#1 Edited by LuisEscobar (221 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

I think it would be best to simply copy and paste some of what I wrote in my blog about this drawing:

"This week’s Superhero vs Superhero drawing gave me a lot of trouble. Seeing it, you wouldn’t think it did....

...They’re both the “masters of magnetism,” of their respective universes. And of course they’re now chibi refrigerator magnets holding up a drawing my son Ambrose drew when he was two.

The reason this drawing gave a me trouble was because of the lack of real planning.

The first time around I roughed it out and showed it to my wife to see if the joke “read.” I had drawn the two characters their actual size, hanging off a refrigerator. The problem was, they were so big, they covered up the fridge and my wife didn’t realize they were magnets. They just looked like they were floating in a kitchen, in front of a fridge.

I scrapped the idea and simply wasn’t going to do it...

...Then I talked about it with a friend who gave me the idea to make them chibi style magnets. That’s what I ended up doing.

Thing is, then I got ambitious. I decided I should digitally paint this drawing and not simply ink it. And by “paint,” I meant, not just color but get rid of all the lines and do a full painting. They’re simple characters, I thought it shouldn’t be a problem.

So I began the process, and quickly realized two things, one, I couldn’t paint all that well, and two, painting the drawing was going to take WAY too long.

So I quit. It left me feeling really frustrated and I felt, I’d failed. On top of that, I seemed I wasted a lot of time I need to get other things done.

I had roughed out and cleaned up the drawing digitally. The line work was pretty much done. Only, I didn’t like it. I wasn’t sure what to do, but I ended up turning the clean up lines into non-photo blue and printed it out so I could ink it by hand. Which I did...

...So in the end this simple drawing gave me more trouble than I wanted it to and it left me wanting to paint. Which I think I'll start doing soon."

#2 Posted by BumpyBoo (14791 posts) - - Show Bio

Hehehehe! So cute and such a funny idea! Might be my favourite one so far :D

#3 Posted by LuisEscobar (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Wow, really? Thanks. That's really nice to hear considering how bummed out it left me feeling. It's tough for me to look at it objectively.

#4 Posted by itsomething (3065 posts) - - Show Bio

this is really cool

#5 Posted by BumpyBoo (14791 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Wow, really? Thanks. That's really nice to hear considering how bummed out it left me feeling. It's tough for me to look at it objectively.

Absolutely! It's quite clever, you've drawn them in an adorable way and it makes me laugh every time I look at it. You did great! :)

#6 Posted by LuisEscobar (221 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by AwesomePerson (2767 posts) - - Show Bio

They don't seem to do much but it looks cute!!!!!

Keep the posts coming, I want to see more drawing from you, please!!!!

#8 Posted by Hearsay (89 posts) - - Show Bio

Seconded. More art please.

#9 Posted by Claymore1998 (16541 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awesome stuff.

#10 Posted by deadcool_XD (2503 posts) - - Show Bio

dude you literally have the best sense of humor, your art is great and it's funny!

#11 Posted by LuisEscobar (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadcool_xd: @claymore1998: @hearsay: @awesomeperson: Wow! I'm overwhelmed, thank you all so much.

I'm going to be taking a small break from the superhero drawing soon, only because I want to practice painting. That way I can paint silly superhero drawings. Unfortunately, practicing painting means I need to paint basic things like oranges and stuff, before I can be comfortable painting more complex stuff.

I'll start doing the silly drawings again as soon as I can. There's so much more superhero drawing I want to do.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
#12 Posted by Knightsofdarkness2 (8155 posts) - - Show Bio

That drawing is really great.

#13 Posted by Claymore1998 (16541 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow they look incredible. You are very talented my friend. Keep up the good work.

^_^

#14 Posted by LuisEscobar (221 posts) - - Show Bio