BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#102 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@samimista:

Yes, it is :) Mouse Man is written up to part five so far :)

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

#103  Edited By Samimista

@bumpyboo: Wow! =O You're on a roll girl! =D Can't wait to read them. ^__^

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@lykopis Since you were monumentally awesome earlier, i thought I would try someone else for you. Hope I didn't mess him up too much, never tried him before :)

No Caption Provided

Also gonna just sneak this one by while I'm here :)

No Caption Provided
The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#105 The Poet  Moderator

@bumpyboo: very cute gambit and I LOVE the Were-bear (among others...)

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@the_poet:

Very glad you like them, thanks a lot! :D Really wasn't sure about the Gambit at first, but he's growing on me ;)

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#107  Edited By lykopis

@bumpyboo:

Overwhelmed and officially over-filled with gratitude. M'sier LeBeau is perfect. :)

I want a a multi-purpose bear tooooooo! (and a baby-Boo! -- gah -- baby-Boo is too cute **dies**)

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@lykopis:

Awwww I am just grinning like a loon, really happy that you like him :D

Okay but only if you promise not to eat her, I've heard about you O__O Hehe, in all seriousness I was something like a week old when I had him ^___^ Gonna take a break from him for a bit now though, I'm all Ted-ed out!

Auralaria

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Auralaria

That's awesome. I saw those and some of those were absolutely adorable.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110 BumpyBoo  Moderator
SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#111 SC  Moderator

@bumpyboo said:

Awh cool, well I am very fond of your art and storytelling ability. I am catching up on it now and thank you for putting more pieces up, its really a pleasure to read. When I read your first pieces the songs Coffee and TV by Blur started playing in my head and Wonderwall by Oasis as well, both pretty cool songs, but thats the sort of reaction you get from me, that your art has started to develop its own soundtrack in my head. Heh heh.

Your Poison Ivy is fantastic, drawing shade and ton on characters with supernatural flesh hues can be hard so I am in awe there, and your Thor's expression is so sincere and fun, I am personally a fan of happy composed Thor heh heh. Bumpy vs Boo drawing as well as your piece on labels are conceptually interesting, the comparison piece I find really endearing, I wish everyone ever would do a portrait of themselves that way as a creative exercise. The labels one also but it looks like it should be a big poster. Awwh the Niggle is yeah awwh. Thats a great piece awwh I didn't realize hands are your thing. Noses are my thing, eyes I feel okay about but so many times noses just make me all - well yes niggles heh heh. I am glad you have good music to drown out the niggles. Your Elektra is so sassy its great, great minor details and such a striking and powerful stance and expression. Such an underrated character and you make her look powerful and sexy, something I find some pro artists struggle with balance wise. Oh wow I don't know who Asajj Ventress is but she looks awesome. Nice!

Thank you again for sharing so much of your art and stories with us. This time it was the Pixies you invoked for me.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@sc: Hehe how awesome that it has a little soundtrack for you now :) Also a massive Blur and Pixies fan (quite like Oasis too hehe) so that is pretty cool!

Ivy was the first pic I drew straight onto the PC, never tried that before although I have tried colouring scanned items that have been drawn by hand already. She seems to have turned out okay, and it was great shading practice too. I was telling another user here that I never really intended to ever show anyone my drawings, so now people are looking at them, I'm putting more time into studying things like proportion and considering light sources a lot more :) Bumpy vs Boo and the labels piece were actually both inspired by threads here funny enough, I find in a place like this with so many different kinds of people and opinions, there is always something here for inspiration :D A lot of people were taking about things like gender roles and self categorisation. so that seemed like something to look further into :)

Yes, hands are sometimes my thing, but then noses are too, which is one of the reasons most of the characters here don't have one! Definitely sympathise there. Oh, and I didn't know who Ventress was either until I entered the contest hehe :)

Thank you so much again for all the lovely things you have said about my drawings, and especially for taking the time to respond in so much thoughtful detail. Very much appreciated, mate, I am smiling so much now :D

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#113 SC  Moderator

@bumpyboo: Oh thats great practice then as far as Ivy, I need to practice my digital art too, the idea is that I should make myself faster that way as its a faster method overall but i love pencils too much plus the feel of pencil on paper **red** Oh oh thats great as well as anatomy, for some it can be frustrating, but hopefully its fun for you? I think you will go from strength to strength, I find a lot of artists when learning are too scared to try and go to ugly places aesthetic wise? Or hard places aesthetic wise? Except you seem okay with covering ideas that are unconventional which is usually harder so I hope that assists you with just one day drawing 100 hands and a 100 noses only just on one page heh heh.

Also if you don't know, Deviant Art and Flockdraw have free digital art tools/canvas's that are easy to access and use for digital art. Flockdraw is great because it lets you draw with some friends online - its real mind blow stuff. Awwh no problems, I like many are just appreciate you share your talent with us and its an honor to watch how your story telling evolves.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@sc:

Aw, you can't beat traditional hand illustration though, it feels so much better drawing by hand :) Definitely agree there. There's something about the scratchy noise of it that is just comforting, like the smell of an old book ^__^

It is kind of daunting once you start drawing outside of your comfort zone, but I guess you have to challenge yourself in anything, if you want to get better at it :) I've already started drawing hand sheets, that is a great idea, just been sitting here posing my hand and trying to draw it hehe :D

I didn't know about those online programs though, thank you, I will certainly check those out. Using Paint.Net at the minute, which is a nifty little program but not ideal :)

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By ARMIV2

No Caption Provided

Awwwwwww...

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 BumpyBoo  Moderator
amutant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -2

@bumpyboo said:

@samimista:

Scans pretty pleaaazzz with sugar and slobber on top!!!

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@amutant:

Awww how could I resist that? :P Will upload some more in a bit :)

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amutant said:

@bumpyboo said:

@samimista:

Scans pretty pleaaazzz with sugar and slobber on top!!!

Hehe! I agree! =D I'll even put a cherry on top as well if scans are posted. 0.0

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator
Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Samimista

@bumpyboo: =D I'll be sure to throw Tribbles into the deal too! ^__^

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

More Mouse Man in a bit but first...I'm kinda in a Damien place today, so here's a few of his. They're old so...well you know the drill by now, they're REALLY rough, there's mistakes, but they're from a while back :)

Also, I should mention there is some naughty language in one of these O__O And since you wanted me to let you know, here you go @pyrogram :)

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: Hehe! Kitty! xD Damien seems very sweet. =D I've noticed Tedward seems to be like Hobbes with how he appears to be a toy to others but, to someone else he can come to life. =O

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@samimista:

Aw, he is, he's lovely really. A bit mental, but really nice :)

That's true about Tedward though, he only really talks to Charlie. There are a few strips about it,so I won't give too much away ;)

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: =O Can't wait to see more then! 0.0

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@bumpyboo: Those pop out eyes made me laugh so much xD Brilliant! Cat seems naughty! >_>

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 BumpyBoo  Moderator
BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

Scanning some more in now but thought I'd add this one, I scanned it in with the others and forgot to use it! XD

No Caption Provided

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hehe! Aw! So cute with the hug. xD Where'd Damien go though? =( @bumpyboo

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@samimista:

He spends some time in hospital, the strips after that one are very gloomy O__O

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: Aw. =( I hope he feels better! Is he related to your character?

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@samimista: Yes :( The version of me I use in The Norms is called Charlie and that is her brother, who is based on someone real too :/ (with permission of course!)

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Samimista

@bumpyboo: Aw. *hugs* I'm sorry Bumps. That is nice you got permission though! Sometimes the people we meet leave a great impact on our lives.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@samimista:

Aw thanks *hugs* :) That's very true <3

Samimista

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: Your welcome! =D *hugs* You rock the raccoon's paws! =D

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator
BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

Loads of stuff to add today, and I want to start with this picture, since it's nearly WV's birthday so anything related to her comes first this week! :D

@wildvine: I was messing around with some Harley inspired looks today and came up with some kind of interesting stuff (kinda...sorta...). Thought you might like to see ^___^

No Caption Provided

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Birthdaybump!

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh wow!!!!!

Bumps -- i am loving this and LOL, Damien's song, I kinda sang it out loud just now....>_> I think I am going to torment a few people with it (heh heh)

Also, I love the Norms so much -- everything resonates and dragging out so many emotions (like everything you do creatively) and it's humbling because I am aware I get to experience the beginning of something which will be exploding onto the graphic world. If I believe in people being born for a particular reason, I would say this is yours (actually, just a part of it -- there is much more to you).

Really loving your art style - unique and applicable to you and holy crap -- your Ode to Harley is utterly FANTASTIC!

Oh, the cleverness of you!

<3

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@pyrogram: Hehe, thanks dude :D

More scans then! First, here is a rough first version I drew a while back for Compulso, Damien's superhero alter ego. There are quite a few strips featuring Compulso, and I'm in the middle of tidying some up, but here's the first ever one:

No Caption Provided

Also, this is my entry for the latest Round Robin contest, the task being to create a horror version of a comic character:

No Caption Provided

More coming :D

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#141  Edited By SideburnGuru

@bumpyboo said:

Loads of stuff to add today, and I want to start with this picture, since it's nearly WV's birthday so anything related to her comes first this week! :D

@wildvine: I was messing around with some Harley inspired looks today and came up with some kind of interesting stuff (kinda...sorta...). Thought you might like to see ^___^

No Caption Provided

Came in and saw this.

Awww god, that's awesome. Those ones with the bear are absolutely adorable as well. Great job.

The Harley Kruger one is pretty interesting as well. Actually, it kind of makes sense. Her and Freddy.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@lykopis: Awwww, thank you so much for checking the latest pics out!!! :D As for the song, I guess that as much as The Norms helps in dealing with the negative aspects of living with someone who is severely mentally ill, I do try to make plenty of these positive ones too because there are still so many beautiful moments, even at the worst times. For all his weirdness, I still want people to see why I loved him so much :) And the Harleys, I have to admit I am mildly pleased with that one (shock horror! O_O).

As always, your support means absolutely loads, so thanks again. I am glad you like them, stunned that you like them as much as you do. Love you!! *squeezes* <3

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@sideburnguru: Oh wow, thanks a lot for taking the time to look, I am really pleased you like them. Cheers! :D

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@bumpyboo said:

@sideburnguru: Oh wow, thanks a lot for taking the time to look, I am really pleased you like them. Cheers! :D

Lol, no problem. Thanks for taking the time to make them! Double cheers!

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo:

I think I might be Compulso's sidekick -- I used to (psst, still kinda do) think of the same things whenever I go out walking. Sometimes its the cracks, sometimes it's the gum stains...

I really like Compulso.

And your Harley Krueger is amazing -- gah, even she's got bigger boobs than m...I mean -- yeah, she's really cool.

<_<

Killemall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: This is really incredible actually. As good as it gets. You art genre is differnet from most artist i have seen and honestly pictures are awesome.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@killemall:

Wow, thank you very much! :D *grins madly* Very nice of you to say so mate, cheers :)

@lykopis:

Aw thanks, he is one of my favourites to write, I do love Compulso. Maybe we all have a little OCD in us, to some extent? :)

HA! :) I can try to hide my love of boobs, but the pictures betray me XD

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

Did someone say "special early birthday surprise"??

You know, @wildvine, I think they did O_O I wanted so much to wait but once it was finished I just HAD to show you!! More on the day, but here is a cheeky preview ^__^

(now I've scanned it it looks a little wonky but...well....8D)

No Caption Provided

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@bumpyboo said:
No Caption Provided

This one really hit me. I feel so much for poor Damian in this one, cause I'm a tad OCD myself and I never know when its gonna rear up. Like the blood one? I get grossed out by my own blood. I think I would have a full blown psychotic break if I got someone else's blood in my mouth. Or the one about cracks? I literally cannot look at the ground, or I will see patterns that have to be followed (Or avoided.) On a tile floor, I will only step on every other tile if they are big enough for that.

@bumpyboo said:

Did someone say "special early birthday surprise"??

You know, @wildvine, I think they did O_O I wanted so much to wait but once it was finished I just HAD to show you!! More on the day, but here is a cheeky preview ^__^

(now I've scanned it it looks a little wonky but...well....8D)

No Caption Provided

Okay. Every time you send me a picture, I say, okay, this is my favorite. But then you send another one, and I love it too! This is the sweetest thing anyone has ever done for me. No joke. I mean, poetry? For me? Too sweet Sissy. Now I wish I had done something more personal fort your birthday. Oh well. Have to make up for it over the rest of this year. <3

Oh, love Tedward's shirt. BB does love BB. Heehee.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@wildvine: ^____^

I really hear you about that ground thing, as someone who does watch the floor, and follows the patterns, and won't walk under signs or on grids JUST IN CASE!! O__O (although in case of what exactly I have no idea ;D)

As for the poem, it is really only a fraction of what you deserve :) Earned with almost a year of being the most wonderful sis and a brilliant friend <3 <3 <3