SPIDERMAN and MORBIUS (separate drawings)

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RamsIllustrations
No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Havent had time to draw as of late, sometimes life has a way of interrupting the creativity flow and we need to deal with stressful situations head on.

Trying to get some sequentials going but keep getting interrupted. Found a little time and drew these to keep things loose and ready when its time to sit down and really pay attention to the story telling aspect of things.

The sketch I had of Morbius is him on a ledge propping himself up off the wall behind him. Not sure when I will get that part inked.

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nice work overall. Morbius looks cool but his face looks a little werewolf-like.

And I think maybe reduce the size of Spider Man's chest and back a little. His torso looks a bit too massive IMO.

Still, good art.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverinebatmanftw:

At the angle I have the torso. the chest tends to look bigger, he is leaning forward a bit so the torsos foreshortening is slightly apparent with the abs showing slightly less, its not a dramatic bend. Anymore forward bending or also just as if he was angled backwards the chest would diminish in size. The ratio is about 50/50, chest/ab on the torso when you look at it straight on. Many men have smaller chests but we are also talking superhuman chests of heroes. Highly fit anatomy.

Spideys form isnt as large and roid looking as lets say The Hulk or Luke cage but he is athletic in build and he has been drawn super skinny or more athletic and thicker depending on the artist. Superhero's form are not human in a sense so the proportions arent either. Its a stylistic illusion. Look around, you have many references on your own profile images, each artist is really off on something. I try my best to get it within boundaries but your judgement is only on my warm up drawings.

I do understand its your own opinion but you need to realize somethings are just nit picking. Takes the fun out of posting. MY version of Mobius isnt set in stone I have drawn him several times and sometimes with a full nose. I draw for fun to see what I get. Its not always going to be the version you are looking for, just mine. Eventually i will have a definitive look to any character if I was drawing for a publisher, right now its fan art and I can interpret it how I want.

Below I have some examples, I found plenty but it was kinda grossing (hairy men) me out to make my point so I limited it to one torso and also the Mobius style I was choosing to go with. Yes, lots of men have huge chest like the one I drew. :p

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Avatar image for deactivated-60758db60e021
deactivated-60758db60e021

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@ramsillustrations:

All fair points, and yes it was my own nitpicking. Your work looks really good, man!

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wolverinebatmanftw:

Thanks I know you mean that and I appreciate it.

Its mostly just practice and I go with the flow not being particularly worried about getting the little details right. I focus on faces and anatomy and whatever the character becomes I use that to identify the image.

At other times I really do focus on an idea and pay a lot more attention to everything so the viewer will relate.