xerox-kitty's Old Fan Art: Storm

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

Edited By xerox_kitty

When people were voting for me as Community Starlet, I was trying to bribe them to change their votes.  In all honesty, it was something I still don't feel that I deserved to win.  I wanted to feel like I had done enough for the community to earn your thanks.  Among the various promises I was making to un-buy votes was some Contests (which has already begun! ;) and some of my old Fan Art.  So (as you can tell) I'm trying to retro-actively earn the title of Community Starlet. 

As such, I present to you my very VERY old drawing of the Weather Witch, Storm

No Caption Provided
Ooooh, yeah...  She's a mutant, alright.  With the ability to extend & distort her body beyond comprehension!  ;)   

I know that this was based on an actual comic image, but it' been so long that I can't remember what the original image was.   

To be fair, this drawing is about 14 years old.  When I drew it I didn't have much of an idea of proportions or the way that the human body was constructed (not that I do, now).  And funnier still, when I spotted this picture in Storm's gallery the other day I felt immensely better with my effort.  I was drawing Storm like a mutant-giraffe hybrid long before the professionals!  ;) 
Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

14 years old! 
Wow, how you manage to keep your art intact amazes me!
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty
@Doctor!!!!!: It was with a bunch of Jim Lee images I'd traced by holding the comics up to the window.  They were all in a file with old bills.  I'm not sure why I kept something so nostalgic with dusty old bills... But it was a nice surprise to find them again :)
Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By Aiden Cross

I could've been bribed?! Curses... I should've known that :p

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By SC  Moderator

Awwwh, thats great X-K lol, thank you for sharing. I sort of regret that I destroyed/killed all my old art. I would always get annoyed with how bad it was, but now i have a kid sister trying to learn how to draw and heaping a lot of pressure on herself, I wish I could show her I use to suck a whole lot more back when I first started. Then having progression pieces.  

Still, thats a pretty interesting pose there, beautiful tone work with highlights and shadows too! All the intricate details like her headpiece are perfect!  

I would rather buy that (your) piece of original art than a certain other X-Men artist who lives on Land I presume. *cough*  

Are you going to enter your own competition? 0_o

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Caligula
@xerox-kitty: wow. Xerox, why don't you compete in the Show-Offs here. I mean the Art community here is kind of on the forgotten side, the Artist-Showoff forum, feels like a completely different world. We would love for you to be a part of it with us... we are like a close knit brothehood, we are Legion. :D

I sincerely hope to see more art from you.
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty
@Aiden Cross: You were bribed!  But we ended up discussing Holland & Hawaii instead ;) 

@SC: I have strong memories or sitting at the patio window throughout the summer holidays & tracing Ghostbusters comics & moving on to larger-sized X-Men comics.  While I don't remember drawing Storm here, I'm sure I copied it free-hand.  Perhaps you could offer your sister some comic art to help inspire her? 

@Caligula: Thanks!  But I haven't drawn in over a decade.  I can't imagine what to draw without ripping off poses from other comic art.  But there are a couple more to follow  :)   

Oh, and no... I'm not entering my own Contest.  It's better to just host it... and I don't want the prize ;)
Sonata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Sonata
@xerox-kitty:  That is impressive, that shading is very nice:)
A_O_N

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By A_O_N

Nice job! Storm looks a little anorexic but awesome pose nonetheless. 

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By TypingKira

Wao, that's really nice Kitty, you're a way better inker/shader than me! Or were. . . anyway, good job! 

@Caligula: He's right, you should pop over to the show-off forum .

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By sora_thekey

My my my! Our CV's own kitty is more talented than she's led on!

shawn87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 602

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By shawn87

wow thats pretty awesome

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

Pretty Impressive Kitty :-)...for not drawing professionally and it being 14 years old I think you detailed and shaded it very well. 
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By tonis
@xerox-kitty: I like her body like that, she's like a super model.
another great look into the secret past of xerox-kitty. 

by the way, you're probably the most qualified starlet candidate EVER, no IF, ANDS, or BUTS about it :)
Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

#14  Edited By Hawkeye446
@xerox-kitty: 
This is really good, I understand that previous message now! 

@SC said:

"Awwwh, thats great X-K lol, thank you for sharing. I sort of regret that I destroyed/killed all my old art. I would always get annoyed with how bad it was, but now i have a kid sister trying to learn how to draw and heaping a lot of pressure on herself, I wish I could show her I use to suck a whole lot more back when I first started. Then having progression pieces.   Still, thats a pretty interesting pose there, beautiful tone work with highlights and shadows too! All the intricate details like her headpiece are perfect!   I would rather buy that (your) piece of original art than a certain other X-Men artist who lives on Land I presume. *cough*   Are you going to enter your own competition? 0_o " 

Haha, Smooth.

@tonis
said:

" @xerox-kitty: I like her body like that, she's like a super model.another great look into the secret past of xerox-kitty.  by the way, you're probably the most qualified starlet candidate EVER, no IF, ANDS, or BUTS about it :) "

This. :D
xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By xerox_kitty
@TypingKira: @THUNDERBOLT30: @Sonata: Thanks but I just copied the image, including the shading so I can't take credit for it really :)

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#16  Edited By kiss_lamia
@xerox-kitty:  Great old school storm xerox-kitty :) anychance of a mohawk storm hehe :D
Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By Uncanny_XFactor

I know this is old, but I love that picture! Great job!