Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Om1kron

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Next contest will be LOBO one of my personal favorites from the DC universe. Lets see how the years have been on him. Or his offspring whatever your spin on it is. Contest ends January 16th Voting starts Monday on the 17th. 
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By tonis
@Om1kron:
lol, why am I not surprised that you would pluck this one out, very sweet. 
Now this better be a fraggin party!!!!!
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Decept-O
@tonis said:
"@Om1kron: lol, why am I not surprised that you would pluck this one out, very sweet. Now this better be a fraggin party!!!!! "

Fraggin' right!   

Nice choice, Om1kron.  I have a love/hate thing for Lobo, so I am curious how this will end up!  Bwaa Haa Haa!! 
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By IcePrince_X

Nice choice :-)

Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Raven0207

How are we supposed to perfect something so perfect. I LOVE THIS ONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Caligula
@IcePrince_X said:
" Nice choice :-) "
Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By Deranged Midget

Aw man, one of my fave characters, I was going to attempt this but I don't want to embarrass myself.

Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Om1kron

No Caption Provided
I may or may not color that. I want to finish my wonder woman entry first. 
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Decept-O

Lobo, his fraggin' wife, and his lil' bastich.   Fill in your own caption on this one!  :0)
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Magian  Online

Nice choice and nice entries so far.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By tonis
@Decept-O: oh man, so that's what domestication will do to the bastich. Glad to see Van Halen is still kicking in the future and that we've managed to keep our youth on the straight and narrow :) 
great concept Decept-O, first laugh of the day.
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Decept-O
@tonis:
Glad you liked it! 
OmegaDynasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By OmegaDynasty

This contest reminds me of Lobo in the 853rd century from DC One Million comics. 

No Caption Provided
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Decept-O
@OmegaDynasty:
The DC 2099 Contests have been somewhat similar to the concept of all the future themed DC Comics, including the DC 1 Million.   I posted a Poll some time ago asking if the DC 2099 Contests should continue and the majority of the votes said, "Yes".    

Lobo was Om1kron's choice.  A lot of users like the idea.  Wish more artists would submit.  

Are you going to submit something for this contest?
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By IcePrince_X

nice entries so far guys! 

I see that the DC 2099 has finally been recognize as a official Artist Showoff Showdown contest! Congrats to the one who started this and the artists who continually supported this concept! 

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Decept-O
@IcePrince_X:
Now enter something, dang it!  Bwa Ha Haa!! 
mannycartoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mannycartoon

Sounds good to me!
Count me in!

Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Om1kron

you guys got all week to get something in.

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Caligula

Holy Crap. I never thought My little experiment, would grow to see success here on the artist show-off board. 10 contests, in it is now officially recognized. thanks for supporting the contest guys, and a big thanks to every one who has ever entered one of em. :D

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Decept-O
@Caligula:
No prob.  They've been fun.
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By IcePrince_X
@Decept-O said:
" @IcePrince_X: Now enter something, dang it!  Bwa Ha Haa!!  "
tempted i am... 
temptation must resist... 
work done first.... 

hu hu hu hu
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ssejllenrad
@IcePrince_X said:
" @Decept-O said:
tempted i am... temptation must resist... work done first....  hu hu hu hu "
Work you must not. A path to the dark side it is. Work leads to anger. anger leads to stress. Stress leads to suffering. Hehehe!
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tonis
@ssejllenrad said:
" @IcePrince_X said:
" @Decept-O said:
tempted i am... temptation must resist... work done first....  hu hu hu hu "
Work you must not. A path to the dark side it is. Work leads to anger. anger leads to stress. Stress leads to suffering. Hehehe! "
ahh, but things only lead if you follow them,
the path must be made sometimes, by no sides lead and bare feet :)
ssejllenrad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ssejllenrad
@tonis: Haha! Good one!
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Caligula

No Caption Provided
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Decept-O
@Caligula:
I get this!    I like this one, like the cables pumping out of his shoulders.  Are they full of beer, keeping Lobo alive in the future?
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Caligula
@Decept-O said:
" @Caligula: I get this!    I like this one, like the cables pumping out of his shoulders.  Are they full of beer, keeping Lobo alive in the future? "
totally future booze!
Fennewalde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#28  Edited By Fennewalde

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
  Good job ComicVine for shrinking images. 

The lobo of the future talks just like ice-cube.
spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By spawndon
@Fennewalde: great design!!
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Decept-O
@Fennewalde:
Is that your artwork?    How did you create it?   Looks a bit like an image done by Sam Kieth (  The Maxx) who has done numerous incarnations of Lobo, along with Simon Bisley.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By tonis
@Caligula: man, I sleep for a day and miss everything. Great tribute Caligula :) 

@Fennewalde: yea the shrinkage is a bitch, can throw you off a lot depending on designs. Good thing to note is it's only gonna go 600px wide. Height don't matter. 
Very nice, the arms rock. Go figure, I wanted to see an ass shot of Kara over in the battle thread but instead I find one of Lobo here. Fraggin irony :)
Fennewalde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Fennewalde
@spawndon:  thanks homie!

@Decept-O: In order: Yes. HB pencil, Scan, Photoshop, color. Simon Bisley is one of my fav artists and sam kieth is a lot of fun too. I'm kinda honored by your words, but, at the same time, want to distance myself from these commercial artists style wise.

@tonis said:  

@Fennewalde: yea the shrinkage is a bitch, can throw you off a lot depending on designs. Good thing to note is it's only gonna go 600px wide. Height don't matter. Very nice, the arms rock. Go figure, I wanted to see an ass shot of Kara over in the battle thread but instead I find one of Lobo here. Fraggin irony :) "

uh, yeah. That bike picture is 1,700 pixels wide. Which makes me sad it can't be displayed fully.  D:

No Caption Provided

Here's a bigger shot that fits comicvine constraints better.
Also, go see the bike image in full size. it's 30% of it's original size on C.V.   
http://fennewalde.deviantart.com/art/Feb-warmup-2-193542002?q=gallery%3Afennewalde%2F23807892&qo=0
check it out. or find it here on C.V in original size!
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Decept-O
@Fennewalde:
OK.  Well, can I ask how you colored it?  If it is Photoshop, I've never seen colors come out like that before.   If you don't want to say that is your biz.
Fennewalde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Fennewalde
@Decept-O: 
Paint brush tool and paint. I really didn't use any other tool in Photoshop.

No filters were harmed in the making of this drawing.  =P
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By tonis
@Decept-O: photoshop can definitely color like that, that I can vouch for :) 

@Fennewalde: yea 1700 isn't gonna look right on a post, but good thing to know is the original size is still intact from your image gallery when you use the zoom option. Just checked it out in all it's hi-res glory. 
insanely sweet, that's a crazy ass perspective.
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Decept-O
@Fennewalde:
I am not familiar with Photoshop, only when artists say they use it.  Based off art I've seen when artists use it, I don't think I've ever seen it stand out like that.   

When you say you used paint----what type?   Unless it was in Photoshop?   If I am being too nosy forgive me.  I just haven't seen something stand out like that before.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By tonis
@Decept-O said:

" @Fennewalde: I am not familiar with Photoshop, only when artists say they use it.  Based off art I've seen when artists use it, I don't think I've ever seen it stand out like that.    When you say you used paint----what type?   Unless it was in Photoshop?   If I am being too nosy forgive me.  I just haven't seen something stand out like that before. "

Paint could be one of two things, first being the paint we all know and love with a brush. Second being the program by Corel, basically another image editor like photoshop but with more of a focus on brushes and paint tubes for the artistic types. 

EDIT: lol on the filters being harmed!!!!! I've certainly put a few in the grave back in the day :)
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Decept-O
@tonis:
Yes, I am familiar with the different types of paint in existence, and I am being nosy, trying to find out what type   of paint he used, if it wasn't something like Corel like you pointed out.  

I've got several different types of paint and brushes right here in my boxes which I've not touched for some time.  So I am curious how this was done.
Fennewalde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Fennewalde
@Decept-O:@tonis: 

sorry for the confusion. When i say 'paint' i am referring to color in photoshop. Like, you select the color and that's what comes off your brush tool.

@Decept-O:  If you look hard enough, you can find Photoshop programs for freeeeeeee on the internet. I'm not condoning this action, just sayin'. I'd send it to ya for freeeeeeeee but the connection in P.R.C is slow when accessing U.S internets. =/
It really is an amazing program that can do so much more than filters and lens flares.
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Decept-O
@Fennewalde:
OK.  Thanks.  Dang impressive, just haven't seen it that vivid before.  Like the concept here.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By tonis
@Fennewalde said:
" @Decept-O:@tonis: 

sorry for the confusion. When i say 'paint' i am referring to color in photoshop. Like, you select the color and that's what comes off your brush tool.

@Decept-O:  If you look hard enough, you can find Photoshop programs for freeeeeeee on the internet. I'm not condoning this action, just sayin'. I'd send it to ya for freeeeeeeee but the connection in P.R.C is slow when accessing U.S internets. =/ It really is an amazing program that can do so much more than filters and lens flares. "
this is true. 
And you can also get it legit for 30 days of use if you have any moral issues. Not long enough to do a lot, but certainly a way to at least tease yourself :) 
Very impressive digital coloring Fenn, it aint easy getting a natural look with pixels. The fact that we weren't sure if you used traditional or digital is a statement towards that accomplishment.
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Decept-O

Well, fellas, sorry, but that isn't my bag.  Maybe I am a knucklehead for not going that route, and perhaps it would help, but if it sounds sketchy, won't do it.  Only thing sketchy I pursue is pencil, pen, ink, paint, and paper. 
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By tonis
@Decept-O said:
" Well, fellas, sorry, but that isn't my bag.  Maybe I am a knucklehead for not going that route, and perhaps it would help, but if it sounds sketchy, won't do it.  Only thing sketchy I pursue is pencil, pen, ink, paint, and paper.  "
it's only sketchy when you start making a living using it and don't support your tools. 
At this point in it's existence, Multi-Millions of copies of photoshop have been downloaded by people looking to learn digital imaging and it's done nothing but increase their sales and make it the dominant program in it's field. You shouldn't pay to learn it, but you should learn to pay for it when it becomes important to you. 

Besides, if you can learn it in 30 days, then they're happy to oblige you sketch free :)
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Decept-O
@tonis:
OK, if it is a legitimate free trial from the very company (Photoshop, right?)  I don't have a problem then.  I still have my stances though, won't back down from them if any of it is from other sources which aren't the company.   

I am behind with a lot of things yes, but if you can't do it honestly, don't do it at all.  I don't swipe nor copy and paste, all I do is original. I am not very good but I CAN say that with all honestly.   

Well, Tonis, hope you will contribute your Lobo soon.  Same for IcePrince, hope he can pitch in with his!  Maybe other artists?
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By tonis
@Decept-O said:
" @tonis: OK, if it is a legitimate free trial from the very company (Photoshop, right?)  I don't have a problem then.  I still have my stances though, won't back down from them if any of it is from other sources which aren't the company.    I am behind with a lot of things yes, but if you can't do it honestly, don't do it at all.  I don't swipe nor copy and paste, all I do is original. I am not very good but I CAN say that with all honestly.    Well, Tonis, hope you will contribute your Lobo soon.  Same for IcePrince, hope he can pitch in with his!  Maybe other artists? "
it's Adobe who make photoshop, www.adobe.com 
Yup, legit free trial good for 30 days on the machine you install it on. Not a rule to be broken there. 
you're only behind if you see something that you feel you need to catch up to, otherwise, as long as you got what you need, you're right on time :) 

My Lobo's about 50%, working on him now. Hoping to have him done by the morning light. Really hoping Ice gets in this one too with his funky freshness.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By tonis

I'm actually done designing this one but am waiting for it to render out. This guy seems to want to eat my pc being born. 
Should be uploaded in next hour and a half. 

EDIT: hit the 3 post rule so I'm just adding it via edit. 
half hour longer than I guessed. This Fragger did not want to come out. 
He's got a few more grays and a pimpin bike. Still leaving a mess where ever he rides.

No Caption Provided
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Decept-O
@tonis:
Oh, Heck  2 to the yes!
Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Om1kron

I'll post up the voting thread in a few hours.