Public Domain Redesign Contest #29 - Captain Future

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By payno

For this contest I'd like to see everyone redesign the public domain character, CAPTAIN FUTURE.

"Andrew Bryant was a young research scientist who worked for the Pacific Electrical Corporation. In desperate attempt to prove that his work had value to the company, he took a chance and crossed gamma and infrared rays. The experiment blew up in his face, but he survived and, as he quickly discovered, getting bombarded by the resulting radiation gave him superpowers.

Captain Future can fly, hurl energy bolts from his hands, read minds, listen to radio and television broadcasts with his mind, and has super strength. But strong blows to the head can render him unconscious, and he must frequently use his machine to recharge his powers."

I can't upload a picture right now but check him out here- http://www.comicvine.com/images/1300-1182013

Deadline is January 20th.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hrrrrrrmmmmm...

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

Great choice.

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#5  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

Should be quite interesting. Hoping to find some time for this one :)

billyfoo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Violens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

blancosombra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By blancosombra

I really had fun with this one...

CAPTAIN FUTURE
CAPTAIN FUTURE

I wanted to keep the red and blue and decided at the last minute to add some white to the costume... gives it a patriotic touch. I went with red hair and freckled face (though some of the finer details don't appear to have carried over from my iPad) in honor on my 6 year old, who was climbing on me as I started this piece. Captain Future sports a gauntlet on his right arm that he uses to recharge himself via a larger machine. I added some lines around it that look almost like something is coursing from the gauntlet through his arm. Hope everyone enjoys it!

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know nothing of this character, but sketched him anyway.

No Caption Provided
wildcats25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By wildcats25

I gave this a try.

No Caption Provided

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

No Caption Provided

In the case of my reboot, hell be known as Future-Man.

I knew I didnt want him to have all them powers, but I was intrigued by the listen to radios, which turned into technopathy/technomorph.

Ezekiel "Zeke" North lived in a rural community who didnt let the modern world destroy their culture, but when he turned 21 he was allowed to travel America for a pilgrimage. It was during this time Zeke learned of his abilities. It came to great to shock, living a life in seclusion then to learn of superpowers. When super heroes entered his life he couldnt help but join their ranks as Future-Man.

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

CAPTAIN FUTURE

Equipped with a belt mounted portable mini generator for limited power recharges and Enhancement Gauntlets that allow him to control his energy bolts.

No Caption Provided

BC42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Hi, I know I've missed the deadline but work sadly kept me from finishing in time. :(

This new look was to redesign him but not too much as the original was so simplistic. If you guys are interested, I'll be finishing the colouring in a day or so and I'll share that here then.

I've tried to show both his physical powers (lightning, flight - background building to come in final image) and mental (reading radio-waves, etc) and will be keeping the same basic colour scheme as the original - the mask will be a continuous yellow like with the chest-lightning bolt.

Anyway, hope you guys like it, will def do the new challenge on time!