beyond that of what his physiology by all means should allow.

Your theory would still make it peak human cause it was achieved by means of training not a freak accident or anything else, so he won't still be superhuman.

He'd be preforming beyond the context of his biology, so in a sense he would still be superhuman. As he is indeed doing better than the human body can allow. But right now we're delving into semantics.

But it also means that this can be achieved by any other human with same training, dedication and a strong will so it still makes it peak human, something a human can achieve. And maybe he already has that power but DC didn't just pointed it out, the best thing you can do is assume that he already has that power and read the story because its the thing that matters most. And there's also the problem that if DC labels him superhuman then the whole point of Batman would be destroyed.

@cameron83 Listen man, the whole superpowers and magic etc are the biggest PIS ever created and comic books whole premise is based on PIS, if you can't deal with it then just ignore it. And seriously what does fanboys got to do with it? Are you afraid it will be posted all over the battle forums? Seriously people here care too much about battles.

@wolverine08 Dude I hope you are done with your rant and have calmed down now, just let it go, you can't change the writing on the book now, its pointless and done, either ignore it or deal with it.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@rustyroy said:

@citizenbane said:

The sad part is that Batman fighting for 28 hours is the only thing people seem to take away from that story despite it actually being a little thought-provoking. The point of the story wasn't "Look at how much stamina Batman has, this should make some fanboys cry", it was intended to be a rebuttal to the idea that Batman killing his enemies is the only way to stop evil permanently. Snyder's take is that Bruce doesn't need to kill as long as he can frighten the cowardly superstitious lot into submission, but while that take might work on low-level criminals and rogues like Penguin or Riddler, it doesn't provide a satisfactory answer for the likes of Joker, Bane, Ra's et al; the villains who simply aren't scared of Batman. This is a point that's been raised in pre-FP Batman stories as well; Bruce relies on fear to keep Gotham standing, so what happens when someone who's just not afraid of him shows up?

But nooooo, let's all go crazy over an over-the-top Batman feat instead.......like those are rare or something.....

Agreed. The point was that he won't break his code even if he died.

@rustyroy said:

@alexander505 said:

Ok, he's superpowered. So? You want write a letter to Snyder and say to him: you're silly, let me write something more realistic for Batman.

I'd rather DC just admit that he's superhuman and drop the peak human thing altogether. It'd be more faithful to his character and there are ways to give him superhuman powers without getting too "unbatmanish". The Mind over Matter theory I mentioned earlier. It's clear that in both Marvel and DC, Martial arts can grant some pretty biology twisting powers, so they could say that he learned techniques that let him bring his body beyond that of what his physiology by all means should allow.

Your theory would still make it peak human cause it was achieved by means of training not a freak accident or anything else, so he won't still be superhuman.

He'd be preforming beyond the context of his biology, so in a sense he would still be superhuman. As he is indeed doing better than the human body can allow. But right now we're delving into semantics.

But it also means that this can be achieved by any other human with same training, dedication and a strong will so it still makes it peak human, something a human can achieve. And maybe he already has that power but DC didn't just pointed it out, the best thing you can do is assume that he already has that power and read the story because its the thing that matters most. And there's also the problem that if DC labels him superhuman then the whole point of Batman would be destroyed.

@cameron83 Listen man, the whole superpowers and magic etc are the biggest PIS ever created and comic books whole premise is based on PIS, if you can't deal with it then just ignore it. And seriously what does fanboys got to do with it? Are you afraid it will be posted all over the battle forums? Seriously people here care too much about battles.

@wolverine08 Dude I hope you are done with your rant and have calmed down now, just let it go, you can't change the writing on the book now, its pointless and done, either ignore it or deal with it.

Actually,superpowers and magic actually do explain things better. It's not really PIS/WIS with those. That wasn't exactly my point.

And the battle forums don't really have anything to do with what I said.

Sorry if I sound condescending or aggressive,it's just my diction.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@cameron83: No I understand that!!! You understand my point? Obviously that I don't belive that Batman can lifting truck or do something similar as the powerhouses can do or evn whistand their puches without being injured.

Off topic question: What do you think that D.E.O wants with him? Since they deal with metahuman and superhuman...and Batman isn't one of them.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: No I understand that!!! You understand my point? Obviously that I don't belive that Batman can lifting truck or do something similar as the powerhouses can do or evn whistand their puches without being injured.

Off topic question: What do you think that D.E.O wants with him? Since they deal with metahuman and superhuman...and Batman isn't one of them.

I think that it's possible that they recognize Batman as a threat and one of the most powerful people on the planet. Maybe they feel him too dangerous and want to either bring him in to join them or take him down since he (has proven) to be one of the most dangerous men on the planet.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: What do they explain better? How someone can shoot heat from his eyes, how someone can fly without wings, how someone can regenerate after completely being turned into nothingness, how the whole universe gets destroyed and restored etc etc? I don't have any problem with someone else believing that this is PIS or not but I think we've all had enough rant for a just a feat taken from the back ups of a book. Its no big deal, if you don't like it just ignore it, pretend it never happened.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: I can't wait to read issue 24,when finally Batman confronts Batwoman and the D.E.O

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@cameron83: What do they explain better? How someone can shoot heat from his eyes, how someone can fly without wings, how someone can regenerate after completely being turned into nothingness, how the whole universe gets destroyed and restored etc etc? I don't have any problem with someone else believing that this is PIS or not but I think we've all had enough rant for a just a feat taken from the back ups of a book. Its no big deal, if you don't like it just ignore it, pretend it never happened.

lol if only I can pretend like things never happened. It's not really so simple as that...at least for me. I can't just accept and deny anything that I please. It's like me putting Punisher into the DCU universe simply because I want to. And probably justifying it with that old 90s non-canon crossover.

And yes,it's fiction. Powers are what explains it. But Batman doesn't have any of those things. It's one of the most important things about his character. No powers. Other than that,powers DO explain those things....it's not plot induced stupidity or writer induced stupidity...I don't even see how those can be considered PIS for characters that HAVE those powers because it's within their capabilities,take Superman for example. Not only that,but again,Batman doesn't have powers. And this is kinda irrelevant to the discussion,don't you think?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#208  Edited By cameron83

@cameron83: I can't wait to read issue 24,when finally Batman confronts Batwoman and the D.E.O

I think that the only way she can win is by exploiting his weakness and tiring him out or something. Perhaps the DEO will have an APB out for him or something.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

lol if only I can pretend like things never happened. It's not really so simple as that...at least for me. I can't just accept and deny anything that I please. It's like me putting Punisher into the DCU universe simply because I want to. And probably justifying it with that old 90s non-canon crossover.

And yes,it's fiction. Powers are what explains it. But Batman doesn't have any of those things. It's one of the most important things about his character. No powers. Other than that,powers DO explain those things....it's not plot induced stupidity or writer induced stupidity...I don't even see how those can be considered PIS for characters that HAVE those powers because it's within their capabilities,take Superman for example. Not only that,but again,Batman doesn't have powers. And this is kinda irrelevant to the discussion,don't you think?

Then deal it with, really what can you do other than that?

That's why I said powers are the biggest PIS, Superman was just a super soldier level hero now he can bench press the Earth for five days without breaking a sweat, Wolverine's healing factor was not nearly as impressive as it is now, the standards in comic books change, the level of peak human's don't change as much as that of a superhuman's, but when they do people get angry.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@cameron83 said:

@rustyroy said:

Then deal it with, really what can you do other than that?

That's why I said powers are the biggest PIS, Superman was just a super soldier level hero now he can bench press the Earth for five days without breaking a sweat, Wolverine's healing factor was not nearly as impressive as it is now, the standards in comic books change, the level of peak human's don't change as much as that of a superhuman's, but when they do people get angry.

But that's not Plot Induced Stupidity or Writer Induced Stupidity at all.

1. Characters and their powers slowly evolve and progress over time. Those two are shining examples.

2. It's not PIS or WIS because it's within the limits of the characters. You can't call it WIS or PIS because they couldn't do it back then or if it's something within their limits.

3. I wonder why they get angry. Sure,peak humans are different and more powerful than they were back then....but there has to be a limit for the character and for said peak humans (within their limits). Different writers may have inconsistencies and different companies have different levels with some powers or abilities.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. Characters and their powers slowly evolve and progress over time. Those two are shining examples.

2. It's not PIS or WIS because it's within the limits of the characters. You can't call it WIS or PIS because they couldn't do it back then or if it's something within their limits.

3. I wonder why they get angry. Sure,peak humans are different and more powerful than they were back then....but there has to be a limit for the character and for said peak humans (within their limits). Different writers may have inconsistencies and different companies have different levels with some powers or abilities.

1. If a super powered being can evolvethat much then I don't see why can't a fictional human can do the same.
  2. So basically you're saying a character with power has no limits, that's actually called PIS i.e plot induced stupidy, increase or decrease anyone's power according to the story.
  3. I agree with this point but there's nothing we can do about it, comic books have never been a consistent media.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@matchesmalone21 said:

I think that the only way she can win is by exploiting his weakness and tiring him out or something. Perhaps the DEO will have an APB out for him or something.

This is why Director Bones sent her after the Batvillains to know his weakness. APB?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@cameron83 said:

1. If a super powered being can evolvethat much then I don't see why can't a fictional human can do the same.
  2. So basically you're saying a character with power has no limits, that's actually called PIS i.e plot induced stupidy, increase or decrease anyone's power according to the story.
  3. I agree with this point but there's nothing we can do about it, comic books have never been a consistent media.

1. Over a gradual time. Most characters evolve over time. Some evolve more powerful than others. And again,gradually. By your logic Batman should be able to,eventually,lift up a truck. Even though he shouldn't (by his own power)...ever.

2. That's not what I said. How many times have I said "within their limits". Honest to god there must be some sort of virus where people gradually turn blind. I am sorry,but this is freaking frustrating. And yes,increasing or decreasing their power for the sake of the story IS PIS/WIS (WIS would be more like a character performing outside of their limits or out of character..doing it for the sake of the story is PIS). Even a character with power has limits within their character...as I thought I said multiple times.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@matchesmalone21 said:

This is why Director Bones sent her after the Batvillains to know his weakness. APB?

An APB (if I recall correctly) is kinda like an alert/warning that tells all agents/members of the "force" that tell them to keep an eye out for a specific person.

And yup. I think he sent her to interrogate his best villains (like rogues) or people that would commonly/have the most chance of beating him (like the rogues) to know how to defeat him.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#215  Edited By RustyRoy

@cameron83:

• First of all no character should be able to evolve that much, gradually or otherwise. Secondly y my logic Batman shouldn't be able to lift a car(as I agreed on the third point) but even that is nothing compared to the power upgrade the others got, I mean from leaping building and stronger than a loco motive to flying around the space and moving planets etc are more far fetched.
  • Yeah but your limit is vague and thats exactly like the writers,their limits are very vague.

Anyway there's not much to say anymore, we're just going around in circles.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@cameron83:

• First of all no character should be able to evolve that much, gradually or otherwise. Secondly y my logic Batman shouldn't be able to lift a car(as I agreed on the third point) but even that is nothing compared to the power upgrade the others got, I mean from leaping building and stronger than a loco motive to flying around the space and moving planets etc are more far fetched.
  • Yeah but your limit is vague and thats exactly like the writers,their limits are very vague.

Erm...he's Superman. Characters evolve gradually. There is a BIG difference with Superman and Batman. Characters evolve gradually over time. I actually like Superman doing those things. But more importantly,he's evolved over time as have most other characters. Batman's gadgets have also evolved. Back then he carried a gun,and later just a few batarangs and ropes and flashlights and such. Not the high tech stuff he has today. These things have changed gradually as the character has evolved.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tikhunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

peak human is the greatest super power in comics, it's basically reality warping at this point

I may use this as my go to answer for any question I am ever asked.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@cameron83:

Erm...he's Superman. Characters evolve gradually. There is a BIG difference with Superman and Batman. Characters evolve gradually over time. I actually like Superman doing those things. But more importantly,he's evolved over time as have most other characters. Batman's gadgets have also evolved. Back then he carried a gun,and later just a few batarangs and ropes and flashlights and such. Not the high tech stuff he has today. These things have changed gradually as the character has evolved.

I agree.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@cameron83 said:

@rustyroy said:

@cameron83:

I agree.

I mean,if Superman suddenly spontaneously started flying and sneezing galaxies away (we must forget....we must forget),then I would completely agree. But as time grows,so do (most) comic characters. They grow in power. But simply because they grow in power doesn't mean that they can act out of their own limits and boundaries of their own powers and abilities :)

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#222  Edited By RustyRoy
cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tikhunt said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

peak human is the greatest super power in comics, it's basically reality warping at this point

I may use this as my go to answer for any question I am ever asked.

Damn this is so true XD

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

snyder. spreading stupid like there's no tomorrow.

dude Morrison had him in a cave for 49 days with no food or water

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@danhimself: never said morrison didnt write stupid. just applauding snyder's talent.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not sure why people have such a problem with this.

Pre New52, he has a history of doing things far beyond normal human capability in the real world. Given that Peak humans are a strictly comic book thing, and far beyond what any human can achieve in the real world, I also don't have a problem with it.

This is someone who has been training, obsessively, with billions of dollars to aid in that training since the age of 14 or so.

This also isn't a feat of strength, or something that requires him being meta or superhuman. It's just him having crazy endurance. He wasn't going for 28 hours straight in constant combat, it's just that he was up for 28 hours, beating people when they did come at him.

Is this any different from him being sleep deprived for days in court of owls and taking on the talons?

Blackdog2009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: you have a problem with that but not with him getting his back broken and coming back, grabbing another person as that person is falling from a 30 stories building, turning in mid air and hooking a grappling hook to the top of the building with un erring accuracy, him taking ON SUPERMAN!! Lol... Batman is the poster boy of 'impossible feats for a non meta human'.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverine08: you have a problem with that but not with him getting his back broken and coming back, grabbing another person as that person is falling from a 30 stories building, turning in mid air and hooking a grappling hook to the top of the building with un erring accuracy, him taking ON SUPERMAN!! Lol... Batman is the poster boy of 'impossible feats for a non meta human'.

1. Unless he has Kryptonite,there is no way he can beat Superman. Superman would stomp him to the floor

2. Many of those things aren't outside of his limits,really....and turning in mid-air? May I see this?

3. Accuracy is one of Batman's skills. That's like saying him knowing Karate is a feat.

@muyjingo said:

I'm not sure why people have such a problem with this.

Pre New52, he has a history of doing things far beyond normal human capability in the real world. Given that Peak humans are a strictly comic book thing, and far beyond what any human can achieve in the real world, I also don't have a problem with it.

This is someone who has been training, obsessively, with billions of dollars to aid in that training since the age of 14 or so.

This also isn't a feat of strength, or something that requires him being meta or superhuman. It's just him having crazy endurance. He wasn't going for 28 hours straight in constant combat, it's just that he was up for 28 hours, beating people when they did come at him.

Is this any different from him being sleep deprived for days in court of owls and taking on the talons?

1. I think that it says that he DID fight for 28 hours straight. I am not confirming or anything,ask novi_holmes because he has the scan.

2. Batman cannot,as acknowledged by others,do things that a human body is not capable of. This is just a little nitpick I am correcting you on :P

3. Of course it isn't strength, It's endurance. Strength was used as an example to prove a point.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why this is PIS yet Superman benching the Earths weight is widely accepted.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't understand why this is PIS yet Superman benching the Earths weight is widely accepted.

-____________________________-

lolzstastic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#232  Edited By lolzstastic

@theocitylegend said:

Yeah, because as we all know kryptonians exist in real life and we totally know what their true limitations are.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#235  Edited By cameron83

@zeishenberg said:

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised, recently Batman one shotted a giant robot, had an entire fight with Wrath in the span of 5 seconds and now this. His stamina, strength and speed are in the low superhuman range even though he's classified as a peak human. Nothing surprising.

lol he's not Superhuman. Not even lol

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As said,Batfanboys would blindly accept anything written as Gospel.

Jesus they're borderline retarded.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#237 the_stegman  Moderator

So this is pretty much Batman's equivalent of bench pressing the Earth for five days eh?

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So this is pretty much Batman's equivalent of bench pressing the Earth for five days eh?

Meh. Not really.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@theocitylegend said:

I am trying to say that Superman feat was not necessary to the plot and introduced some inconsistencies in terms of Supermans strength in New 52 but not many people have a problem with it, yet this one slightly over the top feat of stamina for Batman is blasphemy.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#240  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

@cameron83 said:

@the_stegman said:

Meh. Not really.

Oh I think it will be, especially on the battle forums. As soon as I read that Superman issue I was like "Yup, betcha this scan will be everywhere on Comicvine battles involving him" and sure enough. Likewise, I bet any battle involving Batman will now have this scan as a prerequisite.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theocitylegend said:

Yeah, because as we all know kryptonians exist in real life and we totally know what their true limitations are.

Yeah, because as we all know perfect humans exist in real life and we totally know what their true limitations are.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@theocitylegend said:

I am trying to say that Superman feat was not necessary to the plot and introduced some inconsistencies in terms of Supermans strength in New 52 but not many people have a problem with it, yet this one slightly over the top feat of stamina for Batman is blasphemy.

Regarding everything you said;

1. As said earlier,that's the way many Batman feats are....many ARE necessary to the plot...others are just "this is my average tuesday".

2. Depends on who you focus on. Many people called that Superman feat as crap (I think I was/am fairly okay with it),but mainly (not only,but mainly) blind batfanboys label anyone as "MARZLE FANBOYS LOLOLOL" to anyone who disagrees or who is skeptical and blind idiotic batfanboys just accept anything written as gospel.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#243  Edited By cameron83

@the_stegman said:

@cameron83 said:

@the_stegman said:

Meh. Not really.

Oh I think it will be, especially on the battle forums. As soon as I read that Superman issue I was like "Yup, betcha this scan will be everywhere on Comicvine battles involving him" and sure enough. Likewise, I bet any battle involving Batman will now have this scan as a prerequisite.

lol They can't really use it against anyone. For example,use it against Midnighter:

Midnighter fans- "This is nothing new. This is something midnighter does this on a regular without breaking a sweat"

lol Just sayin'

SpiderHulk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#245 the_stegman  Moderator

@the_stegman said:

@cameron83 said:

@the_stegman said:

Meh. Not really.

lol They can't really use it against anyone. For example,use it against Midnighter:

Midnighter fans- "This is nothing new. This is something midnighter does this on a regular without breaking a sweat"

lol Just sayin'

"Captain America is physically superior to Batman, he wins.''

"Nuh uh, Batman fought for a day straight, b*tch! His just as peak as Cap, only he has martial arts and stuff!''

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@theocitylegend said:
@cameron83 said:

@theocitylegend said:

1. As said earlier,that's the way many Batman feats are....many ARE necessary to the plot...others are just "this is my average tuesday".

2. Depends on who you focus on. Many people called that Superman feat as crap (I think I was/am fairly okay with it),but mainly (not only,but mainly) blind batfanboys label anyone as "MARZLE FANBOYS LOLOLOL" to anyone who disagrees or who is skeptical and blind idiotic batfanboys just accept anything written as gospel.

I literally saw only 1 comment where someone accused those who had a problem with this feat as marvel fanboys.

Every hero has fanboys that "just accept anything written as gospel" when it comes to great feats for their favorite hero. There is nothing here that is special or restricted to Batman fanboys. The only explanation I can see for why you may think that Batman fanboys are more extreme than others is simply because Batman is a popular character and therefore he will naturally have a greater number of intense fans, leading you to more frequently encounter them, giving you the idea that Bat fanboys are more extreme than others when in reality there's just more of them.

MuyJingo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1. I think that it says that he DID fight for 28 hours straight. I am not confirming or anything,ask novi_holmes because he has the scan.

2. Batman cannot,as acknowledged by others,do things that a human body is not capable of. This is just a little nitpick I am correcting you on :P

3. Of course it isn't strength, It's endurance. Strength was used as an example to prove a point.

1. Well, that's clearly false. The scans show him having standing alone at times, having breaks between fighting people. He wasn't literally fighting every second of that 28 hours, which was my point.

2. Of course he can. There are several scans showing Batman doing things no human could possibly do. Show me any human who can bench 1000 lbs? Just for starters....

3. Right, well some people were arguing as thought it were strength. I thought I'd just make that point.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dc Writers!

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dc writers strike again!

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

@the_stegman said:

@cameron83 said:

@the_stegman said:

Meh. Not really.

lol Just sayin'

"Captain America is physically superior to Batman, he wins.''

"Nuh uh, Batman fought for a day straight, b*tch! His just as peak as Cap, only he has martial arts and stuff!''

lol yup. Like that. I mean,I and a few other fans of Batman agree with the first one,but I swear that second one was spot on XD

@muyjingo said:

@cameron83 said:

1. Well, that's clearly false. The scans show him having standing alone at times, having breaks between fighting people. He wasn't literally fighting every second of that 28 hours, which was my point.

2. Of course he can. There are several scans showing Batman doing things no human could possibly do. Show me any human who can bench 1000 lbs? Just for starters....

3. Right, well some people were arguing as thought it were strength. I thought I'd just make that point.

1. Again,refer to novi_holmes

2. So...he can do things that his body CANNOT allow. Why the f*ck does everyone reference real life humans? This is not what this is about! Are you telling me that,simply because of willpower or becuz this is comics,that Batman can lift a fricking bus over his head? Because he can do things that are physically impossible for the human body? Please don't answer yes.....

I honest to god don't even see what the point is in labelling Batman a peak human anymore. Apparently to some people that means that he can alter reality and affect the odds of situations and,hell,I wouldn't even be surprised if they said that his punches can level cities next. Honestly,peak human has absolutely no meaning to people anymore.

@cameron83 said:

@theocitylegend said:
@cameron83 said:

@theocitylegend said:

I literally saw only 1 comment where someone accused those who had a problem with this feat as marvel fanboys.

Every hero has fanboys that "just accept anything written as gospel" when it comes to great feats for their favorite hero. There is nothing here that is special or restricted to Batman fanboys. The only explanation I can see for why you may think that Batman fanboys are more extreme than others is simply because Batman is a popular character and therefore he will naturally have a greater number of intense fans, leading you to more frequently encounter them, giving you the idea that Bat fanboys are more extreme than others when in reality there's just more of them.

1. If you didn't know,this isn't the only website and the only thread that makes reference to this. Obviously I am referring to multiple.

2. I know that every hero has fanboys. As addressed in my comment with matchesmalone21. I never said that fanboys were limited to batman. I can't fathom as to why people on here have falsely assumed so horribly too many damn times.

3. I never said Batman fanboys were more extreme. I never even suggested that. I DO however see fanboys as more zealous and irrational than other fans.

4. While yes,Batman is a popular character,he has more fans because of that,etc..that is irrelevant to me.