• 71 results
#1 Edited by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio

Welcome guys and gals here we can share learn and discuss things regarding avengers

So let me start

First look at avengers in war of realms

A first look at Marvel Comics' upcoming War of the Realms #1 has been released. In this upcoming event, Jason Aaron's long-running Thor saga culminates - and is illustrated by Russell Dauterman and colorist Matthew Smith.

In the storyline, Malekith has conquered nine of the 10 realms - with Thor standing in the way of the fall of the final one: Earth.

"I have been building towards War of the Realms for the entire duration of my Thor run. So we're talking six years and 80-something issues and counting,” Aaron told Marvel.com. "The story really begins when that war that's been brewing for years in the pages of Thor explodes here in Midgard. And at that point, it's bigger than a Thor battle; everyone becomes a part of that battle."

War of the Realms #1 is scheduled to hit shelves April 3.

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

#3 Posted by RabumAlal (4843 posts) - - Show Bio

How did he conquer Asgard? Does it even exist right now. This looks terrible tbh, have zero confidence in Aaron at this point.

#4 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: Great idea man, I'm looking forward to any new scans and previews here relating to new events, starting with war of the realms

Do you know what the next big event is after infinity wars?

#5 Edited by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio

@cull_obsidian said:

@supermanthor: Great idea man, I'm looking forward to any new scans and previews here relating to new events, starting with war of the realms

Do you know what the next big event is after infinity wars?

thanks and hey man can add more people who might be interested

and as for your question after infinity wars there is a unannounced x men event and war of realms

#6 Posted by Thedailybagel (12641 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing that appeals to me most about this event is the art. Say what you want about Jane, but the art in her run was one of the best I’ve seen in comics. More of that is never a bad thing.

#7 Edited by Spambot (9302 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hate this thing of reusing event names from past years in Marvel right now. I mean wtf? Marvel has gone from being the House of ideas to the House of reused ideas and heroes.

#8 Posted by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio

The thing that appeals to me most about this event is the art. Say what you want about Jane, but the art in her run was one of the best I’ve seen in comics. More of that is never a bad thing.

thats true

@spambot said:

I really hate this thing of reusing event names from past years in Marvel right now. I mean wtf? Marvel has gone from being the House of ideas to the House of reused ideas and heroes.

well i can understand that buddy to many events

#9 Edited by Mooty_Pass (9600 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not exactly an Avengers Fan(I like a few of them). So. I'll pass unfortunately.

Avatar image for the_living_tribunal_24
#10 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh, not too shabby. Cap with the obvious "I can't do anything cause the villains would wreck me, so I'm taking a shot here where things aren't fully escalated".

#11 Posted by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_living_tribunal_24: well with the war of realms and the new no road home series it's looks like marvel will give avengers some space journies

#13 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5833 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: >avengers

>space.

Reeeeeee not in my comics.(unless you're implying they're going to other realms and not space like other galaxies)

#14 Posted by The_living_tribunal_24 (5833 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_living_tribunal_24: well let's wait and see by jugdeing by solicits it looks like avengers will have long space trip

#16 Posted by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by Mister_Surreal (7872 posts) - - Show Bio

The Avengers have been pretty good overall.

#18 Posted by Batvibe12 (5473 posts) - - Show Bio

The art is amazing :) Is the X-Men going to be in it?

#19 Posted by ValBr111 (331 posts) - - Show Bio

As people have said, the art is great, and I'm mostly looking forward to anything Avengers.

#20 Posted by biswaboxz (3636 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, the art looks really good. It looks they are trying hard to make this event, another inter-realm(or galactic) war.

#21 Posted by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio

@biswaboxz: the art Will be dope but the writing ......

#23 Posted by SmoothSanta (2084 posts) - - Show Bio

Cap that sneaky swine throwing his shield.

Looks pretty cool. Hopefully they make some characters shine..... Like...... Give Thor good ol Mjolnir instead of the plastic shit heaps he's using currently. While they're at it, give him his luscious locks back and make him look like he use to instead of Chris Hemsworth. No offence to Chris.

Make She Hulk sexy instead of what she currently is.

#24 Posted by Cognitive (1768 posts) - - Show Bio

Did Malekith just get beaten up by cap? Or was that a random dark elf? LOL

Anyways, the story arch seems to make no sense at all as of now (guess Odin and his lapdog brother are just going to sit there and do nothing while those stupid elves wreck their house)

Personally not looking forward to this (and other Aaron's works).

#25 Posted by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Edited by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

THOR IS MISSING IN WAR OF REALMS #2

The War of the Realms has come! All ten realms have fallen to Malekith and his army…except one!

Midgard still stands, but Earth is missing a pivotal Avenger – and trapped in the land of the Frost Giants, Thor’s absence may cost New York City everything! Meanwhile, all the heroes of the Marvel Universe have assembled to take on the fight…and it still might not be enough to stop Malekith’s endless war.

“In April’s WAR OF THE REALMS #1, Malekith’s invasion starts in Manhattan, but he doesn’t just want to conquer part of Earth -- he wants the whole realm!” teases editor Wil Moss. “The heroes will have a hard enough time just defending New York from Malekith’s forces -- but when they realize the full scope of his attack in April’s WAR OF THE REALMS #2, they’ll have to make some daring and surprising moves in order to stop Malekith and his army of Frost Giants, Fire Goblins, Trolls and more from taking over the entire planet! And as with any war, this world at war will have some casualties…”

This April, all hell will break loose as the award-winning creative team of Jason Aaron, Russell Dauterman, and Matthew Wilson ushers in an event of unparalleled scale! Plus, don’t miss a special midnight release of WAR OF THE REALMS #1 for retailers – be sure to check future Marvel mailers for details!

WAR OF THE REALMS #2 (of 6)

Written by JASON AARON

Art by RUSSELL DAUTERMAN

Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS & MATTHEW WILSON

@intothevoid@cull_obsidian@biswaboxz@mister_surreal@cognitive@thor_parker82@spambot@thedailybagel@theincrediblesuperhulk8642@thebestofthebest@krleavenger@destinyman75

#27 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15794 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by phillip33 (3662 posts) - - Show Bio

@thor_parker82: straight up got excited about ares possibly making a big return until you outlined that lol.

#30 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15794 posts) - - Show Bio

@phillip33: I also thought that was Ares at first sight and I was like "finally, he's back". I liked his character, he was great in Mighty Avengers and Dark Avengers as well as Siege, sadly he died a gruesome death and never came back except for a couple of issues on Pak's Hulk IIRC, and he was still dead, they fought on the underworld or something like that, I don't remember that well.

It would be nice if Ares made a full return.

Avatar image for theincrediblesuperhulk8642
#31 Posted by TheIncredibleSuperHulk8642 (4396 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m one of the few people on here who’ve personally loved Jason’s run on Thor (albeit I have issues with parts of it), so I’m pretty excited for this event.

His Avengers work has been fairly decent/solid so far but it’s improving with every arc. Hopefully that continues to be the case

#32 Posted by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio

I’m one of the few people on here who’ve personally loved Jason’s run on Thor (albeit I have issues with parts of it), so I’m pretty excited for this event.

His Avengers work has been fairly decent/solid so far but it’s improving with every arc. Hopefully that continues to be the case

HOPE YOUR WORDS BECAME TRUTH IN THE FUTURE

#33 Edited by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio

Agent Coulson and the newly-reformed Squadron Supreme of America are wading into Marvel's War of the Realms event beginning with April's Avengers #18. The series is written by War of the Realms writer Jason Aaron, with the returning Ed McGuinness on art.

Agent Coulson and the reformed Squadron Supreme returned in November's Avengers #10, recruited by Thaddeus "Thunderbolt" Ross to be the United States government's superhero team following the Avengers distancing themselves from working strictly for one country.

Here is Avengers #18's advance solicitation. Look for Marvel Comics' full April 2019 solicitations later this month on Newsarama.

AVENGERS #18

JASON AARON (W) • ED MCGUINNESS (A/C)

MARVELS 25TH VARIANT COVER BY ALEX ROSS

ASGARDIAN VARIANT COVER BY PAOLO RIVERA

WAR OF THE REALMS TIE-IN!

See the greatest heroes of Washington, D.C., in action as the War of the Realms comes to the nation’s capital. Who needs the Avengers when you’ve got the all-new Squadron Supreme of America? But who are these mysterious new heroes, and where did they come from? Only Agent Coulson knows.

No Caption Provided

@intothevoid@cull_obsidian@biswaboxz@mister_surreal@cognitive

@spambot@thedailybagel@thor_parker82

@theincrediblesuperhulk8642@thebestofthebest@krleavenger@destinyman75@mister_surreal@skywalker95

WHOOP JL VS AVENGERS LOL

#34 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: looks awesome, was it just me or wasn't there any tie ins as such with infinity wars? Like the ongoing avengers, there wasn't any of the ongoing books with an infinity wars banner

#35 Posted by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio

@cull_obsidian: THEY ARE MAYBE THEY ARE WAITING FOR THE RIGHT TIME TO ANNOUNCE IT

#36 Posted by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio

When War of the Realms erupts this summer, it may start thanks to the events that have been brewing in the pages of Thor for the past several years, but the event's battlegrounds will extend far beyond the borders of Asgard.

When the Dark Elf known as Malekith extends his vision of conquest to Earth, Thor and his compatriots will obviously do their level best to stop him. But with the Rainbow Bridge, aka the Bifrost, having recently been destroyed, Malekith's goal of invading Earth with a minimum of Asgardian interference will come a reality, forcing Earth's various heroes to step up in order to stave off an invasion years in the making.

ADVERTISING

RELATED: Daredevil Is the Man With Asgardian Powers in War of the Realms

“I have been building towards War of the Realms for the entire duration of my Thor run. So we're talking six years and 80-something issues and counting,” Thor writer Jason Aaron said of the event. “This is a war that covers the entire globe and involves the biggest heroes of the Marvel Universe.”

And so it shall. Below, CBR has the exclusive first look at the cover art and solicitation information for four of the War of Realms tie-ins set to debut in April alongside the core miniseries. In addition to issues of Thor and Asgardians of the Galaxy, the X-Men and Punisher will also find themselves battling their own contingents of Dark Elves, frost giants and other Norse creatures and beings.

ADVERTISING

RELATED: War of the Realms: How Marvel's Big Event Will Invade the Earth

WAR OF THE REALMS: PUNISHER #1 (OF 3)

• GERRY DUGGAN (W) • MARCELO FERREIRA (A)
  • Cover by JUAN FERREYRA
  • CONNECTING REALMS VARIANT COVER BY MARKO DJURDJEVIC
  • VARIANT COVER BY TBA
  • VARIANT COVER BY TBA
  • PUNISHER: AVENGER OF MIDGARD!
  • The War of The Realms has brought monsters to the streets of New York City, but New York has a monster all its own…Frank Castle, A.K.A. THE PUNISHER! And he’ll be damned to Hel if he’s going to let a bunch of Ten Realms tin-pot tyrants terrorize his town. But given he’s one man against an army of monsters, Hel might soon have him! The War of Realms is about to meet Marvel’s One Man Army. Expect Punishment!

WAR OF THE REALMS: UNCANNY X-MEN #1 (OF 3)

• MATTHEW ROSENBERG (W) • PERE PEREZ (A)
  • Cover by DAVID YARDIN
  • CONNECTING REALMS VARIANT COVER BY MARKO DJURDJEVIC
  • VARIANT COVER BY WHILCE PORTACIO
  • VARIANT COVER BY John Tyler Christopher
  • The War of the Realms has come to Midgard…and Westchester! Malekith’s forces are invading Earth, and the heroes of Earth are joining with the heroes of Asgard to fight them back! Who better to lead the X-Men into that war than their very own Valkyrie, Dani Moonstar?
  • LEGACY #635

THOR #12

• JASON AARON (W) • MIKE DEL MUNDO (A/C)
  • ASGARDIAN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
  • WAR OF THE REALMS TIE-IN!
  • Fatherly love is not something with which Loki Laufeyson is terribly familiar. Still, you’d think that with the Frost Giants invading New York in Malekith’s WAR OF THE REALMS, he’d find some quality time to spend with dear old deadly Dad. And he will. But not in the way you’d think…

ASGARDIANS OF THE GALAXY #8

• CULLEN BUNN (W) • MATTEO LOLLI (A) • Cover by GERARDO SANDOVAL
  • ASGARDIAN VARIANT COVER BY TBA
  • WAR OF THE REALMS TIE-IN!
  • Bit by bit, the Dark Elf King Malekith has been taking over the Ten Realms. Now at last every realm has fallen save one: Midgard. The invasion has begun, and Earth’s Mightiest Heroes will need all the help they can get. The Asgardians of the Galaxy join the battle for the Tenth Realm!
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

#38 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3687 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: I'm my original comment I was talking about how It was strange that there's wasn't many current ongoing tie ins to infinity wars with the banner lol

#41 Posted by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: I'm my original comment I was talking about how It was strange that there's wasn't many current ongoing tie ins to infinity wars with the banner lol

OHH SORRY THEN I MISREAD THAT LOL

#42 Edited by biswaboxz (3636 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

VENOM #13

CULLEN BUNN (W) • IBAN COELLO (A)

Cover by RYAN STEGMAN

ASGARDIAN VARIANT COVER BY INHYUK LEE

WAR OF THE REALMS TIE-IN!

• The Marvel Comics event of the year makes landfall in the world of the wicked web-slinger as Venom gets swept up in Malekith’s campaign to take over the Ten Realms!

• But Malekith has designs for the sinister symbiote…and they may prove fatal!

@supermanthor: You didn't post this. People should how much BIGGGG is War of Realms. Venom's writer has been changed to Cullen Bunn and it's artist Ryan Stegman was also changed to Iban Coello. I don't know it's permanent or not, but this can be bad news.

#43 Edited by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio

@biswaboxz: OH SORRY I MISSED IT THANKS FOR THE POST

ALSO SH**..... CATES OFF VENOM

............ WHY ?

#44 Posted by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio
#45 Posted by Cull_Obsidian (3687 posts) - - Show Bio

@supermanthor: Yeah I'll be reading, although more excited about donny cates' new guardians of the galaxy comic with the 'Will' of Thanos

#46 Edited by destinyman75 (13604 posts) - - Show Bio

Good God the art is so Horrible for Thor right now Jesus....but hopefully the story will be food and have some nice suprise appearances...

Asgardians of The Galaxy will be cool

#47 Edited by Cognitive (1768 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I'm looking forward to AoTG, but not so much with WoTR. Regardless, if its first few issues prove the series quality, I may give it a try.

#48 Posted by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by Thor_Parker82 (15794 posts) - - Show Bio

Who do you guys think Coulson killed at the end of Avengers #11 ? Or was it #10 ?

#50 Posted by Supermanthor (13647 posts) - - Show Bio