Darna of Maarte

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

It's been a long while since I can back here at ComicVine and so much has happened outside in the real world. But its great to be again revisit and share my art to the community.

No Caption Provided

This is my entry for the HMT Studio contest that was done last year. HMT Studio is owned by the famed comic book artist, Harvey Tolibao (Marvel's Psylocke, Zenescope, etc.) I did not make it but it somewhat opened my interest to do comic book art again.

Darna is a superheroine in my country created as early as 1950's. Though her origin story varies over time, I used her original back story that she came from the planet Maarte where she is also a legend and a hero there.

I basically redesigned her costume and added two chakram as her royal weapons in defeating her enemies in Maarte.

knotty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very stylish, IcePrince. I wasn't familiar with the character--thought it was Wonder Woman at first. Then, I realized I had seen her before! Darna is a Filipino comic character; I had found a reference to her years ago when I was looking in a comics database. There's so many great characters from other countries that many American comics fans don't even know about.

I'd love to see this one in color! Very nice work!

(Now, I gotta go draw a pin up of Darna, too!)

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks knotty! Glad to have been able to re-introduce to you our local heroine Darna

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers