New 52 Reverse Flash ink washed

Skinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Skinja
So after inking it with a pen I set up my inks. I had a couple of brushes so I was ready to go.
So after inking it with a pen I set up my inks. I had a couple of brushes so I was ready to go.
I determined where the light source was and began layering the ink to get some shadows.
I determined where the light source was and began layering the ink to get some shadows.
I used a C-7 Grey Copic marker in combination with a R29 red Copic marker to get the colour of his chest/face I also used them for the veins that run across his body. I put paper over his face and chest when I started to flick ink on to the drawing to make sure they aren't affected.
I used a C-7 Grey Copic marker in combination with a R29 red Copic marker to get the colour of his chest/face I also used them for the veins that run across his body. I put paper over his face and chest when I started to flick ink on to the drawing to make sure they aren't affected.
Added the yellow for his emblem, eyes, mouth and earpiece.
Added the yellow for his emblem, eyes, mouth and earpiece.
Lastly I added some grey to the background, flicked more ink onto the picture and added red energy lines. Honestly I think I went overboard with the amount of elements by the end of the picture and it makes it look cluttered. But I had fun so oh well.
Lastly I added some grey to the background, flicked more ink onto the picture and added red energy lines. Honestly I think I went overboard with the amount of elements by the end of the picture and it makes it look cluttered. But I had fun so oh well.

And that was my first time ink washing something. Is there anything you guys think I can improve on?

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with your last pic observation. But that is how the process of learning and getting acquainted with the medium and your aesthetics before mastering and refining it to your own style.

Nevertheless, this is a pretty hot work.

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Cool...I think you did well with your brush and ink. I done brush and ink before and is not easy. Maybe later on I will post a 18x24 brush and ink of Storm that I did for practice. Plus other I did while in college.

Toastergeist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

No Caption Provided

Skinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Skinja
DoomDoomDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By DoomDoomDoom

I really like how you show you progress to the finished piece. I agree maybe a little cluttered but pretty cool regardless.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#8 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Is always such a treat to see a piece come together in stages like this, liking the picture but also, thanks for sharing the process :)

Sighburr_Punk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sighburr_Punk
Skinja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers