Posted by Alecs (319 posts) - - Show Bio

This is the color version of the Superman drawing I did last week:Superman's New Look

No Caption Provided

I applied several layers of light and shade with different brushes in Photoshop to create the feeling of volume. For the illustration has a comic style, these layers have hard edges. I hope you like it!

I also invite you to visit my public space on facebook, where I published for new updates and publications.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/alxheuchert

#1 Posted by M.S. Feather (1555 posts) - - Show Bio

That sky is beautiful!  Excellent work. : )

#2 Posted by Alecs (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather: Thanks! :)

#3 Posted by ReVamp (23015 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a bird, no Its a plane, no! Its the DC ReVamp!!!!!!!
Awesome work. Particularly digging the shading.

#4 Posted by Dernman (23865 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah It's great. 

It almost looks like the face and the rest of the body have different art styles. 
I don't really know how to explain it but it's really good no complaints here.  
Better then some of the comic artists I have seen.  Keep it up.

#5 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (5235 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya looks very nice, could be a cover.

#6 Posted by Lyrad (379 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome! I'm not a fan of Superman, but it kind of makes me smile looking at this picture. Ha! Keep it up mate.

#7 Posted by sora_thekey (8812 posts) - - Show Bio

While I do love your rendering of Superman I do have to say that my favorite part is the sunlight reflecting off the corner of the image along with the light reflection on Supes. Once again... Kudos!

#8 Posted by Alecs (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: ha ha ha! Yeah, I still have my doubts about the revamp. But I love the suit. I guess we have to give it time and see what happens. Thanks!

@Dernman: Yeah! I know the color work is not my thing, and might seem to have different styles, I do not know exactly. But I liked that complements the artwork entirely. Thank you very much!

@Edgeworth_11: wow, thanks! I'd like that. :)

@Lyrad: If I can get someone who does not like the character ended up loving it, I think my work is done! ha ha ha. Thanks a lot!

@sora_thekey: yeah, I think it is essential that backgrounds are complemented with the characters. It gives a sense of realism, and the light helps that happen. Gracias por el comentario!! :)

#9 Posted by ComicMan24 (147740 posts) - - Show Bio

That is actually very good. Nice job.

#10 Posted by The Poet (8646 posts) - - Show Bio

cool! I saw the one from last week and now I'm even more impressed!

#11 Posted by Alecs (319 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24: Thanks!

@The Poet: Hey! I'm glad to hear that! :)