Costume Contest #130: The Resurrection of Jean Grey

Dragonspine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Costume Contest #130: The Resurrection of Jean Grey

Jean Grey is back!!! But wait, what’s this? Is that her costume??? You’re kidding? Really?? Ahem. But. It’s. So. “Meh.” Surely, they could have come up with something better. Couldn’t they? Couldn’t they?!?!?!!! Well, one thing is for certain: I know the amazing artists here at the Artist Show-Off forum definitely can!

Your mission, if you choose to accept it: Draw a unique costume for the much beloved and soon to be resurrected Jean Grey. You can use any color scheme you want. You can use any fabric you like, from synthetic skintight unstable molecules to War Machine-esque full plate armor. The only thing that I ask … the only thing … is that you include an X-Men symbol, a fiery Phoenix raptor, or both on her costume. (Bonus praise will be given to anyone who draws a unique costume for the entire X-Men: Red team.)

The deadline is December 20th. Just in time for the holidays!

No Caption Provided

Disclaimer: The above remarks do not represent the views of Comicvine or its affiliates and are not intended to in any way disparage the professional talent, skill or process that went into creating Jean’s new look. She’s one of my favorite characters and I just have lofty expectations for her return.

@egod

@shatterstar

Please pin, when convenient. Thanks!

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2 EGoD  Moderator

Well if there is one person I hate to draw...... l o l

TheCount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By TheCount

I like that new costume. An homage to them old comics with the headgear.

TheCount

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheCount

I got carried away with the idea of inventing a costume, looked at some fashion and before I knew it went a little crazy but came back to my senses, not before giving her some top of the line athletic sneakers though lol. Will perhaps update this before the deadline. Would also love to do more, will probably go even crazier with the others, since Jean would stand out too much now.

No Caption Provided
Dragonspine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Dragonspine

Very nice! Those "Air Jean Grey's" are definitely rockin'.

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

@thecount: That hair reminds me of half the girls I went to high school with in the 80's. :P

Pre-aerosol hairspray ban, obviously.

It's awesome!

Here's my entry:

No Caption Provided

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7 EGoD  Moderator

Here's my entry.

No Caption Provided

Dragonspine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terribly sorry for the delay, everyone. I've been buried at work, which will likely be the case through next week. If it's ok with everyone, I am extending the deadline to Friday, Dec 29th.

Dragonspine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks again everyone for participating. The voting thread is up: Vote Jean Grey