Public Domain Redesign contest #11 - Firehair

Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ARMIV2

Previous contest here.

I had this one down to three characters, but I ultimately went with the character known as Firehair (because Duke of Darkness didn't have a whole lot to his story and Dr.Vampire is...well, you can read up on him and see for yourself). Her story and character are just full of awesome redesigning possibilities!

I think this thing can go on till the 30th of this month. Can't wait to see what ya'll come up with!

Avatar image for ZZoMBiE13
ZZoMBiE13

1444

Forum Posts

9

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

Cool. This one sounds pretty fun. Not sure of the criteria for this challenge though. I can redesign her in any way I see fit? If I want to make her a Sangheili warrior maiden fighting the Covenant with a Plasma bow, is that considered acceptable? Not that I plan to mind you, but how far out are we allowed to go with these?

Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ARMIV2

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

Cool. This one sounds pretty fun. Not sure of the criteria for this challenge though. I can redesign her in any way I see fit? If I want to make her a Sangheili warrior maiden fighting the Covenant with a Plasma bow, is that considered acceptable? Not that I plan to mind you, but how far out are we allowed to go with these?

I have seen some pretty original designs in past contests, so I'd say its safe to go all out with it. I think as long as the character has something to do with the character in the challenge it is all good.

Avatar image for ZZoMBiE13
ZZoMBiE13

1444

Forum Posts

9

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

OK. I decided to take my version in a radically different direction. In stark contrast tot he native American upbringing from the original (according to the link you provided), I went cyber-punk. Rather than being lost as a child and raised by native Americans, my "Firehair" was conscripted into an augmentation program and 'borged. (lol, is it the 90s again? Must be.)

So originally I was just going to give her the bright orange hair like so:

But upon reflection, I decided to make even the hair part of the augmentations. Though I may have to call her "Plasmahair" or "Lazerhair" or something like that. :D

Anyway, here's my entry:

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ARMIV2

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

OK. I decided to take my version in a radically different direction. In stark contrast tot he native American upbringing from the original (according to the link you provided), I went cyber-punk. Rather than being lost as a child and raised by native Americans, my "Firehair" was conscripted into an augmentation program and 'borged. (lol, is it the 90s again? Must be.)

So originally I was just going to give her the bright orange hair like so:

But upon reflection, I decided to make even the hair part of the augmentations. Though I may have to call her "Plasmahair" or "Lazerhair" or something like that. :D

Anyway, here's my entry:

No Caption Provided

That is really cool, man!

Avatar image for tonis
tonis

6562

Forum Posts

12336

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By tonis

@ZZoMBiE13: crazy cool design, I totally love the plasma hair, great idea and makes for a badass looking character :)

Avatar image for tonis
tonis

6562

Forum Posts

12336

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By tonis

@ARMIV2: just found this page at the Digital Comic Museum that offers free reading of some of those classics with Firehair, great resource for anyone researching into her :)

Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By ARMIV2

@tonis said:

@ARMIV2: just found this page at the Digital Comic Museum that offers free reading of some of those classics with Firehair, great resource for anyone researching into her :)

Thanks for the page!

Avatar image for iceprince_x
IcePrince_X

5211

Forum Posts

628

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By IcePrince_X

My take on Firehair is simple. She is a red head who grew up with Indians and her Cowboy parents. She has learned mysticism and magic while being a downright gun loving cow girl. She combine the two to protect the lands that her parents and friends call home.

No Caption Provided

She can cast illusions and possess individuals; summon spirits of the earth and control weather.

What she cant do with magic she uses her gun to blow her enemies.

Avatar image for ZZoMBiE13
ZZoMBiE13

1444

Forum Posts

9

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@IcePrince_X: Thats fantastic! Nice work!

Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By ARMIV2

@IcePrince_X said:

My take on Firehair is simple. She is a red head who grew up with Indians and her Cowboy parents. She has learned mysticism and magic while being a downright gun loving cow girl. She combine the two to protect the lands that her parents and friends call home.

No Caption Provided

She can cast illusions and possess individuals; summon spirits of the earth and control weather.

What she cant do with magic she uses her gun to blow her enemies.

Nice! Very, very nice!

Avatar image for tonis
tonis

6562

Forum Posts

12336

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By tonis

@IcePrince_X: always love your take on ladies and those creative poses you come up with, nice job Ice :)

oh and slick just coloring the hair, really accents the whole theme with her.

Avatar image for tonis
tonis

6562

Forum Posts

12336

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By tonis

I don't get a lot of chances to use horses in my pictures so I couldn't resist the chance here :)

Firehair
Firehair
Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By ARMIV2

@tonis said:

I don't get a lot of chances to use horses in my pictures so I couldn't resist the chance here :)

Firehair
Firehair

...EPIC.

Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#15  Edited By ARMIV2

I came up with this one recently.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for gorilla_girl
gorilla_girl

148

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By gorilla_girl

I can't resist a chance to draw a redhead, so here's my entry. From what I've read, Firehair's story is one of revenge and rejection. So, I think she should look like this:

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for roxanne_starr
Roxanne Starr

9254

Forum Posts

9835

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#17  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@tonis:

I like it! Good job.

Avatar image for ZZoMBiE13
ZZoMBiE13

1444

Forum Posts

9

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#18  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@tonis: Wow. Homerun buddy. Nice work.

These are all really great. I pat the collective forum on the back.

Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#19  Edited By ARMIV2

@Roxanne Starr said:

@tonis:

I like it! Good job.

Thank you!

Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#20  Edited By ARMIV2

@gorilla_girl said:

I can't resist a chance to draw a redhead, so here's my entry. From what I've read, Firehair's story is one of revenge and rejection. So, I think she should look like this:

No Caption Provided

That is freaking awesome!

Avatar image for ZZoMBiE13
ZZoMBiE13

1444

Forum Posts

9

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#21  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@gorilla_girl: Love the subtle details. The small tattoo, the pin buttons on the shirt. Very well done. Thumbs up!!!

Avatar image for roxanne_starr
Roxanne Starr

9254

Forum Posts

9835

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#22  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@ARMIV2 said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@tonis:

I like it! Good job.

Thank you!

Why are you thanking me, ARMIV2? I was talking to tonis. :D

Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#23  Edited By ARMIV2

@Roxanne Starr said:

@ARMIV2 said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@tonis:

I like it! Good job.

Thank you!

Why are you thanking me, ARMIV2? I was talking to tonis. :D

But...then what's it doing in my mail box?

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for roxanne_starr
Roxanne Starr

9254

Forum Posts

9835

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#24  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@ARMIV2:

LOL!!!

I have no idea. Why Ted Turner? Because he lives in Atlanta like me? :D

Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#25  Edited By ARMIV2

@Roxanne Starr said:

@ARMIV2:

LOL!!!

I have no idea. Why Ted Turner? Because he lives in Atlanta like me? :D

That's Ted Turner? Huh, 'cause I scanned it up out of a psychology book from my school.

Avatar image for gorilla_girl
gorilla_girl

148

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#26  Edited By gorilla_girl

@ARMIV2: @ZZoMBiE13: aww thanks guys! :3

Avatar image for roxanne_starr
Roxanne Starr

9254

Forum Posts

9835

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#27  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@ARMIV2 said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@ARMIV2:

LOL!!!

I have no idea. Why Ted Turner? Because he lives in Atlanta like me? :D

That's Ted Turner? Huh, 'cause I scanned it up out of a psychology book from my school.

Yeah, that's Ted. He's a piece of work.

Back when he was in his 30's and early 40's and the owner of the Atlanta Braves, you couldn't go anywhere in Atlanta without running into him. Then he married Jane Fonda and became unpopular over night! LOL!!!

Avatar image for ZZoMBiE13
ZZoMBiE13

1444

Forum Posts

9

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#28  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@Roxanne Starr said:

@ARMIV2 said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@ARMIV2:

LOL!!!

I have no idea. Why Ted Turner? Because he lives in Atlanta like me? :D

That's Ted Turner? Huh, 'cause I scanned it up out of a psychology book from my school.

Yeah, that's Ted. He's a piece of work.

Back when he was in his 30's and early 40's and the owner of the Atlanta Braves, you couldn't go anywhere in Atlanta without running into him. Then he married Jane Fonda and became unpopular over night! LOL!!!

And let us not forget, Ted was pretty much responsible for the best wrestling shows ever! Sure, Nitro eventually crashed and burned. But the competition brought about by Nitro vs RAW was amazing. Both big companies trying to out "Badass" the other one. Fan-babby-tastic. The best it ever was.

Also, nWo 4-life!

Avatar image for roxanne_starr
Roxanne Starr

9254

Forum Posts

9835

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#29  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@ARMIV2 said:

@Roxanne Starr said:

@ARMIV2:

LOL!!!

I have no idea. Why Ted Turner? Because he lives in Atlanta like me? :D

That's Ted Turner? Huh, 'cause I scanned it up out of a psychology book from my school.

Yeah, that's Ted. He's a piece of work.

Back when he was in his 30's and early 40's and the owner of the Atlanta Braves, you couldn't go anywhere in Atlanta without running into him. Then he married Jane Fonda and became unpopular over night! LOL!!!

And let us not forget, Ted was pretty much responsible for the best wrestling shows ever! Sure, Nitro eventually crashed and burned. But the competition brought about by Nitro vs RAW was amazing. Both big companies trying to out "Badass" the other one. Fan-babby-tastic. The best it ever was.

Also, nWo 4-life!

Some people don't like him but Ted WILL go to heaven!...because he's spent his whole lifetime CREATING JOBS!!!

Avatar image for roxanne_starr
Roxanne Starr

9254

Forum Posts

9835

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#30  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@tonis:

AHA!!!

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#31  Edited By ARMIV2

Awrightie, folks, 'member that this thing here ends tomorrow.

What time? Probably around 4:00.

Avatar image for decept_o
Decept-O

8097

Forum Posts

33607

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#32  Edited By Decept-O

Incredible designs by everyone. Another great choice to re-design.

Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Avatar image for keroga
KEROGA

1340

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#34  Edited By KEROGA
No Caption Provided
Avatar image for htb106
htb106

1724

Forum Posts

2337

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#35  Edited By htb106

@ARMIV2: Nice artwork!

Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#36  Edited By ARMIV2

Does tonis know that he won this contest?

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

2675

Forum Posts

0

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@ARMIV2 said:

Does tonis know that he won this contest?

Probably not since he's been extremely busy working on a project and hasn't been back regularly in a while. Roxanne mentioned he's helping Bob.

Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#38  Edited By ARMIV2

@RamsIllustrations said:

@ARMIV2 said:

Does tonis know that he won this contest?

Probably not since he's been extremely busy working on a project and hasn't been back regularly in a while. Roxanne mentioned he's helping Bob.

Ah.

Avatar image for blizaga101
Blizaga101

1036

Forum Posts

186

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By Blizaga101

are we gonna see the next one anytime soon? Been itching to give the next one a try but its been ages :(

Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#40  Edited By ARMIV2

@Blizaga101 said:

are we gonna see the next one anytime soon? Been itching to give the next one a try but its been ages :(

I don't know. Tonis hasn't gotten back to it yet, so I'm not sure what to do with this.

Avatar image for raamesirote
raamesirote

776

Forum Posts

1220

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#41  Edited By raamesirote

@ARMIV2: You should probably contact a mod about giving the win to second place since it has been so long.

Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#42  Edited By ARMIV2

@Rockfall said:

@ARMIV2: You should probably contact a mod about giving the win to second place since it has been so long.

I'm considering that, or I might just give it to second place myself.

Avatar image for raamesirote
raamesirote

776

Forum Posts

1220

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#43  Edited By raamesirote

@ARMIV2: any news on the starting a new contest? I'd hate to see a contest disappear. Its been a month.

Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#44  Edited By ARMIV2

@Rockfall said:

@ARMIV2: any news on the starting a new contest? I'd hate to see a contest disappear. Its been a month.

I've gotten nothing from gorilla_girl, so it looks like somebody else is going to have to take over.

Avatar image for raven0207
Raven0207

1329

Forum Posts

523

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#45  Edited By Raven0207

@ARMIV2: the way we have done it in the past is if the winner doesn't step forward than last months can step forward and start the new contest. I'm fine with that as long as everyone else is

Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#46  Edited By ARMIV2

@Raven0207 said:

@ARMIV2: the way we have done it in the past is if the winner doesn't step forward than last months can step forward and start the new contest. I'm fine with that as long as everyone else is

I'm perfectly down for it at this point. This needs to go somewhere.

Avatar image for raven0207
Raven0207

1329

Forum Posts

523

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#47  Edited By Raven0207

@ARMIV2: then in my opinion go ahead and start the new contest. If anyone has problems I'll take the blame!

Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#48  Edited By ARMIV2

@Raven0207 said:

@ARMIV2: then in my opinion go ahead and start the new contest. If anyone has problems I'll take the blame!

Alrighty then...

Guess I'll start getting to work on that new contest.

Avatar image for raven0207
Raven0207

1329

Forum Posts

523

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#49  Edited By Raven0207

Sounds good to me

Avatar image for armiv2
ARMIV2

10074

Forum Posts

15

Wiki Points

0

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0