Public Domain Contest #36: Amazona The Mighty Woman

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By IcePrince_X

She may appear to be an off-shoot of the Amazon Princes of Themyscira but she is actually conceived a year and a half before the princess.

Back Story according to ComicVine:

In the vast cold reaches of the far north lives Amazona. A woman of surpassing strength and unmatched beauty. She and her last people are the last survivors of a super race that perished during the period of the last ice age. When she meet a handsome explorer Blake manners who accidentaly stumbled upon their citadel after surviving and ill-fated expedition, she becomes infatuated with him and follows him back to America. In America, Amazona and Blake goes to a party, but it is crashed by gangsters. Amazona manages to stop the criminals and avoided being caught up in a fiery explosion. While she made only one appearance, Blake was supposedly able to investigate a murder case in the next issue with Amazona's help.

No Caption Provided

Here are some inspirational images of Amazona

No Caption Provided

@shatterstar can we pin this please? thanks!

Contest ends on July 25, 2014

wildcats25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By wildcats25

hmmm... an excuse to draw a hulking-sexy woman. i'm tempted...

well, i tried.

No Caption Provided

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vava-voom wildcats

Blue Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Blue Son

Throwing my hat in this contest! Getting out of my comfort zone, and presenting something than my own characters for a change.

I went with a more tribal look for her, and an extremely athletic physique. And it was only fitting to drop her in the middle of a jungle.

And I think the spear adds a nice touch...what do you think?

No Caption Provided

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

Im working on an entry, should be up soon.

skyraider918

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By skyraider918
No Caption Provided

I went for a more Inuit style due to her arctic origins

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By payno
No Caption Provided

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Excellent entries shadowalker and payno... each one is unique but both are fitting to the name Amazona

Blue Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Seems like we got some serious competition here, I have to say I do like @payno 's piece a lot. Love the colors and what appears to be an ice pick like spear.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, if I got time...

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Blizaga101
No Caption Provided

Famke Amazona was a member of scientifically advanced race of humans who hid in secret under the ice of Antarctica. They are centuries ahead in all methods of technology and medicine but can’t maintain a larger population than 50, therefore strict breeding rules are implemented and an event takes place every 50 years where 10 random individuals from the society are forced to leave their home.

Great unrest was brewing in this society and some were planning a rebellion. Famke’s parents knowing of this imminent threat guaranteed her place during the event. Famke heartbroken, knew she had to leave and complied, but as the event took place the rebellion began and Famke could only stand in shock as her home became ruin in the matter of seconds. Once she breached the surface she soon realised she was the only survivor of the chosen 10. Unable to return home she walked across the tundra unsure of her future.

Famke due to her enhanced DNA possessed immense strength, amazing durability capable of withstanding most attacks and severe conditions and granted a healing factor. Like most of her people she was intellectually gifted, her prowess was for analysing her surroundings, predicting what hadn’t happened yet was unique amongst her people.