Doctor Octopus Redesign

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By payno

This was my entry for Superhero of the Month's recent Doctor Octopus redesign contest.

No Caption Provided

It's actually more of a re-imagining than a redesign. I wanted to give Doctor Octopus a more inhuman look, so I imagined that he received major injuries in the explosion that created him; in particular losing his legs, scorching his lungs and receiving serious burns to his face and arms.This version of Doctor Octopus replaces his legs with the mechanical tentacles and utilizes breathing apparatus, making his hi-tech costume a kind of life support system.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By JonSmith

Wouldn't that lessen his effectiveness? Given how he usually carries himself, his normal legs are usually redundant, but when he goes into battle mode and uses all four, he stands on his normal legs. This design you propose forces him to stand on minimum of three legs, due to two alone lacking the necessary balance and stability to maintain his weight and position while attacking. Not to mention that this redesign displays all six legs coming out of his abdomen, which would be impossible if he was using them when he still had legs.

All of that said, this is AWESOME, and really impressive. I'm just weird and think about these sorts of things.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#3  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

cool

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ARMIV2

Dang, that's coooooool.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By AweSam

@JonSmith said:

Wouldn't that lessen his effectiveness? Given how he usually carries himself, his normal legs are usually redundant, but when he goes into battle mode and uses all four, he stands on his normal legs. This design you propose forces him to stand on minimum of three legs, due to two alone lacking the necessary balance and stability to maintain his weight and position while attacking. Not to mention that this redesign displays all six legs coming out of his abdomen, which would be impossible if he was using them when he still had legs.

All of that said, this is AWESOME, and really impressive. I'm just weird and think about these sorts of things.

You're not familiar with how comics work, are you?

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JonSmith

@AweSam: I was under the impression they worked with slave labor, multiple beatings every hour, and magic.

Avatar image for uncanny_xfactor
Uncanny_XFactor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Too many thoughts come to mind when I think of this design. That's a good thing. :)