Am I the only one...

Avatar image for thespawnofazazel
thespawnofazazel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

...Who likes the recent avengers assemble tv show?

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like it

CrazyScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 27

I find it pretty entertaining.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

I don't enjoy it

Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pass

AwesomePerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

It's okay if you don't know the comics very well... But I wouldn't recommend it if you're a die hard comic avenger fan...

I just love the fact that they make fun of Hawkeye as an "unknown" avenger... Kinda parodies the movie a bit...

Avatar image for moonlighterstone
Moonlighterstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it was aight.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#8  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

It's fine for a show exclusively marketed towards kids.EMH was so much better

Avatar image for oldnightcrawler
oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

It's fine for a show exclusively marketed towards kids.EMS was so much better

pretty much this.

I like AA's less stylized animation style better, and it's version of Black Widow, but in every other regard I think EMH was better.

but then, EMH was probably the best marvel cartoon ever, so it's kind of hard to judge this one on it's own merits without comparing the two.

Jack Donaghy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked EMH better but I still really like this show too.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@oldnightcrawler said:

@avenging_x_bolt said:

It's fine for a show exclusively marketed towards kids.EMS was so much better

pretty much this.

I like AA's less stylized animation style better, and it's version of Black Widow, but in every other regard I think EMH was better.

but then, EMH was probably the best marvel cartoon ever, so it's kind of hard to judge this one on it's own merits without comparing the two.

THis and THIS.

I am always surprised that oldnightcrawler has a post that expresses exactly how I feel. When is your birthday my doode? (+)

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: cool. I'm even surprised when they express exactly how I feel. :v

oh, 28/02/80; Pisces if you're into that mumbo-jumbo

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: cool. I'm even surprised when they express exactly how I feel. :v

oh, 28/02/80; Pisces if you're into that mumbo-jumbo

Yup. I honestly prefer the art style on Avengers Assemble way more than on EMH but besides that EMH stomps completely. And yeah that is funny that you're a Pisces cuz I'm into that mumbo-jumbo and it claims we are both Water Signs. Each sing is connected to an element. There are 12 signs and 4 elements. Therefore, there are always 3 signs that are connected to one element. We both water. I just find it funny is all. (+)

oldnightcrawler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yup. I honestly prefer the art style on Avengers Assemble way more than on EMH but besides that EMH stomps completely. And yeah that is funny that you're a Pisces cuz I'm into that mumbo-jumbo and it claims we are both Water Signs. Each sing is connected to an element. There are 12 signs and 4 elements. Therefore, there are always 3 signs that are connected to one element. We both water. I just find it funny is all. (+)

yeah, I know. I don't really believe in astrology, but I studied it pretty extensively for years when I was learning symbolism in art school and reading Alan Moore comics.

It's fascinating and powerful stuff, I just don't feel comfortable projecting it onto actual people anymore..

so what are you, Scorpio?

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Yung ANcient One

yeah, I know. I don't really believe in astrology, but I studied it pretty extensively for years when I was learning symbolism in art school and reading Alan Moore comics.

It's fascinating and powerful stuff, I just don't feel comfortable projecting it onto actual people anymore..

so what are you, Scorpio?

Nope. I am a Cancer. I'm not sure about projecting it onto people but I do like to study it with people. Like, I enjoy comparing what the horoscope says and how people actually act. I just keep it in mind and compare what it says to what is going on. Sometimes I feel like what the horoscopes say is true, sometimes I think it is a lie, but it is always in the back of my mind.

My biggest thing is connection though whenever I have a good or strong connection with someone I am very much interested in knowing if they are a rock(Earth) or a water sign. (+)

Flavalon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Flavalon

Never saw it :(

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I got to see a few of them.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#18  Edited By JakeN7
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

It's okay but people need to stop bringing up EMH .I know it's good but it's gone , deal with it.

Psy_chrometer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

My kids like it. I preferred EMH. My 5 year old son more often than not still picks out his EMH dvds to watch.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate it

Lightblaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some are ok.

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

its too dull.

Jmarshmallow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HaveAtThee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It started out horribly but became halfway decent toward the end of the season. The dialogue is rather atrocious, though.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

It's good for kids under the age of 10. But I would rather watch EMH. The plots were better constructive in that series.

VoloErgoMalus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By VoloErgoMalus

I go through pretty much the same rant every time the comparison is made. Here's the abridged version:

In my opinion, EMH is superior to Assemble in virtually every way.

Whatever Avengers Assemble's target audience was, it doesn't excuse the show's blatant mediocrity in all things. It's an oppressively vapid display to the point of being an insult to the audience. I watched the entire first season. Oh dear, what a waste of time...

Earth's Mightiest Heroes, on the other hand, was a joy. I was thrilled with almost every character adaptation. The EMH status quo was dynamic through the long term; decisions and mistakes made by characters had consequences that affected their relationships and standings with other characters permanently, whereas in Assemble, the world was more or less reset every episode, The Simpsons style (intentional stagnation).

EMH shared many storylines with the comics, but it's also important to remember that it's ethos reflected credit on Marvel Comics. Episodes like "Along Came a Spider" and "Destroyer" proved that EMH was more than a hollow light show. The characters were stripped of their lofty reputation, their respectability, even their super powers themselves, but always found the heart to stand against evil, even in the face of certain death. That which makes the Avengers heroes is not mere power, but an overriding desire to do right by their fellow man.

This is further evidenced by the regular humans in the show like Jane Foster, Maria Hill and Clay Quartermain, who represent the single most important and powerful bulwark against threats to civilization: humanity itself. How can the Avengers hope to "do right" if they themselves have no ideal of morality to strive towards? Outside the team's roster are exemplars of personal bravery and conviction, the likes of which precede the Avengers by millennia, and will survive them by millennia more.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

PurePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fabulosity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hahaha...yeah!!

batmite1995

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aemh is far better. Seriously marvel canceled spectacular spiderman, aemh and xmen!for this crap like hulk and aa

FanboyAsylum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Iron Man is the leader and that's just unacceptable.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jaken7 said:
No Caption Provided

Hey, watch the language or you're banned.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I hate it

killraven4334

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By killraven4334
@jaken7 said:
No Caption Provided

maybe not on this issue, but hes clearly superior to some troll who would waste the time to make or use something as pointless as this. relish in your inferiority troll and keep projecting your own world view onto others, just because you are not a free thinking unique individual do not presume everyone else shares your shortcomings

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hulk340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like the show.

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Just to get this out of the way EMH is IMO, a work of genius perfectly blending the mainstream comics, movies and ultimate universe. Season 1 doesn't have a single bad episode and Season 2's Secret Invasion stuff was tense, exciting, surprising and all around excellent (baring the ending). It was perfectly written, perfectly acted (baring Drake Bell's redub of Spider-Man, IMO) and the only complaints I have is the fact that Scarlet Witch didn't join the team before the end, and Nick Fury just becoming Samuel L Jackson by Season 2.

To answer your question however, Avengers Assembled to me... is 90% of the time a subpar 90's TV show and the remaining 10% of the time it is... ok. Sometimes you get a good episode like Hulked Out Heroes (mostly because I think Fred Tatasciore's Hulk is unequalled and Laura Bailey is 1 of my favorite VA's ever and her Black Widow is decent), but mostly I think the episodes are mostly "Interesting premise, bland and forgettable execution). Plus I hate the fact that the team is a sausage fest.