Character Creation Contest #107: The Godfather

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

From down to the leader of a gang of street thugs, all the way up to.. well.. the Godfather of a prominent crime family. Whether great or small, create your own head of organized crime.

This character type is a bit underappreciated design-wise, but when you think about it, they come in all sorts that can make them have a unique look, from the Mafia, to the Russians, the Yakuza, the Triads, etc. You can even make them metahumans if you want, but I think it's more of a challenge to create your own normal human mastermind.

As for their motivation.. how 'bout we put them in a classic "if you want something done right, you gotta do it yourself" kind of pose, cocking a revolver, racking a pistol, pumping a shotgun, unsheathing or maybe sharpening a knife or a sword. If fisticuffs is their deal, cracking knuckles, taking off a coat, rolling up sleeves, putting on gloves, you get the idea.

Deadline is on March 21st.

Please pin @egod@shatterstar. Thanks!

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gunmetalgrey:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Analysis

The son of an American mother and Norwegian father, Attley Brightwood was groomed since birth to take over his father's arrangement as Patriarch (or "Gudfar") of the Bakkebrytere ("Ground Breakers"), a Norwegian-based, transnational Metahuman crime syndicate located in the port city of Egersund, Norway. The group operates in subjects including drug manufacturing, weapon distribution, human smuggling and trafficking (even body parts), and money laundering. Growing up in the world of lawlessness, he stood at the foreground of his father's corruption and atrocities, observing and absorbing everything he could possibly remember. He'd shadowed the førsteløytnant (first lieutenant) on smaller accounts, often given the opportunity to practice exercising decisions without father's interjection; despite being bad men, the Bakkebrytere periodically participated in community watch and preservation, as well as other affairs in which Attley was at the helm. During and beyond his teenage years, Attley formally trained in hand-to-hand combat, accentuating the need to protect himself and family from potential enemies. He officially became Gudfar when he turned 35 and his old man passed away from Cancer. He later changed his surname to Brightwood in respect for his mother, and extended management to the United States.

Power

Attley possesses minor command over Chlorokinesis, the manipulation of plants (flowers, trees, wood, soil, etc.). Contrary to standard use, Attley prefers a more unique style of control. Rather than enhancing the beauty of nature or crafting defensive constructs, however, he instantly generates incongruent, abstract mechanisms (glance here for a reference) surrounding each arm and hand/fist, leg and foot, to augment the force of his attacks. They range in any size, color, density, and flora-material, and sometimes glow with degrees of intensity. He regularly employs a wooden mask composed of Australian buloke, the hardest evergreen on Earth.

No Caption Provided

Concept

The avatars above were developed in Second Life (a social media video game) using its resources of marketplace (clothing and hair) and in-game tools, and edited in Adobe Photoshop. The template (shape and skin) of the character is based on Scott Adkins, a martial artist and actor primarily known for his work in the Undisputed franchise, and I personally designed the eyes after my late dog. Attley is a name taken from Gone In 60 Seconds, and Brightwood is a small city in the state of Oregon. I derived the power from a former custom character of mine as well as Marvel's Tesseract (Ultimate Fantastic Four).

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3 EGoD  Moderator

Not going to get this one coloured in time, but I figured I'd post it anyway. God Father of the Demons

No Caption Provided

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@egod: Neat, now I don't need to participate. I've already started on an entry though. If I finish by my deadline, I'll just toss it in anyway.

Btw, I thought I saw a voting thread up somewhere that hasn't been pinned yet.

EGoD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 EGoD  Moderator

@gunmetalgrey: You would be right on the voting thread, which is now pinned. This site has a funny habit of not always sending notifications.

I hope you get your piece done, it's nice to see more than a couple of entries for people to pick from.

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

gunmetalgrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jexsu: Voting will start within the next 12 hours. I usually give an allowance of about a day or so to take timezone differences into account. Wouldn't want to miss out on any last minute entries that are technically on time from where the person's from.

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers