Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By ArtisticNeedham
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I saw theunbrilliant.deviantart.com/ 's post of her Hank Pym/Wasp: Hank Pym as The Wasp and it inspired me to draw Michael Douglas as he looks in the Ant Man films (his age) in that costume. I modified it slightly. Its now a long lab coat instead of a shorter coatish shirt. My thinking is that its not exactly a costume, he wears it in his lab. The wings help him get around to fly up and fix something high or across the room, the goggles shield his eyes and help magnify things. His gloves protect his hands, he carries tools in his jacket. His laser is actually a welding laser type tool. Etc. He still has his Pym particles controlled by his belt to allow him to shrink or grow. The coat also helps hide his age and un-super heroic physic, and the shoulder armor, while they do have it in the comic would help his shoulders look broader and more comic book like than people actually do in reality. The collar also helps hide his neck, human necks are smaller than comic necks and his is older. Plus it alludes to his 80s past. Like Swordsman I like the idea that Pym is a character that fills in the gaps of the past between Captain America 1 and Iron Man 1, well before the Avengers. Douglas was a big action star in the 80s too, so I reminded people of what he looked like then. That's what Ant Man looked like back then. I like the idea that before the Avengers, before SHIELD was actually an official organization, Pym, Van Dyne, Agent Duquesne, and Agent Nick Fury, were a covert team like the Avengers 1959 comic.

My Commission Info:

I lowered my prices.

Its $25 for a head sketch to the shoulders in pencil on 11x17 paper.

$50 for a full figure in pencil on 11x17 paper.

$75 for a full colored/cleaned up figure drawn on 11x17.

And add an extra full body colored figure, + $50per extra figure.

My Commission Email:

needhamcommissions@yahoo.com

I can also draw your own personal characters!

Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

This is really awesome!

Avatar image for artisticneedham
ArtisticNeedham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By ArtisticNeedham

Wow, thanks. I am glad you like it. For fun I did this too:

No Caption Provided

Just a fun photoshop of my idea for the covert team that sprang from SSR and the Howling Commandos. Eventually the Commandos either retired or died and Dum Dum Dugan became Director. Then there is Agent Nick Fury, a young man who is one of the Government's best agents. Next is Agent/Assassin Jacques DuQuesne AKA Swordsman, and finally Dr. Henry Pym (Ant Man) and his wife Janet Van Dyne (The Wasp).

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

awesome

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers