Batman #11 (Spoilers)

Avatar image for nthmetalwarrior
NthMetalWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Catwoman's done it. She just killed two people right IN FRONT of Bats and apparently betrayed him as well. Unless Tom King's got some crap plot device up his sleeve, their relationship is destroyed. Or hes writing a Batman that tolerates killing and that is a BIG NO-NO. Guess Murderman is the new status quo now huh

ZariusII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seemed too easy, and do we know what the purpose of Ventriloquist is yet?

I smell a set-up by Selina and everyone to get into Bane's inner circle.

belrev516

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What just happened?

Epyon007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Or we could just wait to see how the story develops instead of jumping to conclusions... just a thought.

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epyon007 said:

Or we could just wait to see how the story develops instead of jumping to conclusions... just a thought.

I'm not sure what kind of thought process that is, but in this world, it's either jump to conclusions or leap to them. Duh.

laughingbatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Literally just finished reading this. 1) I can't figure out why Selina's been made into a killing machine by King. 2) I can't figure out Wesker's purpose yet. 3) I can't figure out where this arc is going.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@epyon007: How DARE a story leave readers in the dark!?

Mizerous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omgz they are copying Marvel Black Cat was a vengeful attempting murderer first! :V

wrucebayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Christ, either drop the title or wait until the goddam arc is over to complain. I didn't like King's Batman, so I dropped it.

You're really sticking it to King and his "awful" writing by supporting his work on a monthly basis.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By entropy_aegis

King's all "I'm gonna ruin that Cat b!tch, muahahahaha". This is really doing a number on the character.

I'm gonna wait till the end of this arc to give a full analysis but for now I will say that this entire arc depends on Catwoman, all the twists and turns come from Catwoman and from what I've concluded this isn't about Gotham Girl and Psycho Pirate at all or at least not primarily. This is about overthrowing Bane and giving credit to Catwoman to get her pardoned, that's the premise of this arc from my perspective. It kinda makes Batman look bad imo because he comes across as selfish in his desire to "save" Selina and Gotham Girl even if it means condemning Bane for really no reason. Now I'm hoping Bane responds in an equally ruthless manner in the next arc.

So Catwoman is there to take credit, Punch and Jewelee were there to act as bait so that Tiger and Batman can get close to Bane and fight him off. Apparently Tiger is also on Venom according to Punch but he's not reliable.

Overall it all boils down to Catwoman, this was a middle issue, whatever King does with that character will make or break this arc.

Avatar image for nthmetalwarrior
NthMetalWarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The next arc will be Bane invading Gotham, I was looking forward to that before this fiasco

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By RustyRoy
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I can't really see the point of this arc anymore. The road that King has takes seems so incredibly dumb and shallow that it's frightening that I was actually praising this guy as a writer just a couple of months ago.

I don't get why he has this fetish with making Selina a murderer? I mean, I am not disturbed or annoyed in any way I just really can't see the point since she was never like that and now all of a sudden she is this ruthless maniac. Which to be honest really isn't the worst part with her in this issue. The worst part was the dialogue between her and Bruce at the beginning. I don't know if King knows but no one actually speaks like that, especially Batman who for some reason sounds like a mob boss from the 30's.

The saddest thing is that I don't want to even get started with the other horrible stuff that happened. This issue makes me wonder, why was I so so excited when I heard that King was taking over the writing duties from Snyder?!

Avatar image for infantfinite128
infantfinite128

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By infantfinite128

Well, the art is very pretty! Bane looks kinda funky, but Catwoman looks pretty great! I don't understand why Bane didn't strip Batman of his equipment when he captured him, and I don't understand how Bane could ever believe Catwoman could takedown Bronze Tiger. Although, she did take 237 men down so she much have some superpower like Scott Snyder's Joker. I know Tom King's got a long term plan, especially since he already showed us that Batman is going to die, but I want that masterpiece writing that I keep hearing about right now. lol

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That dialogue between Batman and Catwoman at the start of the issue was downright terrible.

Rurgandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jesus Christ, either drop the title or wait until the goddam arc is over to complain. I didn't like King's Batman, so I dropped it.

You're really sticking it to King and his "awful" writing by supporting his work on a monthly basis.

They probably pirate books.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@rurgandy said:
@wrucebayne said:

They probably pirate books.

Yeah, at certain countries it's really hard to buy comic books and if you actually order them through amazon or e-bay they are basically charging you way too much.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

I kinda wish people did pirate books they read but dont really like.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#20  Edited By Eto

The dialogue is just awful. I've dropped it now. Not buying it after this issue. I was really hyped for this iarc, since Bane was the main antagonist and it seemed promising. However, this just seems to be as bad as the first arc. I really love the arc, but story wise it's just not for me.

Why is Bane naked. Why is Batman dumb and acting like he's inexperienced. Unfortunately, this leaves me to drop the title. I am going to stick to ASBatman for now.

Eto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By Eto

@entropy_aegis: After this issue I'll pirate it. Not buying it anymore.

I don't spend that much, I'd rather spend it on Hal Jordan or other good rebirth title. Definitely not Kings Batman anymore.

batcat91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still withholding my expectations until this arc is finished, but really not digging what he's doing with Catwoman. If it's all some ruse, I'm trying to wrap my head around how Tom King is going to spin that... but most likely Catwoman just betrayed Batman and murdered 2 people without a second thought which is out of character. I might have even been able to stomach the multiple murders if Selina was not so nonchalant about it. If she actually went through something like that, it would have deeply disturbed her psyche even if they were killers.

Some parts were good, but the dialogue between Bruce and Selina was atrocious and I don't think King understands the dynamic between the two. Their dialogue was very jilted and lackluster, rather than witty and intimate.

commissar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By commissar

I had dropped this book after issue #1.

Then I bought issue #7 for the start of the horrible Monster Men arc (but dropped all three books involved half way through it)

Started buying this book again with issue #9 just for Selina, but at first we saw so little of her, then we got so little information on what she (supposedly) did and how the f#@& she supposedly killed 237 terrorists spread out both across the U.S. AND OUTSIDE THE U.S. before Batman, his allies, or any super-spy / government agencies got involved?!?

And now it looks like she's pulling other bizarre $#!^?!?

I don't really like this, but part of me needs to find out for sure how much of this is a fake-out and how much is King illogically turning Selina into a bigger threat than Lady Shiva, Black Widow, Elektra, etc.