Batman Beyond???

#1 Posted by Frozen (21135 posts) - - Show Bio

Excuse my memory, but I thought the Batman Beyond comics took place in the DCAU?

#2 Posted by kidchipotle (15764 posts) - - Show Bio

They do. If you're referring to Batman Beyond in the new DC weekly, Futures End, this is the first Batman Beyond to debut in continuity, to my knowledge, unless the Damien trained Terry one counted pre-reboot.

#3 Edited by jayc1324 (26432 posts) - - Show Bio

Not only in DCAU anymore

#4 Posted by Frozen (21135 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by TheBlueAngel93 (21064 posts) - - Show Bio

The current digital-first comics Batman Beyond 2.0 and Justice League Beyond 2.0 (which features Terry) both takes place in the DCAU and continues his adventures from where the show left off.

Terry will also be appearing in a new digital comic Futures End, which will mark Terry.s first official appearance in DC's main continuity.

#6 Edited by Frozen (21135 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: My question to the core; is the Terry in Future's End the DCAU version crossing into that universe or the new Terry, in New-52 mainstream Earth?

#7 Edited by JakeN7 (15180 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee: The Terry that appeared in Damian's future was canonical to that universe, which was not New Earth. So, he's been in mainstream comics continuity before, just not the actual main continuity if that makes sense. As far as I know though, that's his only appearance outside of DCAU continuity...until now.

#8 Posted by JakeN7 (15180 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen: YES! It's been answered for you. LOL. Where have you been? This news is so old it has mildew on it.

He will be entering our continuity with that weekly. He will be from the farther-flung future, but somehow gets stuck in his past, which is our future 5 years from now.

#9 Edited by Frozen (21135 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: So Terry's now in the mainstream Prime Earth? Interesting.

#10 Posted by kidchipotle (15764 posts) - - Show Bio

@jaken7: Ah okay, thanks. I didn't remember whether or not that BB was canon or not.

@frozen: Yes. Terry in Futures End is NOT the DCAU Batman Beyond. He is a completely new character on Prime-Earth.

#11 Posted by Frozen (21135 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by kidchipotle (15764 posts) - - Show Bio

@frozen said:

@jaken7: @arturocalakayvee: The DCAU Terry is still kicking.

Loading Video...

There was never a question regarding the DCAU's Batman Beyond wellbeing. His book is selling well. They're just making Batman Beyond, a different one from the DCAU, canon on Prime-Earth.

#13 Posted by TheBlueAngel93 (21064 posts) - - Show Bio
@frozen said:

@war_killer: My question to the core; is the Terry in Future's End the DCAU version crossing into that universe or the new Terry, in New-52 mainstream Earth?

No, the Terry in Futures End is not the Terry from the DCAU.

The Terry in Futures End is a different Terry who's making his first appearance in the New 52 continuity.

#14 Posted by NightHawk89 (19 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: My understanding was that Batman Beyond, starting from the 2010-2011 series, didn't really fit into either DCAU or mainstream. In several instances events from the mainline DC universe are referenced in BB even though they never happened in the DCAU (Hush, for example). I guess they cleared all that up?

#15 Posted by TheBlueAngel93 (21064 posts) - - Show Bio

@war_killer: My understanding was that Batman Beyond, starting from the 2010-2011 series, didn't really fit into either DCAU or mainstream. In several instances events from the mainline DC universe are referenced in BB even though they never happened in the DCAU (Hush, for example). I guess they cleared all that up?

Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what the writer for the Batman Beyond series (2010-2011) was trying to do. The series was suppose to be a continuation from where the cartoon left off after Return of the Joker, but the writer did make references to things that happened in the comics, not in the DCAU. Though it's possible that some of those events did happen in the DCAU, we just simply never saw them. But those books still take place in the same universe as the DCAU, as well as the current Beyond series, as they do also reference back to things that only happened in the shows.