My Worst Art Pieces

yolo2546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By yolo2546

So I'm relatively new to art, self teaching. So I figured I'd point out my mistakes whilst learning so people know what mistakes to avoid in their art:

I think people lose confident when they see better art (hey take dicrapio as an example. I started out with him as he was a reference used in a video on YT that I was learning from) and the fact that a lot of creators don't tend to share their worse art worsens it. Anyway, if you could point out some more gaping flaws in these artworks (since the most recent ones are only a few months old) it would help me a lot and other more

Dicaprio: My general learning background was the basic 'working by halves' technique. Here was my first time using grids (I use dots since lines come easy for me to visualise). Anyway. First lesson, hair is spaghetti like. I should have mimicked the density I used on the side for the foreground. Also, blending is a big issue
Dicaprio: My general learning background was the basic 'working by halves' technique. Here was my first time using grids (I use dots since lines come easy for me to visualise). Anyway. First lesson, hair is spaghetti like. I should have mimicked the density I used on the side for the foreground. Also, blending is a big issue
John Constantine: Yh no this was me testing out the pencils I had. I just wanted to sprinkle in something that wasn't necessarily my fault :).
John Constantine: Yh no this was me testing out the pencils I had. I just wanted to sprinkle in something that wasn't necessarily my fault :).
Joker: Learning lessons about the hair. More importantly I need to work on proportions. Also learning to take steps as opposed to big jumps with orientation and detail.
Joker: Learning lessons about the hair. More importantly I need to work on proportions. Also learning to take steps as opposed to big jumps with orientation and detail.

Vampire Batman (Name chosen after): Easily the worst of the lot. It was a wake up call that I need to have a better understanding of colour so I could implement shades much better. Giving up and then scribbling the skin tones in at the end didn't help either. But I do want to point out that it's OK to point out a lost cause and move on if you're not getting anywhere.
Vampire Batman (Name chosen after): Easily the worst of the lot. It was a wake up call that I need to have a better understanding of colour so I could implement shades much better. Giving up and then scribbling the skin tones in at the end didn't help either. But I do want to point out that it's OK to point out a lost cause and move on if you're not getting anywhere.
John Constantine (again): I wanted to try to work towards drawing without a reference, and drawing without an acc person in mind for memory. Problem was, I tried to implement 'baby steps' by trying to take an animated drawing of the character and making it more realistic. That failed due to proportions; the eye too large and close with a nose to low and unnaturally shaped . Still working towards that goal.
John Constantine (again): I wanted to try to work towards drawing without a reference, and drawing without an acc person in mind for memory. Problem was, I tried to implement 'baby steps' by trying to take an animated drawing of the character and making it more realistic. That failed due to proportions; the eye too large and close with a nose to low and unnaturally shaped . Still working towards that goal.

So yh no Mr Micawber isn't actually that bad. i just wanted to point out that identifying weaknesses is a key point for improvement (eye the teeth)
So yh no Mr Micawber isn't actually that bad. i just wanted to point out that identifying weaknesses is a key point for improvement (eye the teeth)
takenstew22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 takenstew22  Moderator  Online

I appreciate the work you did either way. The last one proves you'll just keep getting better and better.

NicolascageGOD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By NicolascageGOD

The last one definitely isn't supposed to be here. Also do you mean DiCaprio not DiCrapio ?

yolo2546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yolo2546

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers