Batman Commits Suicide

Jeremy1989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jeremy1989

Batman to me has always been a strong character physically, mentally, and spiritually.

Nevertheless, I feel that Batman sometimes has reached a mental breaking point of depression, that I'm surprised he hasn't killed anyone yet, or himself.

So, here's my question

Has there ever been a moment where Batman was,

how can I put this.

Suicidal?

TakeLuutzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark Knight Returns? "This would be a good death"..

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By iaconpoint

I think he's been suicidal many times, even sometimes unconsciously. But never thr "gun to his head" kinda suicidal, more the "okay villain I've had it you can kill me" kinda suicidal. Known what I mean?

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By RustyRoy

I don't think so, he has hurt himself in some stories but there's always been a reason behind it like Morrison's Arkham Asylum story and it was an Elsaworld. Although he did try to kill Joker a few times and somebody always stopped him.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Nope. I think he's walked the line of having a death wish in certain stories, but never upset to the point of killing himself. That'd be him ending his war on crime, and that just won't happen.

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Breadspread

@takeluutzen: good answer. Even the way the story starts with the racecar crash brings to question: is he trying to end it all? There is also the scene in crime alley with the two mutants. Bruce could have stopped them "...we know so many ways to hurt him..." Instead Bruce let's them attack, which, ironically, freaks them out. "Can't do murders when there in to it..."