Public Domain Contest #32

frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For our next venture into the golden era of super heroics, we have the Spark Man. Comicvine has this to say about Spark Man:

he was classical violinist Omar Kavak, who on finding that he sometimes built up a charge while using his bow experimented to see just how far he might be able to push this phenomena.

In the end Omar invented a pair of odd looking gloves that let him supercharge himself up with static electricity without harm..

Devising a costume and the secret identity of The Spark Man he then went out to fight crime.

After a little over a year as the Spark Man America entrance into World War II and Omar took an unusual tack for a superhero, he left his costume behind and joined the army to fight as a common, if not ordinary solider. (though they kept showing him in costume on the cover in a small box they moved him from being the cover feature.)

The series continued on with him as a solider until he was replaced by Nancy and Sluggo and other kid oriented features without him ever returning to it.

And for reference:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

So, contest ends April 4th with voting concluded on April 7th. If you find you need extra time, drop me a line and we'll make it so.

@shatterstar : Please pin? Thank you.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

I haven't written anything pertaining a bio but I at least wanted to use the "contacts on his gloves" concept as well as showing contacts on his mask. I purposely made him very angular and thin.

No Caption Provided

May add more details and coloring later. Here is my submission for now.

deadcool_XD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

No Caption Provided

This is my Dc modern version of sparkler. To make him more modern I replaced his helmet with a Mohawk and tattoo that resemble the old style of the Sparkler. Instead of gloves he has super powered gauntlets. When he activates the gauntlets his eyes glow yellow generating a strong force similar to lightning. This is digital art I created using Hero Machine.

Violens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided
shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#6 shatterstar  Moderator

No Caption Provided

This is my Dc modern version of sparkler. To make him more modern I replaced his helmet with a Mohawk and tattoo that resemble the old style of the Sparkler. Instead of gloves he has super powered gauntlets. When he activates the gauntlets his eyes glow yellow generating a strong force similar to lightning. This is digital art I created using Hero Machine.

I guess its ultimately up to @frischdvh to interpret the rule here but i'd say using a program like Hero Machine that advertises itself as doing the art for you shouldn't be allowed as an entry in these contests. Art should be of your own creation, not an assortment of presets put together. I'd DQ this one from the contest.

artiom1q2w

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@donnergeist: I am sorry. I have already posted the voting thread.

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Eh its okay...