Awesome Toy Picks: LEGO Age of Ultron - HULK BUSTER SMASH

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Each week we take a close look at a comic book collectible. That means taking it out of the package. This week we're going back to LEGO with a recent set from Avengers: Age of Ultron -- The Hulk Buster Smash set.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The set has 248 pieces and retails for $29.99. LEGO.com is currently out of stock (it's expected to ship in June) and there's some on Amazon but they're at inflated prices from marketplace sellers. I found this at Target at the regular price. Maybe I got lucky?

It's not a huge set but you have to admit the idea of having the Hulkbuster armor in LEGO form is really cool.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You get a nice amount for the small number of pieces and price. You can consider the suit having some articulation. You can easily move the arms and legs around. The fingers can each move separately as well. You can see the hands are ready to shoot out a big old repulsor blast and there's some projectiles that can be fired from its right hand.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Just as in the movie, you can have a regular-sized Iron Man (in the MK43 suit) inside the Hulkbuster suit.

No Caption Provided

The Hulkbuster suit helmet can slide up and so can the smaller visor.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The front of the suit opens up so you can easily put Iron Man in or out.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

But LEGO Tony Stark won't have too much time to sit around and Marvel at his suit since this set also includes a LEGO Ultron.

No Caption Provided

The two figures can simulate flying and blasting. Feel free to have them chase each other all over the place.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Just like the Avengers, this set also has a Hulk.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You can see he has a new pair of pants.

The set also comes with an accessory from the movie. Darn that pesky Stark Industries for having built dangerous things in the past.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

There's a little piece attached to this to make it look like another LEGO figure is flying/jumping/levitating above. So let's use this moment to introduce LEGO Scarlet Witch.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

You can see this is the movie version of Wanda. She looks good but it's too bad her blasty things are blue instead of red. This would have made a cool LEGO figure even cooler.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

And you don't want to get in the shot when pictures are being taken.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

The set also comes with a "super jumper." This is a little plastic piece you can put a LEGO figure on, flick it, and make the figure jump/fly through the air. I'm not a big fan of it.

No Caption Provided

What are we all really here for? We want to see the LEGO Hulk fight the LEGO Hulkbuster suit, right?

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Ultron likes to watch.
Ultron likes to watch.
No Caption Provided

There are some other Avengers: Age of Ultron sets. In my opinion, this had the most I was interested in for the lowest price. You might have some of the other LEGO Avengers figures from the previous sets. The Hulkbuster is cool but I really dug having a Scarlet Witch and Ultron figure. Although if you want a LEGO Vision, you'll have to get the $80 Quinjet City Chase set.

Let us know what you think of this set. Do you have it or any of the other current Avengers LEGO sets? We'll have another item featured in the next installment.

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Awesome! Thanks for the post @g_man. This is a really good set right here.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

Holy cow, that is an awesome set! I've been wanting to get a LEGO HULK anyway. This is going to be the set I get!

Thanks @g_man for the excellent pics and write up. LEGO owes you a commission, you just sold this set to me!

Hey Tony, you said you and your kid play Disney Infinity, yes? Are you guys going to pick up LEGO Dimensions?

GalacticFork

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

So the hulk-buster head opens to reveal iron-man. The Iron-man mask opens to reveal Tony Stark. Does the Tony Stark face open to reveal anything? Like a blackened soul or a bottle of scotch or something?

The pic of Ultron and Ironman from behind looks like they're holding hands. It's kinda cute. It needs a sunset in the background.

Great pics as always @g_man

Lurkero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is one of the cooler sets I've seen in a while. I wish the arms had more bulkyness to them though.

Also, I think the flipper was put there just to make sure lego pieces are lost. I can definitely see myself overusing that thing if I was still a child.

nappystr8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 5

This set looks like a lot of fun.

Avatar image for rocketraccoonthingy
rocketraccoonthingy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 8

Holy cow, that is an awesome set! I've been wanting to get a LEGO HULK anyway. This is going to be the set I get!

Thanks @g_man for the excellent pics and write up. LEGO owes you a commission, you just sold this set to me!

Hey Tony, you said you and your kid play Disney Infinity, yes? Are you guys going to pick up LEGO Dimensions?

Maybe he has commission from Lego. :-D

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

We'll see about LEGO Dimensions. Of course the idea of having to BUY everything is a factor. I'll wait to see how the game looks and plays.

Avatar image for deactivated-611928878d365
deactivated-611928878d365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The fact that Wanda's blasts are blue instead of red annoyed me too. Like why???? The rest of the set is awesome though.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

#10  Edited By The Impersonator

@oscars94 said:

The fact that Wanda's blasts are blue instead of red annoyed me too. Like why???? The rest of the set is awesome though.

Because of Quicksilver's death. The Blue Streak.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: Quicksilver Alert. Spoiler Dies. This comment got me banned from the Empire Magazine comments section.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By kidchipotle

Cool.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The Impersonator

@oscars94 said:

@the_impersonator: Quicksilver Alert. Spoiler Dies. This comment got me banned from the Empire Magazine comments section.

There's a thing called Spoiler Block in CV. But what you've said sounds unbelievable. Maybe, Empire doesn't have one of those Spoiler Blocks, if I'm mistaken.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_impersonator: I forgot that I got the movie way before America (I'm Irish). That could be why.

The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscars94 said:

@the_impersonator: I forgot that I got the movie way before America (I'm Irish). That could be why.

Oh. No worries. But still, spoiling something can get you banned that seriously? That's something harsh. Maybe, you should've said "Spoiler Alert!" I don't know. I really don't visit Empire, but I do visit Screen Rant news where people mentioned Spoiler Alert before commenting on the articles.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

shut up and take my money!

Ultron likes to watch.

Loading Video...

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow this looks epic

Avatar image for 12_percent_of_a_plan
12_Percent_Of_A_Plan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm gonna have to pick this up sometime. Loved that scene in the movie, so to recreate it and make it go my own way will be a hoot. Maybe I'll have Darth Vader intervene...

Ladyonora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks awesome!! I love these articles

JTMac005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those minifigures don't do hulk or ultron justice IMO

t209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

At least Marvel got female characters in merchandise.

Pray that some sick ducks read Scarlet Witch and Vision's shenanigans involving babies.

Avatar image for alwaysbeclothing
AlwaysBeClothing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Finally got about to "Assemble"-ing this set. You have even more of my respect Tony, these lego sets take some time to put together! You have to build them and then take copious amounts of pictures. Even your sticker placement on the hulk cage is good, I had trouble placing those well. Still, I had a lot of fun building it. There's some decent stuff included though its a bit expensive as most Lego sets are.

No Caption Provided
Make Mine, Comic Vine!
Make Mine, Comic Vine!