My new indie comic -ROBOT WESTERN

JimRoller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By JimRoller

Hey there. Would love to hear some feedback on the artwork of these first pages of my new indie sci-fi comic - ROBOT WESTERN. Thank you kindly in advance.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Wow, this looks amazing! Thanks for sharing. :)

JimRoller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZZoMBiE13: Thank you for your kind words; much appreciated.

blancosombra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Looks incredible Jim! The art is certainly stunning... what's the age demographic on this and what's your release date looking like?

JimRoller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blancosombra: Thank you for your encouraging comments. Age demographic is 15 years and up. Issue one is available now on Comixology. Here is the link. http://bit.ly/2skFWiY

You can check out my website at www.robotwestern.com

I really appreciate your interest.

TheFrontier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm very appreciative of the views my post has received; thank you very much. Here is a little about the story. Robot Western is a coming of age story about a young robot boy named Rusty, and his adventures throughout a sci-fi wild west frontier. I liken it to Star Wars meets Red Dead Redemption. The young boy-bot will soon realize that reality is quite different from his dreams and the secrets the Wild West will reveal to him are far more incredible.

Here is Rusty's Character Spotlight - You will find more spotlights at http://robotwestern.com/character-spotlight

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RamsIllustrations

@jimroller:

Excellent all around, nicely done composition, great line art and fantastic colors! Wishing you all much success on this. Hope Comixology rewards you well with downloads... :D

How long did it take for them to approve you? I know there is a waiting approval period.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8 shatterstar  Moderator

Like Rams said above, really nicely done art & the coloring pops.

arkbound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so um, this looks fantastic

JimRoller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By JimRoller

@ramsillustrations said:

@jimroller:

Excellent all around, nicely done composition, great line art and fantastic colors! Wishing you all much success on this. Hope Comixology rewards you well with downloads... :D

How long did it take for them to approve you? I know there is a waiting approval period.

Thank you for the kind comments. It didn't take long for the approval; it was only about a week. But it took several weeks for them to adapt my pages with their viewing software.

JimRoller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you shatterstar and Arkbound for your comments. Very encouraging!

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimroller:

Glad to hear. Thats a lot less than what I had heard but understandably so. Strange that the software would take so long. What size and dpi did you send in?

JimRoller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimroller:

Glad to hear. That's a lot less than what I had heard but understandably so. Strange that the software would take so long. What size and dpi did you send in?

Not sure how familiar you are with comixology but their software allows the reader to view the comic panel by panel as well as page by page so it takes some time to adapt the comic to that format. The size of pages were 2063 by 3131 pixels at a 300 dpi. I heard the same concerns about the long wait time and also problems with their customer service but every time I emailed them with questions they responded the very next day. My experience with them has been great so far.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimroller:

Thats encouraging to hear. Thanks for the feedback on the size and let us know how sales go for you. Not sure what is the right theme to push in an indie comic to catch enough of an interest but I certainly hope you succeed. I understand how much time and effort goes into all of this.

Good Luck!!

JimRoller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@jimroller: Looks nice. Only very minor thing I saw was "fourty" should be "forty." One source says "fourty" is an older spelling, but considered a misspelling today.

JimRoller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop said:

@jimroller: Looks nice. Only very minor thing I saw was "fourty" should be "forty." One source says "fourty" is an older spelling, but considered a misspelling today.

Hey cbishop. Thank you for pointing that out. I have corrected the mistake. It's very appreciated; you would make a great editor.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#19  Edited By cbishop

@jimroller: Glad it helped. Most of the time, it just annoys people when I catch stuff like that. ...Hm, maybe I could be an editor. lol

Edit: I'm not seeing the correction. The robot is still saying "fourty percent."

JimRoller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop said:

@jimroller: Glad it helped. Most of the time, it just annoys people when I catch stuff like that. ...Hm, maybe I could be an editor. lol

Edit: I'm not seeing the correction. The robot is still saying "fourty percent."

Hey cbishop, had some issues with the edit but finally got it fixed. Thanks again.

spectac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By spectac

This is a great looking and reading comic. Well done.

Avatar image for life_without_progress
life_without_progress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

That's some solid art.

Jfujimura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimroller: the art is amazing it looks incredibly professional I just glanced at it and was amazed. If you would’ve like I would love to help you develop some stories!

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 230

#25  Edited By FicOPedia

@jimroller: Cbishop here. I just noticed something else. The robot engineer says "hunch wolves," then a couple of frames down, the narration says "haunch wolves."

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimroller: looks amazing. I just bought a copy off of comixology, keep up the great work.

JimRoller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By JimRoller

@jimroller: looks amazing. I just bought a copy off of comixology, keep up the great work.

Thank you kindly. Please let me know what you think.