Could really use a hand

jaredmoses2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jaredmoses2

Not sure if this goes here but I have a story in mind about a superhero im working on. The thing is my hero has no powers. I know the common place is that "oh boy hero without powers batman rip off". How do you create a superhero without superpowers without coming off as batman? How do you create separation from that but still keep that core idea?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f
deactivated-5d3f071d30d9f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

@jaredmoses2: Find a role for your character and build a skillset for your character that fits that role. Maybe you soul make your characther being able to do everything maybe having some flaws.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

Batman is far from the only non-powered hero in comics. Iron Man's Tony Stark for instance doesn't have, or at least didn't start out with any actual superpowers. Stories like Kick-Ass do a good job of deconstructing the superhero myth with a non-powered character. And sometimes you get characters like Cat-Man or the Green Arrow who are basically just very skilled fighters who want to help the world. Heck, you could sum up Oliver Queen as "what if Batman didn't lose both parents" if you wanted to be really reductive.

My point being, it can be done if you have an interesting approach. As the writer/creator it's up to you to create an interesting world for your hero to inhabit and an interesting origin story for why he or she does what they do.

Moufino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Give him a personality and skill set other than the "dark and brooding crime fighter."