• 88 results
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

Edited By SC  Moderator

Once upon a time, in a place where oranges and green apples were like gold and silver and Gold and Silver were the names of two pirates conjoined at the hip, sort of technically making them only one Pirate - as far as legalities go, there was a little boy who was lonely and sad. All the boys and girls and teachers at school teased him, and his parents would laugh and throw hammers at his feet and elbows. Even the mail man use to sneak into his window late at night and then punch him in the face. This little boy had a good heart though and an optimistic perspective and outlook. He decided he would buy some pencils and draw all sorts of weird and cool, and pretty art for all the people he liked. He would change the world with his art, he would try to make the world a better place. At least he might have. I tripped him up, stomped on his foot and hand breaking both, and then stole his box of pencils. With those stolen pencils I randomly stabbed pieces of paper hoping to cure my lazy boredom. The following is the consequences of that boredom (and act of violence)  RIP random kid whose box of pencils I stole. Sunset, Dragon, Snow, Flower.  

Wonder Woman
Wonder Woman
This is probably the best color (colour) piece of artwork I have. Done. Ever. Like all the pictures I draw this was done for someone (someone pretty amazing and cool) I am a pretty big fan of Wonder Woman as well so I had more than a few reasons to try and make this one not absolutely horrible. I don't think it looks as much like Diana as I would have liked. I think I did the eyebrows wrong. i guess thats my fault for using characters from Gossip Girl as reference lol - more seriously I sort of just wanted a strong, confident, calm looking Wonder Woman looking down at us the view, sort of like a serene protector cradling the world in her hands type theme. Powerful without being aggressive? Strong without being violent? Still, I think maybe I made her look too calm. Maybe needs more of an aggressive smile. Anyway - background is unfinished, but didn't want to overcomplicated the picture. Was thinking of adding some marble angels or gods or etc etc  This is an original piece (though I did not design this cool variation outfit of Wonder Woman's)  

Oh, coloured in a computer digital art software called GIMP - no really, I am not making that up - its free and its like a free cheap poor man's version of Photoshop. I recommend it though if you like free stuff. 

Rikku
Rikku

Vaniile 
Vaniile 
Okay, well above aren't original drawings - they are characters from Final Fantasy game series - I really just drew them from game booklets. lol So not much to talk about creative process wise. I take ages to draw as well, oh and naturally both of above are for a friend - coincidentally one that loves both above characters. Both characters (Rikku and Vanille) are pretty tough despite their stature, super fiery and feisty, warm, loyal, funny, intelligent, creative etc etc etc OR did I just describe the person I drew them for? Who knows... also by the way, I don't personally recommend learning from drawing from magazines, Google images etc  unless you balance that with learning from observation and anatomy books. Way cooler, and better to foster your own unique style.  

Nocturne
Nocturne
This one is for one of, if not my best friend, and probably the best pencil sketch I have done. Ever. I prefer working with pencils. I love 4B and 6B pencils. I use the tip of an eraser to shade, blend, smudge because I don't have the skill or patience to shade the proper way lol - and yah, even though I am a huge Exiles - Nocturne and Nightcrawler fan, I ended up screwing up how many fingers she has. (only should have two fingers and one thumb) but man, how do you like.. even use a computer with only four fingers? Maybe somethings man was never meant to know. Anyway, was hard finding a good reference of Talia's tan/brown uniform she wore, so I sort of complied, added a few variations of the one she had. Also way out of my comfort zone drawing a character with no clear visible pupils. Ugh, anyway, the fun in drawing superhero characters yes? All sorts of interesting challenges. Cool character for a cool and amazing person. 

Okay, anyway, I wanted to create/make an art thread - mainly because I have lots of drawings I have done and will invariably do for many here at CV - and all of it will probably be put here, and most of it is going to be much worse than above to be honest lol - uhm, thank you for randomly finding your way here?!?! 

The following few smaller thumbnails are of assorted random pieces, sketches, doodles. Not all of it is original - rule of thumb, if it looks good I probably copied it from a cover or panel lol - below X-23 pic is by Mike Choi originally, Girl With a Dragon Tattoo - that is the cover of shockingly The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo book. Oh, and that Emma was for a CV Emma contest and... Nightwing was for a dear friends Birthday and... Serafina was for a good friend as well. (is unfinished currently) 

Oh, and lastly but not least, thank you to Tonis, Roxanne, M.S Feather, Hawkeye, Mr Unknown, Cosmo, theGoldenOne, Dark Huntress, Purps, Rogue Marie, Typing Kira, THB, Lykopis, RT, and any and all (if I didn't mention you it was because I didn't want to embarrass you with association with me lol) who have been nice and complimentary, supportive and encouraging towards me/any paper I defiled with my attempts at art, even if it was just a nice/kind word. Very appreciated
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By SC  Moderator

Reserved

Avatar image for victoriancuckoo
victoriancuckoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By victoriancuckoo

love wonder woman with a Canadian leaf!

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By SC  Moderator
@victoriancuckoo said:
love wonder woman with a Canadian flag!

*Smile* thank you. Wonder Woman is generally pretty cool, and Canada is pretty cool as well generally so....  

Thank you for posting. 
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By tonis

@SC: damn man, as always when I see your work I'm finding my jaw drop. So much impact with the lights and shadows, and every lady looks beautiful and has a look in their eyes like there glowing bright.

I have to think you must have had some photography influence in your background, or it really just comes natural but it certainly shows in how you render your characters.

Either way I hope you keep adding beauties like these to the vine world cause this is what I really love to see :)

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#5  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

tis veeeeery good

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By Billy Batson

awesome work
you should have put a "T" in the other bracelet though *smile*
BB

DomDom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By DomDom

Beautiful work! Just Gorgeous! =) 
Keep it up!
thehummingbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By thehummingbird

Awwww just awww awwwww awwwww -draws pictures of SC drawing a picture and then writes letter of how amazing his art is and then writes another note about how adorable vanille is getting distracted- 0_0 JUst awww and thank you..

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@SC:

Great work, SC!

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Daveyo520

I will not stand for your pro Canadian propaganda!

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#11  Edited By kiss_lamia
@SC:  Yay you finally posted them WOOP go SC :D my faves of yours are X-23, Nocturne and Emma's Costume change :D *PENCIL FIGHT ONGARDE*  ROFL :P
azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By azza04

Amazing.

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By jordama

How are you not a professional artist?

madrid_san

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By madrid_san  Online

@victoriancuckoo: I also love the Canadian Flag on her ;) what parts you guys from assuming you're both Canadian haha

Great work SC I've not seen any previous work (if any) but I'm impressed with the sketches and coloured work! ;)

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#16  Edited By InnerVenom123

Amazing work!

cattlebattle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cattlebattle

awesome work.....you are really good at drawing hair

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#18  Edited By Samimista

You drew these? These are amazing! You're very talented. I love the Final Fantasy ones especially of Rikku.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By IcePrince_X

Cool works of art!

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 15

#20  Edited By cosmo111687

Catastrophes? Please, SC, don't be so ridiculous. These are gorgeous!

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CATPANEXE

Excellent art, excellent writing, excellent you. No other way to put it since it's already a well known universal law (The Law Of SC).

@SC said:

(if I didn't mention you it was because I didn't want to embarrass you with association with me lol)

Just in case I don't associate myself with myself for fear of embarrassment (of either of me or myself *_@) so that would just cancel out in my case(or my case).

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By SC  Moderator
@tonis:  *red* Woah, Tonis, its so freaky like how you know I did some photography lol (high school) yah, it really does. I love light/shade and playing around with them. I know you are probably the same based on your art too! *smile* 

Thank you for the all too kind words. Oh, and that thing with the eyes, yeah.. that would be lack of souls. All my drawings.. they have no souls? Thats what the glowing bright is? Either that all my drawings are about to go Super Saiyan?  

0_0  

@spiderbat87 said:
tis veeeeery good

*is humbled* Thank you spiderbat87!! When the aliens come, I'll put you on the list of humans that should be priority on the secret massive, luxurious spaceships out of here.  

@Billy Batson said:

awesome work
you should have put a "T" in the other bracelet though *smile*
BB

Ooohhhh lol thats actually a really, really good idea! lol  

Thanks Billy, I appreciate your posting and kind words and smile, *grin*   

Now I have a strange compulsion to draw Gorillaz/Captain Marvel Family amalgamations... 

@DomDom said:
Beautiful work! Just Gorgeous! =) Keep it up!

Thank you, thank you DomDom!! I know, and am a fan, and admire and appreciate your work, so your encouragement means a lot!  

@Roxanne Starr:  Thank you Roxanne!! You know i am still spinning in circles about how to draw Midge? I mean.. very hard to draw her when her defining trait isn't really visual? Maybe I need to get creative at draw her at Flock Draw?? She - oh I should have her smashing a chair over some ones head!  

@cattlebattle said:
awesome work.....you are really good at drawing hair

*big smile* Thanks cattlebattle! As you know I use to be a hairdresser in the Prussian army. Sometimes, really the whole point of my drawing, is really, just about the hair? The rest is just the ends to the means? Still, your words are too kind, and I should stop going to Barber shops and stealing the hair they have... but what can I say? I'm a freak, I'm a sculpture, I am a cloud and a reflection, I AM AN ARTISTE!  

@InnerVenom123 said:

Amazing work!

*red* Thank you Innervenom, I have a high protein diet? Plenty of chicken and raw yolk? 50 push ups in morning and 50 at night. A lot of dancing as well. Well... the hand movements to the The Ketchup Song. Does that count? I think it should to be honest? I am really sorry about the other day? I did not know that was your chicken sandwich in the fridge. I was just really hungry and... well I read a Brian Michael Bendis comic and... I went to that dark place?  

@Samimista said:

You drew these? These are amazing! You're very talented. I love the Final Fantasy ones especially of Rikku.

Drew these.. hmmn, I prefer to use the term ruining, as in ruining the clean and clear white paper I steal from the library. Little children could be using that valuable Earth resource for things like Origami and yet... still *smile* I appreciate your kind words and yah, awwh you are a Rikku fan as well? Her and Paine were my fav. Thank you again Samimista!!  

@Daveyo520 said:

I will not stand for your pro Canadian propaganda!

Propaganda... or... the TRUTH! *dramatic pause* Do not stir the sleeping giant that is the Canadian Communist Committee of Crushing Civil Liberties Crusaders.. uhm..  

*is humbled by everyone else's replies - will reply later, appreciate all the kind words. Now I can go back home and tell my father I am Not a loser - then crawl under my bed and cry happy* uHm.... 

Though to be honest I do tend to prefer Non Constructive Criticism - So feel free to mock and criticize me. 0_0  

Oh, and now...  my greatest artwork.  
No Caption Provided
InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23  Edited By InnerVenom123

@SC: THAT DARK PLACE. STAY OUT OF IT.

Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Daveyo520

@SC: PS you did a really good job.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By PowerHerc

These are good; definitely not catastrophes.

TheGoldenOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#26  Edited By TheGoldenOne
@cosmo111687 said:

Agreed. Really awesome stuff :)
Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Billy Batson

@SC said:

Ooohhhh lol thats actually a really, really good idea! lol

Thanks Billy, I appreciate your posting and kind words and smile, *grin*

Now I have a strange compulsion to draw Gorillaz/Captain Marvel Family amalgamations...

you should do an amalgamation of Elektra and Nemi instead :p
BB

Doctor!!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

User Lists: 12

#28  Edited By Doctor!!!!!

Well I have a lot to improve on in my art work... because mine sucks compared to yours!!!! Dang!!!

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Hector

Awesome! I think your sketches of Vaniile and Nocturne are the best from what you've shown here.

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@SC:

Bitchy Rules!!! :D

No Caption Provided
Alecs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#32  Edited By Alecs

You have amazingly good drawings there. Congratulations!

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#33  Edited By Hawkeye446

@Roxanne Starr said:

@SC:

No Caption Provided

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!

Very, very, very nice SC. You see how many people like your work? SO glad you have finally made an art thread!

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@Hawkeye446 said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@SC:

No Caption Provided

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH!

I like to terrorize SC with images of that Bitchy Bitch character every chance I get. XD

She's such a cow!!!...The polar opposite of the beautiful women that SC draws.

Avatar image for thewitchinghour
TheWitchingHour

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By TheWitchingHour

I've got to say I really don't think you should resort to false modesty. All of these sketches are very good. You should own up to just how talented you are because I and the rest of the Comic Vine community think these are pretty darn fantastic. Although I really enjoyed your narrative set up for the sketches. Good story and Awesome sketches. Nocturne was my favorite.

Hawkeye446

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#37  Edited By Hawkeye446

@Roxanne Starr: Hahahahahhaahahahahahah ;-)

Silkcuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 730

User Lists: 13

#38  Edited By Silkcuts

Some badass art, wish I could draw that good.

horshbox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By horshbox

You have an unreal talent, keep up the great work

The_Myth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#40  Edited By The_Myth

Truly awesome my friend. Really love your art! ;)

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#41  Edited By sora_thekey

Whoa! Didn't know you could draw! Kudos!

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Eyz

Sweet drawings!

Great work all around^^

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By SC  Moderator
@jordama said:

How are you not a professional artist?

Eh, I am not really that good an artist. I mean, I am really, really, really, really slow. I am a better art tutor than artist. lol - I wish I could be a professional artist, but I would have to learn to be more expressive and not spend like 3 hours trying to get an ear right, before ripping up the entire drawing and then eating it then bitting the ends of all my 4B pencils because if I don't my soul will float away. 0_0   

Thank you for the nice sentiment *red* 

@lykopis said:

Aww - well now, isn't this nice to see? See what little boys with bruised elbows and feet can do when they learn to turn evil and become thieves?

Your artwork is a visual dessert, SC. And we gorge on it. Just so, so beautiful. :)

PS. Yes. Canada is pretty cool. Its getting close to freezing at the moment so thanks for rubbing it in....

^_^

I'll make sure next time I draw a character they will be in a bikini then? Since this is a comic site I will have the character fighting ninja polar bear in a church in the middle of a desert nothing weird about that at all? Wonder Woman...? Starfire....? Ah I know? Wonder Woman's not the only Canadian around, how about Wolverine? *grin*   

Thank you Lykopis, your too kind, and your words of support are way too cool sounding. Wait.. are you saying I am the Paula Deen of art... *wonders if that is good or bad thing lol*

@kiss_lamia said:
@SC:  Yay you finally posted them WOOP go SC :D my faves of yours are X-23, Nocturne and Emma's Costume change :D *PENCIL FIGHT ONGARDE*  ROFL :P

*abashed* Thank you, you have always also been very supportive, I appreciate it! Ooh, ohh I so want to draw a Selene and Lilith sooner or later too, I hope you can help me with questions on details *smile* I'll go look for your thread, I have fallen behind on everyones. 0_0 

@IcePrince_X said:

Cool works of art!

Thank you, awwh I am a huge fan of your artwork as well, so, thank you.  

@madrid_san said:

I also love the Canadian Flag on her ;) what parts you guys from assuming you're both Canadian haha

Great work SC I've not seen any previous work (if any) but I'm impressed with the sketches and coloured work! ;)

Ooh me, I am not from Canada, but I am a big fan, great country, great people. I am from Narnia *red*  

Thank you, I am a big fan of your art (and your brothers), and your both so proficient its amazing and admirable. Hopefully next year I can try and get more into art. this year has been a quiet art year for me. Thank you again.  

@azza04 said:

Amazing.

Thank you, you were supportive too, earlier on. I appreciate it! *smile* 

@thehummingbird said:

Awwww just awww awwwww awwwww -draws pictures of SC drawing a picture and then writes letter of how amazing his art is and then writes another note about how adorable vanille is getting distracted- 0_0 JUst awww and thank you..

You never need to thank me, you were my biggest and nicest art supporter. Thank you, that always meant a lot to me. I am glad you like Vanille. Now to go draw Snow being ridden by Paula Deen. 0_0  

(Thank you THB)
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By SC  Moderator
@cosmo111687 said:

Thank you Cosmo, *red* Catastrophes don't always have to be bad things per say.. lol 

@PowerHerc said:

These are good; definitely not catastrophes.

Thank you PowerHerc! One day I want to try a Hercules and Big Barda sketch! 

Should add more. 

I like Red Sonja, I have no issues with her attire, I view her as a more fantasy character than realistic type (all characters have a bit of both in them) so like and think her classic look works and is nice, but I also wanted to try and give her a more practical armour, because I sort of like drawing armour and well - but also done for a friend. One day I might try and digitally recolour so its her older school look. Oh, and had some fun with some effects as well (red glow just on drawing and a red background)  

Sonya
Sonya
Highlights
Highlights
Galactus Hungers
Galactus Hungers
Sonja with Background
Sonja with Background
rogue_mar1e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By rogue_mar1e

So much wonderfulness. You're brilliant SC.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By PowerHerc

@SC: You're welcome. Good idea, I'll have to try a Herc and Barda piece, too.

Edgeworth_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Edgeworth_11

That's beautiful.

kiss_lamia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#48  Edited By kiss_lamia
@SC: No Worries Cheeky :D YEah feel free to ask anything about them two characters wether it be settings, concepts ect you know i will help you spread the dark love of Lilith and Selene loool speaking of which Selene is not happy i featured Emma Frost in my thread she wants a revenge pic loool and loving Red Sonja Too :D x
Avatar image for metropoliskid41
MetropolisKid41

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MetropolisKid41

Incredible artwork man!!! Great work SC!!

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#50  Edited By Deranged Midget

@SC: Simply amazing work and props for adding in the Canadian Maple Leaf!