cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop
DateMS Painting #4ViewAttached to ForumLast Issue:
03/02/23Heironyverse(Blog) (Forum).Artist Show-Off..MS Painting #3.

I have my own universe of characters that I have been slowly building stories for since I signed up on CV in 2010. Well, really it's way longer than that, but I didn't really start writing the stories until then. Mostly, I write them in relation to the Fan-Fic forum's Character Creation Contest (CCC)- something that Project_Worm started after the Artist Show-Off forum's CCC had been going for a bit. I've never given the universe an official name, because I haven't completely liked the names I've come up with, but the one I keep coming back to is "Heironyverse," so I think we'll go with that.

"Heironyverse," because the character that I started with on Comic Vine, and in fact was a brand new creation for CV, was Heironymous. He's a dragon in human form that has been with the U.S. Secret Service since the day Abraham Lincoln signed them into existence. I've quite enjoyed writing him, and though he's not there yet, I hope to get him published someday.

Within the Heironyverse stories, I've created a few story logos, and logos for some things within the universe. That's what this MS Painting is about, but let's start with Heironymous since the 'verse is named after him.

No Caption Provided

I haven't used a logo for every Heironymous story, but I made this one for "Heironymouse Vs. Leviathan" which in its current version isn't canon anymore. I need to tweak it to get rid of some early elements I don't care for anymore. The badge was found in a Google Image search, and was either the first Secret Service badge, or the earliest I could find. Something I've never revealed in a story is that Heironymous has one of every version of the Secret Service badge. Why? Because he's been there since the beginning, because he's a dragon, and dragon's like to hoard shiny metal things. The lettering was of course an MS Paint font, and the color was sampled from the badge.

No Caption Provided

This was seen in MS Painting #1, because it's part of the 5th Column Comics Library, but "Heironymous in Indigo" was my crossover story where Heironymous and his partner, Crystal Salt, go to to Indigo City on assignment. I of course used the badge again, but went with a different font for this story. The color was just as close to indigo as I could get. I went with a different font, because this is a crossover story. While it is official for Heironymous, like any good crossover, it should really have no lasting impact on the story when it's done.

More than likely though, if I get to the point of publishing it, I'll tweak the bits about Indigo to another city, and scrub 5CC from Heironymous' history. I don't really think the other writers of 5CC would care if I published my bit as is, but I didn't create Indigo City, so it's easier to re-create it as something all my own, than to try to reach people who mostly aren't on the site anymore to make sure I have everyone's permission.

No Caption Provided

I didn't do this pic. It's Heironymous fan art gifted to me by CV member kfhrfdu_89_76k. Drawn Feb 8, 2016. Actual fan art?! Fug yeah! He told me he wanted to draw it for me, and asked me to describe Heironmyous. I told him he was a dragon in human form, bald head with a handlebar mustache. I told him to think circus strongman look, but as an agent, he wears suits with a long coat. So, what I got was this picture with his clothing being a bit of a cross between suit and circus strongman spandex. I included the pic in The Hole in the 4th Wall Bar #6: Heironymous and the Wife, Part 2, and made it official story canon that at some point, Heironymous was indeed a circus strongman. If I ever get him published, this pic is definitely going to be included.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

I'm pretty sure The Manor of Mysticism is the only other Heironyverse story I've made a logo for (and I should correct that). I just went nice and simple with this, and used MSP's Juice ITC font in 72 point type. Slapped a green box around it, all of that on a black background, and done. The Manor of Mysticism is the only original fiction story I've written and completed with a good solid beginning, middle, and end. It features a handful of characters created by me, and a handful of Open Source characters (but my copyrighted versions of those Open Source characters). I had a heck of a lot of fun writing it. I have certainly written a novella's worth of words for other characters, but they're not complete. There's gaps that need to be filled in. The Manor of Mysticism is the first complete novella-length story, and is on CV in twelve parts.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

.The Supermodel Vs. Superblonde Razing The Rhinodome High Steaks Super Steakout Party With Mike Rofon & Ted Atete. This was the first TV show thing I wrote for Heironyverse. It's really just the intro to the show with Mike and Ted giving the history of why this show was happening, and having fun with the crowd at High Steaks. Yes, "Steaks." It's an overpriced steak place at the top of the highest building in Richmond. Doesn't actually exist- I think a bank actually sits on the highest building in Richmond.

I think I wrote this one up against the deadline, so it only gets as far as the intro because of that. I've written bits and pieces of the fight in other places, but after awhile, it just became funny to me to reference the fight, but never actually write the whole thing.

For one, I like a good running gag- not showing the fight is kind of like DS9 never letting us hear Morn's voice. For two, I'll never write something as good as the reader could imagine on their own. And for three, in-universe, everyone knows the fight- it's popular culture, and it doesn't have to be explained. So, unless I get around to actually writing the rest of the fight broadcast, other shows will probably only reference it, and keep moving. We might get more bits here-or-there, but I like the gag of not showing the whole thing.

No Caption Provided

Larsen Channel 7 News is the in-universe news team that I go to for any kind of news report. I'd do this logo a bit different if I could draw well, but since I don't, I went with something simple. I wanted the logo to look like something you may have seen in Sixties or Seventies, before stations started thinking more about branding.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

For .United States v. The Kings: Day 9 - Larsen Channel 7 News Special Report: The Kings Verdict, I wanted a "Special Report" logo. Obviously, I kept it simple, and just added "Special Report" in the empty space of the main logo, with the title of the Special Report above and below the logo. If I do any more Special Reports, I'll likely use the same format. ...I should probably make one of these for their report in .The Last Ride of The Freedom Train.

No Caption Provided

Also in the Day 9 story, I revealed the "Man In The Street" logo. Mike Rofon is the Man In The Street- the guy who does most of the field reporting for Channel 7. I really wanted a silhouette of a man walking for the "I" in "In," but couldn't find one that I liked, so I went with a microphone instead. I didn't find one of those that I completely liked either, so I wound up tweaking it in MSP. The street design I reused from another story.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cbishop
No Caption Provided

.The Race For the Soul of American Muscle. is a rhyme about a guy named American Muscle racing a demon for the souls it's carrying in its phantom eighteeen wheeler. I picked the name American Muscle at random. It was really kind of a lazy choice after deciding that the guy drove a GTO, but it works. I found the "American Muscle" logo in Google Images, used it in the logo, and inverted the colors. Obviously, if I ever publish this in a book, I'll have to get an original logo made. I don't mind doing quick-and-dirty snatch-and-grabs for my CV story logos though, because I'm not making any money on them. It's the logo as its own fan-fic.

No Caption Provided

This is the original pic I used the road image for (found in Google Images btw- I tweaked it some in MSP to make it work). Snatched the crown from something I found in Google Images, and can I just tell you that it was a beast of a challenge to get them inserted without cutting into the letters. This isn't a logo, just a pic showing the last line of the rhyme.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

This is quoted from the CB Wiki page for the show:

Danika Sedova: Bounty Hunter Babe was created by ImpurestCheese (Elouise Clayton) for CCC 26. The picture "Lady in Red," by Cintia was given for that contest's inspiration- the only instruction being to name the characters, and the line in the picture had to be in the story somewhere. Danika Sedova: Bounty Hunter Babe was Imp's entry, and it was great! Like most of her original characters, Danika Sedova was part of Imp's Patronverse, and she was fearless about putting her characters through the wringer. Danika was no exception to that. She very quickly evolved out of the bounty hunter show role, and became something else entirely.

I inherited Imp's characters when she passed, and honestly, I'm still trying to figure them out. I've dropped a few of them into my stories here-and-there, trying to get a feel for them. Danika and crew in "The Last Ride of the Freedom Train" was just me taking her for a spin. I like the bounty hunter TV show idea, and it'll probably pop up again somewhere. For now, it's a question of whether it's a current episode, or a re-run. That will probably remain a question until I decide what Danika Sedova's role is in my universe of characters. (January 21, 2022)

No Caption Provided

When I took us back to Danika Sedova: Bounty Hunter Babe for CCC #122, I futzed with the Cintia pic given in CCC #26 that inspired Danika's creation. I got rid of the word balloon, and inserted a cropped version of the show's logo. I was thinking of this as a promotional poster for the show. Man, I wish I could draw at least this good!

The CCC #122 story wound up being reposted as .Danika Sedova: Bounty Hunter Babe - S2:E3: Oilbird. Oilbird and one or two other characters mentioned in the story were made from animal names that Imp' used in her Impurest's Guide to Animals.

Again, just a quick-and-dirty grab to use as a representation for my CV stories. If published in a book, I'll have to get a whole new design made for the character. The character I made for CCC #26 - Crybaby - has been killed off in .The Orphan: The Last Loss.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cbishop
No Caption Provided

The Spiffy Lube logo is modelled as close as I could get off of the Jiffy Lube logo. The "y" with the oil drip coming off of it is just something out of one of the symbols or wingdings in the MSP fonts. "Spiffy" is in bold, and "lube" is not- same with the "Sy" in the circle. In the circle, they're just leaned with Italics, and I used MSP's oval function to make the circle, which is why it has a hint of oval to it. Nothing special- sometimes when I'm making a pastiche, I like to get it as close to the original as possible. I don't know if I could be allowed to do that if this went to TV or movies, but this is for free, so who cares?

No Caption Provided

.Alien Life As We Know It (S1:E1). was a show about the various people on the planet who are known to be powered by Superbugs- alien creatures that bond with people (and sometimes animals), making them into superpowered sorts. The show is hosted by Renaldo Guevera- completely riffing on Geraldo Rivera, and if I could draw him, that's who Reandaldo would look like.

The logo is just a font from MSP, stretched with MSP tools. The pic of the Earth was one I found in Google Images when I wrote the original contest entry. I decided to use it for the show's logo a year or so later when I did the CB Wiki entry for the show.

The idea behind the name was, "We'll bring you info on new alien life (on Earth) as we (come to) know it," but I have to be honest, in my head I totally sing the show title to the tune of It's The End Of The World As We Know It (And I Feel Fine), by R.E.M. If this actually showed up in a show or movie (big dreams!) I would totally try to get the rights to use the R.E.M. music for the show's theme. lol

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Heroes Tonight was brought to life for .The Greatest Superhero of All Time, mentioned later in a DC fan-fic I did, and used again in .Heroes Tonight: The Calendar Girls Special. Neither story is a comlete episode- just the part I wanted to tell. It is completely modelled after Entertainment Tonight, the HT logo being a close ripoff of the ET logo.

No Caption Provided

The HT buttons are even modelled after the ET buttons of Entertainment Tonight. I've done these in multiple colors. I used them like bullet points when the hosts were running down the night's stories, and as the final sign-off pic at the end of a story.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

For .Heroes Tonight: The Calendar Girls Special, same logo, but with "The Calendar Girls Speical" tacked on, because it wasn't a regular episode.

The hosts for the sure are Sawyer Picture and Lotta Questionnés, and while they are modelled after John Tesh and Maria Menounos, I am quite sure that my characterizations have swerved severely from the actual ET hosts.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cbishop

There are a few other shows and movies that I have made up for my stories, but I've never made logos for them. I really need to get around to it. The main reason I make the logos is because it's fun, but also because when I don't feel I can draw the characters, the logos give me a colorful something to put into the story. That and the few pics I've found to respresent some of my characters helps break up the giant walls of text so that people might want to read the stories.

Thanks for checking it out.

Next Issue: Gwanda.
Please let me know what you think, and thanks! -cb

Text content owned by Chris Bishop, copyright 2023.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers