gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

No Caption Provided
Avengers Day is coming! The Earth's Mightiest Retailers will assemble on May 19th for the inaugural, first-annual Avengers Day. This day will mark an all new era for Marvel's greatest heroes as the Avengers come together to usher in The Heroic Age. You can be the first on your block to get some great Avengers commemorative items like exclusive limited edition print featuring John Romita Jr.'s "I Am An Avenger" images, door hangers, mini-posters and more. Plus you can have the chance to add your own heroes to the Avengers roster by sketching on the Avengers #1 I Am An Avenger Blank Variant. A great item to take to convention to get your favorite artist to draw an image for you.

Participating retailers will also be thanked with a special advanced screening edition of Avengers #1. This will not be made available to the public or retailers not participating in the historic event. Retailers can also check the Marvel Mailer for information on how to acquire festive party invitations and other party favors.

No Caption Provided
Don't miss out on this historic Day.
Fleonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#1  Edited By Fleonix

Sick, I am putting a picture of me in the Blank Variant. LOL. "I am an Avanger, because I said so". he he he he
zombietag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By zombietag
@Fleonix: make sure u spell it right
mimschkin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By mimschkin

I think I've seen enough 'I am an Avenger' images in the last few months, so I think I'll pass on the prints. Though I will be checking out this title seeing as Spider-Woman was cancelled and I need my fix of Jessica Drew.

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By PrinceIMC

Gimmick!

Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Jordanstine

What!?  

No Variant Covers for the Incredible Hulk!?       

Ouch!
Ouch!
One of the Original Founding Member of the Avengers!?   

I can understand the exclusion of Wasp and... Wasp II, but not one of Marvel's more popular character!? 

You got that right Bruce

P.S. 
This is how Mr.Chris Evans is celebrating Avengers Day:

Pimp it man, pimp it! 

(Thanks LakerLand247 for the pic)

Aerik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6  Edited By Aerik
@zombietag said:

" @Fleonix: make sure u spell it right "

lmao. i r Avanger!
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#7  Edited By sora_thekey

The blank variant seems cool.... SDCC10.... Finch doing the cover of my Avengers!!!!! 
What I don't understand why is Spider-Man and Wolverine on that? are they seriously going to be Avengers? while being New Avengers?!?! 

Today the June Solicits for Marvel were released and check this out: 

NEW AVENGERS # 1
The Story: Find out who the New Avengers are, where they call home (gotta see it to believe it!), which Dark Avenger has joined their ranks, and just who the interdimensional demonic threat to our existence is! These heroes have gathered to take on the threats too dark, too dangerous, and too bizarre for any other team of heroes. The New Avengers are back!! And Bendis & Immonen are back with the Siege & Secret Invasion colorista Laura Martin!! You didn't really think Marvel was going to cancel their number one ongoing title did you? Heck no!! Backup feature: Another brand new oral history of the Avengers chapter by Bendis! Rated A …$3.99

In Stores: Jun 16, 2010  

I get it if Wolverine is on every super hero team ever... but Spider-Man?!?! He already has a 3-time a month title, plus he's getting another title (Peter Parker #1) this week. He also has the Web of Spider-Man series... Now he's going to be on both the Avengers and New Avengers....  

Notice how Marvel seems to be spreading their character a bit far sometimes, first Wolverine, now we are seeing the Deadpool epidemic... is Spider-Man next?

grimreaper1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By grimreaper1980

that sounds bad ass

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By EdwardWindsor

No Caption Provided
Well it might happen lol , not holding much hope thou
Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Stormultt

im getting ALL OF THEM!!!
Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

Here's one of Hulk I just made

Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jordanstine
@Mr. Dead Pool said:
"Here's one of Hulk I just made

"
I LOVE IT!!!
Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Moomin123

Awesome.
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#14  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@sora_thekey said:
"
The blank variant seems cool.... SDCC10.... Finch doing the cover of my Avengers!!!!! 
What I don't understand why is Spider-Man and Wolverine on that? are they seriously going to be Avengers? while being New Avengers?!?! 

NEW AVENGERS # 1
The Story: Find out who the New Avengers are, where they call home (gotta see it to believe it!), which Dark Avenger has joined their ranks, and just who the interdimensional demonic threat to our existence is! These heroes have gathered to take on the threats too dark, too dangerous, and too bizarre for any other team of heroes. The New Avengers are back!! And Bendis & Immonen are back with the Siege & Secret Invasion colorista Laura Martin!! You didn't really think Marvel was going to cancel their number one ongoing title did you? Heck no!! Backup feature: Another brand new oral history of the Avengers chapter by Bendis! Rated A …$3.99

In Stores: Jun 16, 2010  

I get it if Wolverine is on every super hero team ever... but Spider-Man?!?! He already has a 3-time a month title, plus he's getting another title (Peter Parker #1) this week. He also has the Web of Spider-Man series... Now he's going to be on both the Avengers and New Avengers....   Notice how Marvel seems to be spreading their character a bit far sometimes, first Wolverine, now we are seeing the Deadpool epidemic... is Spider-Man next?    "
I know right!!! I saw this today at school and was freakin' confused, I mean I want a little explaining from Marvel. I mean, would I mind having Spidey and Wolverine on the Avengers, probably not, but still, it is really confusing. Also, does this mean Ms. Marvel is a New Avenger? HOW THE HECK does she get knocked down to second rate Avengers while Spider- Woman gets put up there with the top dogs!? -____-
Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marvel says:

The New Avengers are back!!

Oh cool, because ive missed them so much?

@sora_thekey:

Notice how Marvel seems to be spreading their character a bit far sometimes, first Wolverine, now we are seeing the Deadpool epidemic... is Spider-Man next?

lol. no. Spider-Man was the first to be spread out everywhere and in every other characters books
at Marvel. seriously, check his appearances.  and that says nothing for some of the people who crossed with his, like the cast of Saturday Night Live, Obama, and the Dallas Cowboys for example. Spider-Man has been in so many X-Books he may as well be called an X-Man, well before characters who have had less appearances even. the amount of characters he teamed with in Marvel Team-Up volume 1 alone was off the charts

some of the more notable...  

Fleonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Fleonix
@zombietag:
Spell what right???????
Scoobypuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Scoobypuff
@Fleonix:  you spelt avengers 'avAngers'
Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Jordanstine
@War Killer said:
"@sora_thekey said:
"

I know right!!! I saw this today at school and was freakin' confused, I mean I want a little explaining from Marvel. I mean, would I mind having Spidey and Wolverine on the Avengers, probably not, but still, it is really confusing. Also, does this mean Ms. Marvel is a New Avenger? HOW THE HECK does she get knocked down to second rate Avengers while Spider- Woman gets put up there with the top dogs!? -____- "

Because Ms. Marvel doesn't have a 70's Saturday Morning Cartoon Show dedicated to her like Spider-Woman.
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@CATMANEXE:  i had spiderman versus powered toast man lol
d0npierre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By d0npierre

Some team-ups actually made sense and were worth reading, but I can pick a few that wouldn't even make it to the toilet...

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By sora_thekey
@CATMANEXE: Woah... I take it back! Spidey was first!
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lazystudent: me too. ive looked for a copy of that everywhere with no luck.
EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By EdwardWindsor
@CATMANEXE:  my mum sold alot of my old comics whilst i was at uni i was most displeased, that one while hardly worth loads was classic in terms of humour
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#25  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
@Jordanstine said:
"@War Killer said:
"@sora_thekey said:
"

I know right!!! I saw this today at school and was freakin' confused, I mean I want a little explaining from Marvel. I mean, would I mind having Spidey and Wolverine on the Avengers, probably not, but still, it is really confusing. Also, does this mean Ms. Marvel is a New Avenger? HOW THE HECK does she get knocked down to second rate Avengers while Spider- Woman gets put up there with the top dogs!? -____- "

Because Ms. Marvel doesn't have a 70's Saturday Morning Cartoon Show dedicated to her like Spider-Woman. "

Ms. Marvel should have her own cartoon or at least have been in one of the other Marvel shows... 

I think the real reason is because Bendis likes Spider-Woman more then Ms. Marvel, I mean SW really is "new" in the sense that she has a lot of things to catch up on after being away during Secret Invasion, while Ms. Marvel on the other hand has been becoming one of Marvel's biggest super-heroine's. Seems like it should be switched around with SW on New Avengers and MM on Avengers, but that's just me, lol
Blindside002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Blindside002
@War Killer said:
"@Jordanstine said:
"@War Killer said:
"@sora_thekey said:
"

Because Ms. Marvel doesn't have a 70's Saturday Morning Cartoon Show dedicated to her like Spider-Woman. "
Ms. Marvel should have her own cartoon or at least have been in one of the other Marvel shows...  I think the real reason is because Bendis likes Spider-Woman more then Ms. Marvel, I mean SW really is "new" in the sense that she has a lot of things to catch up on after being away during Secret Invasion, while Ms. Marvel on the other hand has been becoming one of Marvel's biggest super-heroine's. Seems like it should be switched around with SW on New Avengers and MM on Avengers, but that's just me, lol "

Trust me man it isn't just you, I like Spider-woman no doubt about that, but it seems like Ms. Marvel should be on the Avengers and Spider-woman on New Avengers. Ms. Marvel has been on the avengers for a while and even led them, can't recall if Spider-woman did, it just seems odd to put Ms. Marvel their biggest superheroine on a secondary title instead of the headlining title in place for someone who hasn't had a large role recently. Plus I'm a huge Ms. Marvel fan I and I want her back as much as possible since her series got cancelled.
Avatar image for ultimatedeadpool
DEADPOOL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By DEADPOOL
@sora_thekey said:
"I get it if Wolverine is on every super hero team ever... but Spider-Man?!?! He already has a 3-time a month title, plus he's getting another title (Peter Parker #1) this week. He also has the Web of Spider-Man series... Now he's going to be on both the Avengers and New Avengers....   Notice how Marvel seems to be spreading their character a bit far sometimes, first Wolverine, now we are seeing the Deadpool epidemic... is Spider-Man next?    "
Yeah, I really don't like the idea of them being on both teams. And where are the female members at? Does each team only have one girl?
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sora_thekey
@DEADPOOL said:
" @sora_thekey said:
"I get it if Wolverine is on every super hero team ever... but Spider-Man?!?! He already has a 3-time a month title, plus he's getting another title (Peter Parker #1) this week. He also has the Web of Spider-Man series... Now he's going to be on both the Avengers and New Avengers....   Notice how Marvel seems to be spreading their character a bit far sometimes, first Wolverine, now we are seeing the Deadpool epidemic... is Spider-Man next?    "
Yeah, I really don't like the idea of them being on both teams. And where are the female members at? Does each team only have one girl?"

Actually Jewel is in NA!
Avatar image for the_sharp_dressed_lady
The Sharp Dressed Lady

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HAPPY AVENGERS DAY, EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 8D 

Dro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Dro
@CATMANEXE:  He also crossed over with the FF a lot in the early comics. At one point there were 4 simultaneous ongoing Spider-Man series'. I know they were a mix of Amazing Spider-Man, Spectacular Spider-Man, Peter Parker Spider-Man, Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man and/or Sensational Spider-Man.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#31  Edited By pixelized

I don't get it.

crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By crazed_h3ro

Awesomeness LOL XD. I really can't wait for the brand new line up...which i mean the Academy LOL XD.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Primmaster64
@CATMANEXE: spidet meets invinsible?
Okrag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Okrag

No Caption Provided
jamdown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#35  Edited By jamdown

i am sooo parting that day
the_fallen11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#36  Edited By the_fallen11

Blank variant=sick!!
SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#37  Edited By SevanGrim
@Okrag said:
"
No Caption Provided
"
L.O.L. seriously.
Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Kid_Zombie
@Blindside002 said:
" @War Killer said:
"@Jordanstine said:
"@War Killer said:
"@sora_thekey said:
"

Ms. Marvel should have her own cartoon or at least have been in one of the other Marvel shows...  I think the real reason is because Bendis likes Spider-Woman more then Ms. Marvel, I mean SW really is "new" in the sense that she has a lot of things to catch up on after being away during Secret Invasion, while Ms. Marvel on the other hand has been becoming one of Marvel's biggest super-heroine's. Seems like it should be switched around with SW on New Avengers and MM on Avengers, but that's just me, lol "
Trust me man it isn't just you, I like Spider-woman no doubt about that, but it seems like Ms. Marvel should be on the Avengers and Spider-woman on New Avengers. Ms. Marvel has been on the avengers for a while and even led them, can't recall if Spider-woman did, it just seems odd to put Ms. Marvel their biggest superheroine on a secondary title instead of the headlining title in place for someone who hasn't had a large role recently. Plus I'm a huge Ms. Marvel fan I and I want her back as much as possible since her series got cancelled. "
Fully agree, ms. marvel is the shit. It sucks shes not on the main team
Kid_Zombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Kid_Zombie

No Caption Provided
Thats who i would like to see ha ha.
Falco974

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Falco974

No Caption Provided

00 Raiser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#41  Edited By 00 Raiser
@Grim:  ROTFLMAO
cmaprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By cmaprice

No Caption Provided
SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#43  Edited By SevanGrim
@cmaprice: EPIC!!
Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#44  Edited By Theodore

decent team

Jordanstine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jordanstine
@Kid_Zombie:  Thinking about it, one of the good reasons Marvel chose not to put Ms. Marvel in the regular Avengers line-up is because she'd just be another superhuman strong character with flight, and the regular line-up already has both Thor and Iron Man on there; kind'a repetitive to have a 3rd hero with similar super flight and strenght abilities.  Hence Spider-Woman with her more unique super powers was chosen instead.

In the New Avengers line-up, Ms. Marvel is the only one who's unique in that line-up. 

The inclusion of both Luke Cage and the Thing is wierd though...  

Now if only these two BFF's were BOTH on the same team...
Now if only these two BFF's were BOTH on the same team...
Fleonix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Fleonix
@Scoobypuff:
How lame, I get to be the first to comment on this, and I spelled Avengers wrong. LOL =D

Theodore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#47  Edited By Theodore

No Caption Provided
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points