claytonbarton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By claytonbarton
No Caption Provided

Confession time… I’m HORRIBLE at meeting deadlines… Give me a list of things to do and I’ll do them all eventually. When I get round to doing them is a different story.

The High Heels Tutorial I’ve been working on for the last week or so for example, was supposed to be out days ago.

And the tutorial itself is already finished, but I wanted to add in some additional illustrations to help drive home a few of the key points I wanted to make throughout the video.

Also, I wanted an excuse to include some bonus eye candy.

Phew… anyway! I’ve just finished up the inks for this ass-kickin minx. I really wanted to create something special for the Tutorial Thumbnail on Youtube - and this it - plus she’s featured at the beginning of the into so it was totally worth the extra time and effort to draw her up.

I loved the direction I took on the cyber-punk costume this time around.

It might be a little racey for some; but I that smooth sci-fi style combined with the punk/goth aesthetic comes together to give the character a slick, sexy, Aeon Flux type appeal.

Yep, it’s not at all practical – but she’ll dazzle the onlookers without a doubt.

Given I drew up this character purely from my imagination; she required a little tweaking throughout the creation process.

Almost everything from her booty, boobs and arms, to the size of her head was adjusted, erased, and re-adjusted. And I don’t think there’s any shame in that.

The creation process is rarely smooth sailing from beginning to end. To beat yourself up for having to re-jig a drawing every now and then is just not something you gotta do, because the truth is even the pros screw up from time to time.

That’s all part of the fun! Drawing is just one of those crafts that keeps us challenged, and thank goodness it does otherwise we’d all grow bored of it otherwise.

I hope you like her! She was an awesome character to work on and though there were a few obstacles along the way, I enjoyed every moment of it.

I’ve actually recorded a time-lapse of this illustration and all the other characters I’ve drawn up for the tutorial – and honestly, I’ve racked up such a huge library of video demos now that are just sitting there on my hard drive – I’m actually thinking of releasing them as monthly packs on Gumroad or something.

Let me know what your thoughts are on that, I’d love to know what you think and whether or not it might be something you’re interested in.

Thanks for reading – and remember to sign up here: www.howtodrawcomics.net – so that I can send a link straight to your e-mail inbox to the High Heels Tutorial as soon as it’s uploaded to the Tube. Should be up in a couple of hours. :)

-Clayton