Costume Contest #131: NEO-JOKER **Deadline reached, contest closed**

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

One of my favorite comics on the shelves right now, is BATMAN: WHITE KNIGHT. It's such a great out-of-continuity tale of a Batman who's just a bit more extreme, a Joker who's just not quite as evil (so far anyway), and a set of circumstances that are taking the story in very interesting directions. One of the break-out characters of the piece is NEO-JOKER. Who, if you don't read the book, is a Harley Quinn doppelganger who stepped in the place of the actual Harley for apparently many years, quite to the obsessed Joker's surprise. When the actual Harley reemerges and asserts herself back into the limelight, Doppel-Harley assumes the Joker's abandoned role as resident villain and Gotham psychopath.

While reading the Twitter feed of the books creator, Sean Gordon Murphy, he mentioned that while he's happy with the story as well as the reception the books have received he's not crazy about the name "NEO-JOKER". It just sort of happened and he's yet to invent something better. So with this in mind, why don't we use this month's costume contest to make up a new outfit concept for NEO-JOKER? And, you know, if you think of a name that works better, feel free to use that too!

I hope this one will be a lot of fun and get a few folks inspired! Deadline will be one month from today: March 19th. I look forward to seeing what the CV Artists can come up with! Cheers!

No Caption Provided

I would really like to get this contest off the ground with plenty of entries. Normally, these contests have no prizes involved but today, while at the LCS for New Comic Book Day, I picked up this copy of BATMAN: White Knight #1, which I will offer to the winner of this contest if we can get at least 5 entries. Ask your friends who draw to join, tweet it out. Let's try to get some new blood in here and the winner gets a small gift from me. :)

In effort to facilitate this, I'd like to add an extra week on to the deadline if no one minds. (MARCH 26)

Cheers!

THE DEADLINE HAS BEEN REACHED. NO FURTHER ENTRIES WILL BE ACCEPTED. THANKS EVERYONE!

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egod, can I get a pin? Please and thank you!

Here's the reference pics that for some reason I couldn't attach to the initial post:

Gallery image 1Gallery image 2Gallery image 3Gallery image 4

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3 EGoD  Moderator

Pinned, this looks interesting.

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@ZZoMBiE13: I've only read the first issue, but I definitely need to catch up! Neo-Joker is such a good character design. This is definitely gonna be a challenge.

TheCount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By TheCount
No Caption Provided

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey everyone, I added a small prize for the winner of this contest, if we can get at least 5 entries. Tell your artist friends! Rules and details are in the initial post. @egod@shatterstar@bumpyboo

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 shatterstar  Moderator

Hey everyone, I added a small prize for the winner of this contest, if we can get at least 5 entries. Tell your artist friends! Rules and details are in the initial post. @egod@shatterstar@bumpyboo

Very generous of you

viceandverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Honestly the real Neo Joker design is great IMO so I just went for simple af...

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZZoMBiE13: Here's my entry...

No Caption Provided

Long live the Jokerette!

Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ok, cutting it close I know but here are my daughters quick sketches to round out the 5.

The first, I think she shot it off pretty quick.

No Caption Provided

The second is from Keykeysapling21 who tried to upload it a few times today already.

No Caption Provided

Thanks for looking.

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Here's my super late entry. Just imagine the hoodie is black and the hair is pink.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@keroga: @maniac2312:

You're not late guys. I added a week to the deadline when I added the prize element. The deadline is the 26th. :)

Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZZoMBiE13: You know, I saw that when I read the update but not when I double checked :/

Thank you, Keykey should be able to add her own then. =D

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZZoMBiE13: You know, I saw that when I read the update but not when I double checked :/

Thank you, Keykey should be able to add her own then. =D

I added it in after I saw y'alls posts. I thought I did it originally, but apparently I'm a stupid.

Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ZZoMBiE13: it's ok, I just made 4×(2/3rds)=3.....really messes up a recipe.?

Dragonspine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, these are really awesome! Great job, everyone.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

OK, yesterday was the deadline. I waited until this morning just in case where was anyone who planning a last minute entry.

Anyway, I'll have the voting thread up here in a little while. No more entries will be accepted.

Thanks to everyone who made a piece for this contest! They all look great!