Avatar image for ramsillustrations
#1 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1864 posts) - - Show Bio

Just testing out 2 tablets one I started the outline on and finished the feathering on the other. This is just a figure warmup without much of a goal other than I turned it into the Reverse Flash, is he suspended in air and drifting towards the unknown in Marvels Negative Zone cross over? Who knows, just wanted to share. :)

haven't had much time to draw lately but I am getting ready to do this quite a bit more, at least that's my plan so I have a lot of loose sketches that I will be tightening up to get me back in the swing of this.

No Caption Provided
#2 Posted by TinyFord (467 posts) - - Show Bio

Great!

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
#3 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (7603 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1864 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by NewWorldOrder (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice

#6 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1864 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by NewWorldOrder (1568 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by KrleAvenger (20745 posts) - - Show Bio

Good job.

#9 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1864 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#10 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (909 posts) - - Show Bio

wow good job, man. What tablet/app did you use?

#11 Posted by Bomberman1404 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks cool. You seem to really love his muscles lol

#12 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1864 posts) - - Show Bio

@itouchedtheboat:

Thank you. I have a Samsung Note 12.2 and a Surface. My preferred App is Sketchbook Pro, which is what I used for this. I also have Manga that is now Clip Studio Paint and Adobe PS

@bomberman1404:

Well being an anatomy driven field, I find drawing Male and Female figures challenging for different reasons.

As I continue to practice and improve, everything else seems like such a breeze in comparison. Like when having to put it all together in one individual piece with buildings and/or other backgrounds.

It really does facilitate the process by starting with the figure. It is your main center piece for your style and look that you will need to showcase when you look for work as a professional. That's if an individual is looking to make this a career.

I am always learning, as we all should be and you have to keep everything in mind, from composition, lighting, story layouts, facial expressions etc. If I don't keep up with my anatomy it actually can become a little tougher to draw in general. I start with a pose, almost any pose, rigid poses are not fun to look at but they do help to loosen up as a warmup for better drawing results as you draw throughout the day.

I love the challenge and that's why I do it.

All of it will come together very soon. I am working on a big project at the moment, I will showcase it when I am done.

#13 Posted by Bomberman1404 (131 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1864 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by Bomberman1404 (131 posts) - - Show Bio

@ramsillustrations: I'm not an artis, I just like seeing drawings like this. I like this drawing of yours though. It looks nice. I'd definitely never come close to this lol

#16 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1864 posts) - - Show Bio
Avatar image for itouchedtheboat
#17 Posted by ITouchedTheBoat (909 posts) - - Show Bio

@itouchedtheboat:

Thank you. I have a Samsung Note 12.2 and a Surface. My preferred App is Sketchbook Pro, which is what I used for this. I also have Manga that is now Clip Studio Paint and Adobe PS

how are you finding the Note 12.2? I'm saving up for a tablet myself and heard the Galaxy Tab S3 is very good. Is drawing on the Note any different than drawing on paper? I mean of course there is some difference, but is it significant enough to change the quality of your art?

#18 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1864 posts) - - Show Bio

@itouchedtheboat:

Nothing is quite like drawing on paper, at least not yet. I have a Cintiq like monitor tablet with 2048 pressure points and I love working on that.

After a lot of updates and setting changes in the past year the Surface works well for me too. The Samsung is a good tablet but its android, its a great way to get sketches done but the programs are limited in comparison, to say a windows computer but you can get a lot done.

I am not sure to what extent Samsung has reworked the pen and how much better it is now but I am very happy with the note12.2, its just not at the same level as say a Wacom pen on a windows/Apple version of a program even though I believe Wacom technology is what Samsung is using on it. I am very picky on my lines so I have to have something that just flows the way I need and want it to.

This is a drawing I did a while back on the Samsung Note

No Caption Provided

Hope this helps in your decision. :)