Anyone else tired of Hickman's Avengers?

• 71 results
Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

@waezi2: He already mentioned Mark Waid

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: I think he's too busy right now. In the future however that would be cool, it would nice to see the Marvel heroes stop being jerks to one another. Heck they should give it to Chris Yost, he was the writer for EMH, and I have yet to see the Avengers in the comics act as cool and well rounded as they did in that show.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: Hell yeah he is! he's the hidden gem of Marvel and I absolutely love his work, both on the page, and on the screen. He also helped write Thor the Dark World.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Just your typical indie writer BS with an ego so far up his ass.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@waezi2: A term for writers who have sole control of their creation and started off in the business writing their own comic. Such companies known for being independent include: Image and Top Cow

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By adamTRMM

The Avengers World premise was crappy, felt like it's going to be a fanboy fan service, but New Avengers was pretty good from the beginning. It started to be much more enjoyable with "time is running out" concept and Avengers feud that they absolutely deserved post AvX.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump.

And Cap beating up Tony in a suit of armor? Come on...

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Still butt hurt about your X-men losing. Good.

adamTRMM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By adamTRMM

@tigerkaya:

More like "satisfied". So tell my dear unfriend, how does it feel to see your dearest Avengers be so utterly deconstructed?

That final pages with Tony and Steve... So much love for your fan heart!! <<<3

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adamtrmm: Its interesting actually though I haven't read all of issues but hate to break it to I don't do slash pics. If you like it good for but don't assume it tends to reveal stupidity. But than I'm not an X-fan so fuck off.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tired? I don't think i'll ever recover from this run honestly. Add in New Avengers and i'm honestly not sure if i'll ever be able to look at these characters the same way again. This entire mess has been terrible, making this one of the few times that I truly think a reboot is needed to fix things.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tired? I don't think i'll ever recover from this run honestly. Add in New Avengers and i'm honestly not sure if i'll ever be able to look at these characters the same way again. This entire mess has been terrible, making this one of the few times that I truly think a reboot is needed to fix things.

Its been far from horrible, it not being for you is one thing but its not badly written.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#66  Edited By Yung ANcient One
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#67  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

The problem I had with his run is that he seems so focused on world building that he forgets to focus on the actually characters. One thing I love about The Avengers is seeing my favorite characters coming together, interacting with one another, and working together to fight bad guys. While I like serious and some times complex stories, I honestly prefer good old fashioned superhero stories that don't necessarily span over an entire run.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By waezi2

@war_killer: Me too. A deep story is good from time to time, but I honestly buy comics in order to see the forces of good punching evil in da face.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

@waezi2 said:

@war_killer: Me too. A deep story is good from time to time, but I honestly buy comics in order to see the forces of good punching evil in da face.

Exactly.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher said:

Its been far from horrible, it not being for you is one thing but its not badly written.

What is or isn't badly written and what is or isn't horrible is subjective, and therefore no different than saying whether you think it's for you or not. To me, it's been downright horrible.

@war_killer "ne thing I love about The Avengers is seeing my favorite characters coming together, interacting with one another, and working together to fight bad guys."

Definitely a major weakness of this run and I really could not agree more. I was reminded of it when I rewatched Avengers and Age of Ultron yesterday, that just getting to see these people who are supposed to be the world's greatest heroes coming together as one unit is such a treat. I don't mind a grand story, but events that lose sight of the characters taking part in them don't interest me that often. Then I didn't even really care for the grand story that was being crafted.

KiLlerBLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, i hadn't read any of these recent Avengers books until Secret Wars got me interested. I've never read anything by Hickman before this and I'll say that I'm enjoying it (New Avengers more than Avengers so far) but it is quite dense and a bit convoluted. I find myself not understanding who someone is and just having to roll with it and keep reading.

I'm going through the collected trades of Avengers, New Avengers (I'm only a couple books in on both of those, so 12 issues or so) and I'm thinking of doing Original Sin as well.

I actually like all the team infighting, I like seeing them butted up against a near hopeless situation and watching them deal with it, and I like all the foreshadowing to Secret Wars. Those have been my favorite parts. But again, I'm early on in the story.

Any tips on reading order. Is there a list somewhere? So far I've read one Avengers then one New Avengers and am planning on alternating, so 6 issues of one then move to the other.

And where does Original Sin fit in the timeline? Tony and Steve brought it up somewhere around issue 7 in Avengers, so I was gonna jump into that around now.

Thanks all!