Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
#1 Edited by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

Hello folks! Uncanny X-Factor here, some of you have seen my Iron Panther, well, I just want to make one collective thread for my art. Especially since @egod did the same for his art, and it got such good responses. If you like it, check it out here! I'll update everytime any of my art is added anywhere. (I also take requests for Marvel content and original characters, so if you want, I'll give it a shot. So, with this in mind, here's my very first two images, w/ backstories:

#2 Edited by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

First, I drew up a Black Panther in an Iron Man-like-suit for @wolvigambit, and it turned out better than expected, so I thought I'd post it here. Here's the image and the description.

No Caption Provided

So, I traced the cover of Black Panther Vol 4 35. I took my initial inspiration from this Batman figure.

I took a bunch of random elements, but to break it down:

• Black Panther's head with Iron Man's eyes.
  • Gloves from that Batman figure.
  • Feet shrunken from Hulkbuster.
  • Forgot where the shoulder pads are from, but another IM armor.
  • The rest was taken from the Mk 3 Stealth Armor.
  • Color scheme was inspired by that Batman figure, tried to keep it mostly black so as to be recognizable as BP.

In retrospect, it looks a bit much like Black Panther as War Machine, but I'm quite proud of it. Hope everyone else digs it too!

The second was for Character Creation Contest #82, the goal being to create a sidekick of a sidekick. Naturally, I thought of my favorite hero, Spidey. But he didn't have any sidekicks, did he? Well, in my frame of mind, Spider-Kid, aka Ollie Osnick counts! So, here's his sidekick: Spider, the Armored Arachnid!

Spider: the Armored Arachnid

History

No Caption Provided

Richard “Richie” Brancale was the son of Doctor Octopus and the Stunner. He was conceived in the virtual reality plane before his mother entered a coma, but born in-between realms. He was put up for adoption, and thus hated his parents. He was adopted by an unknown couple, and found a life of trouble: nothing more than mischief, but it still satisfied him. Hearing about his mother’s coma, he decided he did not hate his mother, and attempted to stop her. However, he was crushed before he could get a chance to reason with her, losing the use of his legs. He was fitted with prosthesis (enhanced with StarkTech due to the fact that Stunner was the villain of a fellow Avenger, and he felt sympathy), but the deepest paralysis was inside Richie’s confidence.

Recalling his childhood days of mischief, he sought happiness in causing chaos, but always ended up in jail. His parents gave him up, and he lost everything. He decided to seek redemption, but not by taking revenge. He wanted to atone for himself and his life. Not ready to yet deal with his father, who he somehow knew was in control of Spider-Man’s body, he sought one who had been tutored under Spider-Man. This brought him to the doorstep of Oliver Osnick, the former Steel Spider. Sympathizing with the young man, he gave him a smaller, more advanced version of his Steel Spider armor, and began training him as a superhero under the moniker of Spider: the Armored Arachnid.

Powers

Natural Powers: Enhanced strength, speed, stamina, and durability, inherited from his mother, and latent telepathy from his father. It manifests uncontrollably, and is painful to Richie, but is somewhat helped by the suit. Combining the suit’s abilities and his own, he is capable of controlling spiders.

Spider Suit: Adhesion, invisibility, bulletproof, simulated spider-sense through radar tech, gliding, webbing, super-perception, and self-sustenance.

Others: Prosthetics enable super-leaping, and he managed to take the tentacles from his deceased father’s body.

Notes

He has a complex set of emotions, hating his father and wanting to help his mother, based on their views of Spider-Man, these views conflict with each other.

He considers Oliver Osnick an uncle.

Him having the same name as Peter Parker’s father is just a coincidence, or is it?

This was my first contest entry, tell me what you think!

All comments welcome!

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
#3 Posted by Yung ANcient One (5308 posts) - - Show Bio

The first artwork is cool. The second one.... ehhh. I mean, we already had Superior Spider and his costume was DOPE. (+)

#4 Posted by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

@Yung_ANcient_One :Thank you very much. The contest required a hand-drawn image within the time of the competition. Besides, it takes place in 616 continuity, and I can't just have him taking his dad's costume. But thanks again.

#5 Posted by BumpyBoo (14778 posts) - - Show Bio

So cool you started your own dedicated thread! ^___^

#6 Posted by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Well, like I said before, my idols here, such as you and @egod have them, I'm gonna have a lot of art, so I need a place to keep them organized. @frischdvh and @payno could use such threads also, but what can you do?

What do you think of the art? :D

#7 Posted by wolvigambit (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Love the spiderman character

#8 Edited by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

Requested by the amazing @batkevin74, he wanted a "mash-up" of Hank Pym as Spider-Man for his Mashed-Up Origin of Spider-Man. Giving me the modern Giant-Man costume, here's the tracing I churned out: what does everybody think?

No Caption Provided

#10 Posted by BumpyBoo (14778 posts) - - Show Bio

Requested by the amazing @batkevin74, he wanted a "mash-up" of Hank Pym as Spider-Man for his Mashed-Up Origin of Spider-Man. Giving me the modern Giant-Man costume, here's the tracing I churned out: what does everybody think?

No Caption Provided

NICE!!! :D

#11 Posted by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Anbu_B_Team (748 posts) - - Show Bio
#13 Posted by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Anbu_B_Team (748 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

@anbu_b_team: Funny, I thought that was my worst, for lack of originality. But thank you very much.

#16 Edited by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

Requested by the incredible @tparks, he wanted to see Rhino with the Venom symbiote. Being a Spidey fan, how could I not toss my hat in the ring? (On a similar note, anybody else want to see him get the symbiote?)

No Caption Provided

Here he is, I traced Ultimate Rhino and used the redesigned suit of Nathan Nelson (Google it, it's awesome.) What does everyone think?

Edit: managed to churn out a second one this afternoon! Yay! For Amalgam Contest 93, we had to merge Aquaman, Lobo, and Superior Spider-Man (or any combo thereof). So, here's the Superior Aqua-Spider!

No Caption Provided

The design was chosen very carefully...using the main colors from both costumes. Look close in the spider logo, and the silhouette of Aquaman's new logo is there. Green extra spider mimicking the webbing. Gold and red do well, had a bit of trouble with the black.

Powers: basic Spidey powers, adhesion, hydrokinesis, water force fields, danger sense, and total animal telepathy. There's a type of spider called the diving bell spider that lives in water by making a bubble, that's his inspiration. Kinda Golden-Agey, and based off the cover to Superior Spider-Man 14. What does anybody think?

#17 Posted by RedDeadJoker (248 posts) - - Show Bio

@uncanny_xfactor, I am interested in seeing some photos and scans of your pencilled work (no colors) if you do hand draw that is.

#18 Edited by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

I could provide some, the Aqua Spider was hand drawn. Are you interested in me drawing something for you?

No Caption Provided

Edit: Here's a work for @waezi2. Kaptajn Sejr, known in English as Captain Victory. Carrying the utmost in Danish pride, he has all the abilities of the golden-age Superman (taken from Wikipedia as super strength, super speed, super senses (including telescopic vision, x-ray vision, superhuman hearing, microscopic vision), invulnerability, super breath, and super-jumping)!

I can tell the facial features are rather primitive. I feel bad about it. (side-note: traced from a Martian Manhunter) Aside from that, what does anybody think?

#19 Posted by BumpyBoo (14778 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Thank you very much, it was completely traced from Martian Manhunter. I can take none of the claim.

#21 Posted by RedDeadJoker (248 posts) - - Show Bio

@uncanny_xfactor: I was merely curious. upon further examination I can tell aqua spider was handdrawn, but the style you color in makes it looks a bit like it was made digitally. My advice to you is to keep practicing, like alot, thats what lectures in school are for lol.

#22 Posted by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I color it digitally. It's the best way to go. And I'm definitely going to keep it up.

#23 Posted by BumpyBoo (14778 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Wow, thank you.

Edit: I have a friend at school whose nickname is the Destroyer (not a violent kid, he came up with it for different reasons). I saw potential in this, so I asked him if I could draw a superhero based on him and use it for my universe if he remained anonymous. He eagerly agreed, requesting I use the colors blue and red. (Cliche, but I made it work.)

So, here's the Destroyer! A child actor, he was recruited for the Liberty League after his mutant powers developed. He's also an honorary member of the Warriors. I cooked up two different flavors (the one with the hoodie to avoid making him look like Superman too much). So, he has super-strength, durability, stamina, flight, heat vision (sometimes), energy bending, minor matter manipulation/destruction, and the ability to self-combust (like Nitro). Here's the sketches, I hope I made the real Destroyer proud. :D

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Design notes: Base was traced from a Superman, I wanted Ultimate Cap-like boots, a clever D-logo, and exposed hands/face. He's strong, but not a jock in real life (in fact, that's about the only thing he isn't). The hoodie was added for more red, and is sometimes worn, but not always. Not technically a part of the costume, but the public still recognizes him in it.

Thoughts? :D

#25 Posted by Cutter (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice...I can see your improvement getting closer.

#26 Posted by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

@cutter: Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

#27 Edited by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Hoo-boy, was this one hard. I was messaged by @The_Deathstroker, and requested I draw a character for him named Alexander Wolffe. Sad story, he was basically in a mutant camp, and now leads a resistance against it. His powers are incredible durability (practically invulnerable), and telekinesis/telepathy, both of which are hard for him to use. The costume was basically a mix of movie Bane and Punisher, this took about a week of conception and two hours of creation, who likes it?

#28 Edited by BumpyBoo (14778 posts) - - Show Bio

@uncanny_xfactor: I like it! I like the pose and perspective in this one, very nice :)

#29 Posted by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

It was traced from a DA Punisher, and thanks so much!

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
#30 Posted by The_Deathstroker (8094 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Deathstroker: I'm so happy you like it. I'm quite proud of it as well, I hope you put it to good use.

#32 Edited by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

@joewell wanted an RPG character some time ago, and since I've been checking the old forums, I offered to draw it. He accepted. So here's the Crystal Crusader: diamond-hard skin, enhanced strength, and healing factor. It was traced from a Damian Wayne Robin with a new logo. What does anyone think? Check here for more if you like the character.

No Caption Provided

Edit: Banged out another one! There was an old request by @johnjoe66for a Silver Surfer wielding the Nega- and Quantum Bands, Mjolnir, the Uni-Power, and the Spirit of Vengeance. So, here's my rendition. Traced a Silver Surfer, what do you all think?

#33 Posted by BumpyBoo (14778 posts) - - Show Bio

I like your use of colour in these last two :)

#34 Edited by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Thank you very much. I had a blast with both of these, but the Surfer was particularly interesting.

No Caption Provided

Alright, this next one was my first, let's say "silly" challenge. @ghost_runner wanted to see someone draw the Hulk in She-Hulk's costume. I know what you're thinking: that would look ridiculous. And it does. I traced a Capcom Hulk and added the baseline She-Hulk costume that was requested. I think it's a good kind of goofy, and I'm going to continue the costume, but not gender, swap. Next will be Spidey in Spider-Woman's costume. ;)

No Caption Provided

Edit: Boom, I managed to churn out two in two days! Not bad, all things considering. The brilliant @batkevin74 allowed me to draw the Thor featured in his Mashed-Up Origin. Check it out, it's a good read. Long story short, it's Thor with Daredevil's powers in addition to his own. Quite an excellent twist. Anyways, here's Thor! I traced him from an MAA Thor, and kinda screwed up on his left hand. Otherwise, I think it's not bad, what does anybody else think?

#35 Edited by RedDeadJoker (248 posts) - - Show Bio

When coloring I would suggest using a multiply layer, If you aren't already. I predict you will get a much cleaner result.

As seen here.

click here for tutorial

by the way your artwork is improving steadily

#36 Edited by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

@reddeadjoker: The coloring software I use doesn't have that capability. But thanks very much for the idea and the compliment, I'll keep them both in mind.

No Caption Provided

Here's a first for me, not a drawing. The brilliant @batkevin74 asked for an image of his Mashed-Up Origins Ms. Marvel. It's awesome, I hope everyone reads it. In case you don't, though, with a Fantastic Four team who never got to make the flight and became Hulks, Carol gets the powers of the canon 4. He requested I make her look like Super-Skrull but not Skrully. So what I did was add an appropriate Carol head over the Skrull's, erased the showing tip of his ear, and edited the purple to be skin-color. Thoughts anyone?

#37 Posted by batkevin74 (15368 posts) - - Show Bio

This is cool, good work

#38 Posted by RedDeadJoker (248 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: Thank you very much.

@reddeadjoker: I color using pixlr.com Everything else is hand-done.

No Caption Provided

Here's a new work for someone from my native site, Marvel Fanon. She wanted a character with blue morpho butterfly wings and a very specific uniform. She loved it. :) Traced from an Ultimate Wasp, what does anyone think?

#40 Posted by RedDeadJoker (248 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Edited by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

@reddeadjoker: Hmm. I might like for you to teach me, if you can. Definitely open to learning how. :)

No Caption Provided

Alright, here's another commission for my friends back at my home website. My buddy M has a really cool universe (named AlternEarth) that's similar to 616, but everyone's really altered (for example, Psylocke is French, Beast is British, Iron Man is a repulsor being, and Hawkeye is the daughter of Clint Barton, who was only a Senator in this universe). It's definitely worth a look-see. Anyways, his Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch are African, so he requested an Aborigine-like Quicksilver. Here goes, traced from a Quicksilver, what does anybody think? M was quite fond of it. :)

#42 Posted by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Here's something I churned out for the current Amalgam Contest (#94). The challenge was to merge Night Thrasher and Firestorm. Looks to me like I made a pyrokinetic goalie. Oh well. I'm going to make an OC villain out of this that has enhanced agility, pyrokinetic constructs, umbrakinesis, and telepathic immunity. Anybody like? :)

#43 Edited by RedDeadJoker (248 posts) - - Show Bio

Here are some images that are a tutorial of sorts

First create a new layer for whatever color you are using.
First create a new layer for whatever color you are using.

In your layers window click the box with the two arrows in the bottom left corner. Then click on
In your layers window click the box with the two arrows in the bottom left corner. Then click on "Mode" and scroll down to Multiply.

with that layer selected you can make a selection on your artwork (I reccomend a polygonal lasso to block out colors) and fill with a color. you can erase or add more color untill you fill the desired area with color.
with that layer selected you can make a selection on your artwork (I reccomend a polygonal lasso to block out colors) and fill with a color. you can erase or add more color untill you fill the desired area with color.
No Caption Provided

This is a somewhat rough tutorial, but I think you will understand what I am trying to communicate here. I predict a significant change in the quality of your work if you use multiply layers.

#44 Edited by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

I get stuck at the second step, I can open that mode window, but it doesn't let me scroll down or alter it at all.

#45 Posted by RedDeadJoker (248 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Edited by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

@reddeadjoker: My computer sometimes has similar issues.

No Caption Provided

Here's a traced (from a Human Torch fanart) image of my OC Inferno! Anyone like it?

#47 Edited by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

Here's my entry to the 91st Costume Contest: the subject of redesign, Iron Man! He's been in black and gold, and red and gold, time for some red and black. Anybody approve of his new duds?

#48 Posted by Cutter (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad Not bad. I pretty much like them all. Keep with your learning that I can see you there.

#49 Posted by Uncanny_XFactor (921 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you very much, @cutter, for the words of inspiration.

On a separate note, I've directed you to the new project replacing this forum. You'll still get to see all of my new work, so I hope you enjoy.