RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RamsIllustrations

Thank you to everyone that voted.

Thanks Fiesty for continuing this challenging contest. This one is for you since WW eeked out Juggernaut this time around.

I'm taking a Que from the way you presented it the last go round with a bit of an old twist from the first run on Crank those Panels.

I found an easy to understand page and kinda followed the story and decided to write an outline as well as using the page as a guide.

Hope we get a few entries this time.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

-Wonder Woman flies in on her transparent plane

-There is a Robot that went berserk inside a factory and she was called into help.

-As she quickly handles the chaotic scene with the crazy Robot she turns and is met by a dubious (paparazzi?) member of the press.

-He snaps a photo of her and she turns into a statue.

You can add anything to this and make it longer or shorter, it's just an outline.

Deadline

April 9th

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#3 BumpyBoo  Moderator
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo:

Thank u, using your character styling, this could be so cool if you added your entry to the mix.

Not saying u would but the invite is there if you are willing and have the time. :D

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#5 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@ramsillustrations: Thanks, i'll give it some thought. Been totally dry art wise the past few months would be nice to get back into it.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By RamsIllustrations

@bumpyboo:

No pressure. Would be cool though, to get ur creative take on this one. :)

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NICE. Prob a good idea to give artists the option of a template to work from too. John Romita apparently worked from Jack Kirby layouts when he began doing DareDevil and pretty soon he was in the old marvel swing. A lot of other artists have worked from predesigned layouts as well. No shame in it and a great way to learn,methinks.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RamsIllustrations

@fiesty_badger6:

I posted that for inspiration and let anyone else looking to join in this monumental undertaking use as a visual guide. Not necessary to use it at all but maybe to get some ideas.

I thought your outline in the previous contest was brilliantly helpful so I incorporated how I did it before with the outline and added a twist with her turning into a statue instead of passing out. Also I think it will be fun to draw the outline of the invisible plane.

No Caption Provided

warmup

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Fiesty_Badger6
No Caption Provided

If that's your warmup I'm toast.

this is just one of the panels but looking at it now I realize I have to replace her head and left arm and have a closer look at some images of her invisible plane.

I'm lucky I've done it in pencil otherwise I might be in some dire straits.

Also adding in the plane and the turning to stone parts were great ideas.

No Caption Provided

GODofART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By GODofART

*Ok its done, this is my official entry:

No Caption Provided

*Update: Page art is done, it just needs word balloons and some solid color backgrounds and im done:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

My idea for this page was to have the bad guy be in a cult of Medusa instead of just being a random press guy like in the original with a magic camera. In my remake the camera turns people into stone because it has an eye of Medusa in it!

I made my own original wonder woman design first before I started on this page:

No Caption Provided

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Fiesty_Badger6

That's hilarious @godofart. The dialogue definitely takes it over the top.

I had a similar idea of an occult enemy but MEDUSA never crossed my mind (dang it.). my robot has a big single eye though, like yours. Which just goes to show that great minds sometimes have thoughts.

ANYWAY this is as far as I've gotten. The second panel is light blue because i tinted it that way in GIMP (which I plan to do with the whole page) so I can take it to the printing shop - print out a couple of large blue pages of the finished pencilled layouts and then hand ink them. It would be a lot easier if I had a drawing tablet I'm thinking...

No Caption Provided

Also I wish I'd read this sooner. Some great advice from my favourite professional artist on economy in comic layouts. I found it on a pinned page in the Byrne Robotics forum called JB Observations which I can't seem to link directly to. The pages have loads of other interesting advice relevant to realizing good comic art in them as well.

Nearly there...

No Caption Provided

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@godofart: Good stuff man, lots of hard work on your part!

@fiesty_badger6:

Sure, I changed the date until Tuesday the 7th. That should be enough but if you need more let me know. Its coming out great as well as thank you to Jesse for pitching in with his. :)

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah, @zzombie13, I should start doing some sketching in blue pencil. As it is I'm too careful with my drawing... and I mostly have to do the backgrounds and shading in a reprint pass. Which drags out the whole process..

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Fiesty_Badger6
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiesty_badger6:

Looks good man, job well done!

Yes I started a penciled page, need to finish tightening the pencils before posting. Been crazy busy on my end and havent had much of a chance to draw.

Central AC broke down and its getting warmer on my end of the world. We replaced the unit but it made it super uncomfortable to get any creative work done. Should have it finished tomorrow sometime...

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks @ramsillustrations. Looking forward to seeing your page.

My aircon blew up several years ago after I forgot to disconnect the water supply in winter. Since then I have erected a tent in my living room with a small aircon in it that I bought on ebay. It isn't cheaper or better so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is not an entry since I was nowhere near complete and won't have the opportunity to finish it in a reasonable amount of time (i.e. An extension wouldn't help). But here's what I had, just for the sake of sharing and showing off. Sorry I didn't get it done though. Some good stuff this time around. :)

No Caption Provided

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiesty_badger6: Thats using your noggin Mad Max style... :p Must look pretty cool setup like that, Im sure if you are or were married the wife would appreciate that. :D

@zzombie13:

Hey Man, I know. This contest is demanding, (imagining what it would be like to do this every day) I guess you have to work up to it of course, ugh....

Yours looks Great!

love the robot...

As you can see from what I have below I'm not even close myself. Will try my best to have this mostly done tonight. I personally dont like mine. I need to get a better pencil technique digitally and I hate the composition on this piece. I could have done way better and disappointed in not taking more time to set up the panels and flow better, but its all in practice and you move onto the next...

No Caption Provided

Well thats it for me today. Looks like this is as far as I will get. Need to hit the sack and I will post the contest in the morning....

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiesty_badger6:

Ok Bud, Show Time!

I tried still missing a panel and details but I work tomorrow and I need to get this wrapped up with what I have. Sadly Zzombie doesn't want his added even though I'm tempted to squeeze it in but I don't want him mad at me without his permission.

I'll try and message him see if he's not to busy out on a Bat Call... :p

No Caption Provided
DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

I've seen some awesome entries so far, can't wait for more

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts